1 hour ago, VCF said:

I still can’t believe some people thought the field would be (half) empty for Dua Lipa.

She needs a decent sub though. Khruangbin is not a Werchter sub by any means.

When people really don't know an artist, they have a wrong vision. Even with the numbers (2 SportPaleis soldout on her last tour). She needs a decent sub... to have a better day in terms of quality but not to sell the day on her own. I guess Friday will be the next day to sell and that Thursday might not be soldout or maybe very late.

3 hours ago, VCF said:

I still can’t believe some people thought the field would be (half) empty for Dua Lipa.

I agree! Perhaps Lana Del Rey would be a strong sub (if she can agree to play below DL). 

Also, Thursday need a stronger co-headliner than Lenny to sell out. 

The co-headline on Thursday should be Parkway Drive. They confirmed themselves in December before they delete the post on their social networks. I love them but I can't see them as a co-headliner for a mainstream festival like Werchter... And with the success she has, it's hard to imagine Lana Del Rey plays as sub. Gonna be Pukkelpop or nothing for her in Belgium.

5 minutes ago, Archi said:

The co-headline on Thursday should be Parkway Drive. They confirmed themselves in December before they delete the post on their social networks. I love them but I can't see them as a co-headliner for a mainstream festival like Werchter... And with the success she has, it's hard to imagine Lana Del Rey plays as sub. Gonna be Pukkelpop or nothing for her in Belgium.

Ah ok, it´s probably Pukkelpop for her then. I guess Arcade Fire could show up though in a co-headliner construction. 

I agree about Parkway Drive. Excellent band but not co-headliner material in Werchter.  

17 hours ago, Archi said:

When people really don't know an artist, they have a wrong vision. Even with the numbers (2 SportPaleis soldout on her last tour). She needs a decent sub... to have a better day in terms of quality but not to sell the day on her own. I guess Friday will be the next day to sell and that Thursday might not be soldout or maybe very late.

That Thursday will never, ever sell out. I also except the emptiest Thursday in years if not ever with those names. 

What's the daily / weekend tickets ratio at Rock Werchter? I am curious given our discussion which day will sell out.

I know that for some festivals (e.g. NOS Alive) daily tickets are big deal but I always considered Werchter to be much more about full festival tickets, perhaps I am wrong?

1 hour ago, Ferda said:

What's the daily / weekend tickets ratio at Rock Werchter? I am curious given our discussion which day will sell out.

I know that for some festivals (e.g. NOS Alive) daily tickets are big deal but I always considered Werchter to be much more about full festival tickets, perhaps I am wrong?

There are 21k daily tickets. And around 65k combi tickets.

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2024 at 2:59 PM, VCF said:

No matter what I feel about her or not, this doesn't say too much. Saturday and Sunday would have sold out anyway as it's the only to whole weekend days. Some would have bought tickets no matter what and even though a part of them naturally have bought the tickets because of the names, it's still only between maybe 10-15k. That's not a very large venue. I'm almost 100% sure that neither Dua Lipa or Måneskin would have sold out Thursday, but on a Saturday, the field for Dua Lipa will probably be full, depending on what the alternatives are (but that alternative is usually queueing outside a closed tent anyway).

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, tmolvik said:

No matter what I feel about her or not, this doesn't say too much. Saturday and Sunday would have sold out anyway as it's the only to whole weekend days. Some would have bought tickets no matter what and even though a part of them naturally have bought the tickets because of the names, it's still only between maybe 10-15k. That's not a very large venue. I'm almost 100% sure that neither Dua Lipa or Måneskin would have sold out Thursday, but on a Saturday, the field for Dua Lipa will probably be full, depending on what the alternatives are (but that alternative is usually queueing outside a closed tent anyway).

What’s with the weird underestimeting of Dua Lipa in these boards? 😅 Of course Dua Lipa would’ve sold out Thursday or Saturday, she’s massive. 

I think we never got a ticket alert this early for Saturday. It usually sells out of course, but never this early. Last year the Saturday (with Muse) sold out Feb 17th. Now it’s a month earlier. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

What’s with the weird underestimeting of Dua Lipa in these boards? 😅 Of course Dua Lipa would’ve sold out Thursday or Saturday, she’s massive. 

Dua Lipa is much bigger in the USA than in Europe, I'm not saying she doesn't headline but she won't sustain it. For eg, I hunch that after she's headlined Glastonbury that will be her one and done. She did a UK arena tour last April in the UK, and although I understand she first was due to but had covid distractions, it was easy to to get standing tickets for those gigs even when things started easing up vs some artists who announced arenas later on and outsold her easily. Houdini has not helped at all

Edited by northernangel

25 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Dua Lipa is much bigger in the USA than in Europe, I'm not saying she doesn't headline but she won't sustain it. For eg, I hunch that after she's headlined Glastonbury that will be her one and done. She did a UK arena tour last April in the UK, and although I understand she first was due to but had covid distractions, it was easy to to get standing tickets for those gigs even when things started easing up vs some artists who announced arenas later on and outsold her easily. Houdini has not helped at all

The Houdini that is played on the radio every single day? And Dance The Night was everywhere too, one of the biggest songs of 2023. 

And it's hard to know what the future brings. All we know is that she's around since 2016 (so 8 years) and she's only gotten more popular since then. And we also know she's selling out her Saturday faster than anyone else who played that day, including Muse (2023), Imagine Dragons + 21 Pilots (2022), Mumfords + Florence (2019), Pearl Jam + Jack White (2018) and Linkin Park + SOAD + Blink 182 (2017)... 

2 hours ago, matrainertje said:

I think we never got a ticket alert this early for Saturday. It usually sells out of course, but never this early. Last year the Saturday (with Muse) sold out Feb 17th. Now it’s a month earlier. 

She is popular indeed. However, I think Foo Fighters might have established a new record by selling out their day already 1st of December last year. Dua Lipas day is still on sale but I imagine it will sell out this week. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

She is popular indeed. However, I think Foo Fighters might have established a new record by selling out their day already 1st of December last year. Dua Lipas day is still on sale but I imagine it will sell out this week. 

Yeah, that one will never be beaten of course. But if that Saturday sells out this week, it will be the fastest RW that day sold out ever too. 

• Upvote 1

Actually, Dua Lipa is one of the biggest pop stars. And she's so young. If she headlined the Thursday, this day would sold out too for sure, but maybe slower because it's a week-day. Her song Houdini is really good - listening to it everyday - and you can hear it almost everyday on the radio or on Spotify advertisings. She gonna need a strong third album to continue to grow obviously... but like every acts. The hype around Dua is different than for Billie Eilish per example but it's still massive. The fact her day is almost soldout with the price we have nowadays and without a strong sub means something.

• Upvote 1