1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

According to this, Turnstile and Limpbizkit (both rumoured for RW) will be at Graspop next summer:

(the poster was leaked via Kamelot's socials)

image.thumb.png.198b579050f205e186a03951314f8e4d.png

I noticed that Night Verses (already announced - opening act for Tool's European Tour) and Fear Factory (self confirmed) are missing. So, if this is true, it was probably not the final one and something has been changed since this poster has been made.

1 hour ago, Floyd_Ams said:

According to this, Turnstile and Limpbizkit (both rumoured for RW) will be at Graspop next summer:

(the poster was leaked via Kamelot's socials)

image.thumb.png.198b579050f205e186a03951314f8e4d.png

This is a solid rock/metal line up to be fair to them. Wonder if this means we're getting Evanescence next year? Noticed that they're about and was expecting them to be a logo band here.

6 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I noticed that Night Verses (already announced - opening act for Tool's European Tour) and Fear Factory (self confirmed) are missing. So, if this is true, it was probably not the final one and something has been changed since this poster has been made.

Night Verses are on the poster actually (second to last name on Thursday) but you are absolutely right about Fear Factory, I noticed that too. 

This is probably a test poster sent to the band (at some point) for approving the logo, positioning, etc. Several things can turn out different of course but if it's legit (it's taken down now from their socials, which for me is a good sign), I expect most of the new names to be valid.

Btw, I wonder if the presence of Limpbizkit at Graspop and the absence of The Offspring indicates that the latter will play at RW.

13 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Night Verses are on the poster actually (second to last name on Thursday)

sorry, opened from my cellphone and it was hard to read the last line... Now I'm reading it at my computer and I'm able to read their name

22 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

the absence of The Offspring indicates that the latter will play at RW.

The Offspring have also been announced for Rock En Seine in August, so they're also a possible Pukkelpop name (maybe together with QOTSA in a rock day).

On 12/7/2023 at 10:38 AM, matrainertje said:

Not a fan of Smith either, but I do have to say it's still a bit weak on big pop names though. Apart from Dua Lipa, there's not much else. I would expect one or two big main stage names within that genre. Would die for Lorde subbing Dua Lipa or Maneskin. 

In terms of big names, I think we will have one rock name and one pop name more. 

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

The Smile added a date (Way out west) but it´s in August. 

Nice! It's almost as if most of the nice smaller festivals went for the same package deal of The Smile/QOTSA/Pulp/PJ Harvey with Massive Attack and LCD Soundsystem being included in many of them. 

If only RW had booked the same package. I mean...one can still hope!

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Nice! It's almost as if most of the nice smaller festivals went for the same package deal of The Smile/QOTSA/Pulp/PJ Harvey with Massive Attack and LCD Soundsystem being included in many of them. 

If only RW had booked the same package. I mean...one can still hope!

Yes exactly! The August festivals have the best line ups I've seen in years. 

I might have to visit 2 festivals this year😉

1 hour ago, mikebat said:

Any chance to have Smashing Pumpkins ? Massive Attack ? Doja Cat is on tour too...

Manchester Orchestra should be amazing,

Both Smashing Pumpkins and Massive Attack are around and have free dates during Werchter so there´s a chance. However, I don´t think they have played the festival much in the past. 

• Upvote 1

Tin foil hat time: I think Pearl Jam get announced today, because the intel has them as 'playing two festivals'. Many people have believed this is Mad Cool and Nos Alive, but Nos doesn't always have the bigger bands from Mad Cool and vice versa. Nos just announced The Breeders this morning, and I think it's unlikely they'd announce them the same day a couple of hours earlier than a major headliner. Plus, I can't see Pearl Jam playing Europe and skipping Werchter.

We'll see soon enough I suppose...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Tin foil hat time: I think Pearl Jam get announced today, because the intel has them as 'playing two festivals'. Many people have believed this is Mad Cool and Nos Alive, but Nos doesn't always have the bigger bands from Mad Cool and vice versa. Nos just announced The Breeders this morning, and I think it's unlikely they'd announce them the same day a couple of hours earlier than a major headliner. Plus, I can't see Pearl Jam playing Europe and skipping Werchter.

I hope you're right...I highly doubt it, but I sure hope so 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

It doesn‘t fit their schedule. Pearl Jam are ruled out. Berlin 2/3 July, Barcelona 6/8 July.

10 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

IMG_9992.jpeg

Mad Cool has released the first batch of their line-up. Some undercards I´d like to see at Werchter: Garbage, Mando Diao, Black Honey and Tom Morello. 

Pearl Jam are now officially announced at Mad Cool and Nos Alive so unfortunately we can rule them out 100% now. 

So Mad Cool came up with Pearl Jam while RW got Lenny Kravitz...Hmmm...The world is upside down!

Just now, Floyd_Ams said:

So Mad Cool came up with Pearl Jam while RW got Lenny Kravitz...Hmmm...The world is upside down!

Genuinely can't believe it. I think Mad Cool probably has a stronger top line for me but the undercard at Werchter is superior for me. Be interested to see if any of those names hiding away from the top line of Mad Cool are unannounced tours which will make their way to Werchter.

7 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Yes exactly! And having Lenny on a Thursday (which is the hardest day to sell out) is mysterious to me. I guess that can change if they have a strong co-headliner that day.