2024 Stage Predictions

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, maybe Olivia Rodrigo is a push, but stranger things have happened. However, I was told Dave is subbing. Of course, I can't substantiate that. And yes, you're right about BMTH 

Everything about Dave subbing just seems off to me. He'd be admitting that he's not going to headline anytime in the near future, which at this point in his career would be a crazy move.

Thrown this together, afaik every act here is about and free on the day I've put them on.

Fri
Py: Stevie Wonder, Vampire Weekend, PJ Harvey, Jorja Smith, Unknown T
WH: Kano, Sampha, Noname
Wo: MGMT, PinkPantheress, The Kooks
Pa: The Smile, Beth Gibbons, Brittany Howard

Sat
Py: Dua Lipa, Pulp, Lenny Kravitz, Mitski, Declan McKenna
WH: LCD Soundsystem, Soulwax, Gilberto Gil + Family
Wo: King Gizzard + the Lizard Wizard, Arlo Parks, Bakar
Pa: Orbital, Jpegmafia, Corinne Bailey Rae

Sun
Py: Coldplay, Doja Cat, Avril Lavigne, Shania Twain, Michael Kiwanuka
WH: Chaka Khan, Gabrielle, Black Uhuru
Wo: FKA Twigs, Parcels, Romy
Pa: Patti Smith, Lucinda Williams, Yard Act

22 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Thrown this together, afaik every act here is about and free on the day I've put them on.

Fri

Sat

Sun

Good dig and that top 3 Saturday is great. I'd change your Nicki Minaj for Doja Cat and slot Olivia into that sub slot.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Good dig and that top 3 Saturday is great. I'd change your Nicki Minaj for Doja Cat and slot Olivia into that sub slot.

Like I said before, she won't sub.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I fully believe O-Rod is going to sub.

The only way I can’t see that happening is if she’s been lined up to headline next year. But given how much she enjoyed it first time round, taking a sub slot somewhere she knows before maybe topping Reading next year seems very plausible.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I fully believe O-Rod is going to sub.

Nah. She’s got no other festivals lined up and I can’t see why she’d choose to do only Glastonbury again, and she’s very obviously in line to headline in then next couple of years so she’ll just wait for that along with headlining a bunch of other festivals. Doesn’t make much sense for her to sub at all, especially when she could headline the thing this year if they were really pushed for options.

18 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

The only way I can’t see that happening is if she’s been lined up to headline next year. But given how much she enjoyed it first time round, taking a sub slot somewhere she knows before maybe topping Reading next year seems very plausible.

8 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Nah. She’s got no other festivals lined up and I can’t see why she’d choose to do only Glastonbury again, and she’s very obviously in line to headline in then next couple of years so she’ll just wait for that along with headlining a bunch of other festivals. Doesn’t make much sense for her to sub at all, especially when she could headline the thing this year if they were really pushed for options.

^^

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

^^

Although to counter this, I can kind of see Dave doing it. Agree it’s a bit of a strange move considering a lot of us are expecting him to headline in the next few years, but if the timing doesn’t work out - he’s got a new album this year so be too late for him to headline next year, and he’s got to battle out the likes of Olivia and Sam Fender for the ‘bump up’ headliner slot - maybe he’s happy to just take the sub slot whilst it’s being offered to him. Similar to Florence seeming nailed on to headline for ‘15 and then only being lined up to sub come poster day. 

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fri

Sat

Sun

Another act is WH Sat night headliner, not LCD

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Although to counter this, I can kind of see Dave doing it. Agree it’s a bit of a strange move considering a lot of us are expecting him to headline in the next few years, but if the timing doesn’t work out - he’s got a new album this year so be too late for him to headline next year, and he’s got to battle out the likes of Olivia and Sam Fender for the ‘bump up’ headliner slot - maybe he’s happy to just take the sub slot whilst it’s being offered to him. Similar to Florence seeming nailed on to headline for ‘15 and then only being lined up to sub come poster day. 

Nah just think there's way too many ifs and buts there for it to happen.

No sign of an album anytime soon, wouldn't be surprised if he drops something toward the latter half of this year or even early 2025.

He was there the night Stormzy headlined and has pretty much carried the torch for the genre since then. For him to take a sub slot would be so counter intuitive. I think even if they offered it to him he'd say thanks but no thanks and look to headline elsewhere/do his own thing.

29 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

She said in an interview somewhere that her favourite moment on tour was playing Glastonbury, I don’t see why she couldn’t sub someone like Coldplay this year.

2 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

She said in an interview somewhere that her favourite moment on tour was playing Glastonbury, I don’t see why she couldn’t sub someone like Coldplay this year.

Because then she'll be getting pretty over saturated at the festival and it vastly diminishes her chances of getting called up to headline in the next 2-3 years.

2 minutes ago, Glastozone said:

Because she could literally headline the thing if she wanted - very similar trajectory to Billie - and she isn’t doing any other festivals. I can’t see why she’d keep herself as a Glastonbury exclusive festival act and I’m sure either next year or on her next album cycle she’ll do a full festival run which will include a headline set at Glastonbury. 

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Fri

Sat

Sun

Not bad...

Interesting to see you switched the conventional logic and had Stevie Friday, Coldplay Sunday...

That based on anything solid?