Best / Worst Food

FuzzyDunlop

10 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Forgot the name of the place, but it was on the path from WH to Other on the right hand side. They did a very generous portion of Crayfish with chips and sauce. Was beautiful. 

The samosa place near Pyramid was great value and tasty, 4 samosas for 6 quid. 

I have the samosas every time I go! Usually on the first walk in from our campsite. 

1 hour ago, gorfield said:

Stumbled across a "Chicken Yassa" late one night.. couldn't tell you where it was but it was bloody lovely!!! I didn't even know what a chicken yassa is but now I do and will be finding another. Its Senegalese.

Damnit! My friend took a picture of this stall and when he was walking past and we forgot to go back. Had Yassa for the first time a few months ago and its deeelicious! 

Indonesian Cocunut Curry opposite BBC Introducing was the best thing again this year.

Special mention to the brownies place at William's Green doing a brownie and a milkshake deal for £6 - I had a smaller, worse brownie from a place between Other/Silver Hayes for £6.95 and I had a smaller, worse milkshake near Left Field for £6.

Dosa was interesting, I've never thought to have a spicy mashed potato toastie before. £1.50 for a bhaji the size of my head was great though.

I didn't have anything bad so the worst would be a place called Loaded Burger. I feel like a dick for writing that but I was walking around near the bandstand around 1am and the guy on the stand said "Excuse me, do you want a burger?" and handed it to me, so I ate it and it was thoroughly average.

Well, the food is a big part of why love Glasto so much, certainly when you compare it to other more commercial festivals where your choices are pretty much generic hotdog or generic burger... And once again, the food at Glasto did not disappoint at all! 

Best - Another vote for Bayou at West Holts.. My word that was tasty! The very friendly woman who was serving asked if we had eaten there before and when we said we had not she responded with 'Well I will see you tomorrow then!' and she was spot on! It was absolutely delicious. Decent portion and just delicious really. 

Worst - The Halloumi fries and steak burger I had at the stall at worthy view were probably the 'worst' thing I had. Feel bad for saying that really as there was absolutely nothing wrong with them! But if I had to pick it would be that as was not cheap and did not particularly impress me like everything else I ate did. 

No Bones Jones - again, just great food at a reasonable price. Sets you up for the day. The fritters are amazing. Lovely folk there too.

Vegan Gelato at The Park - the best ice cream I have ever had. Possibly due to the heat and not drinking that day. But, oh my god! 

Glad to see VFC there too, despite the rumours. Lovely, dirty burger.

Veggies, in the Green Fields. Very underwhelming and dry burger. Want to support the exclusively Vegan places, but it wasn’t great. Wedges were good though.

Had a very tasteless pasty by Cargenge on Sunday, mainly due to the fact it had the smallest queue. Should have read the signs, really.

Best for me:

New To Me:  Dosa place opposite Car Henge, gorgeous paneer Dosa with dips and a massive onion Bhaji.

Constantly Good (he's been doing the Festival for since 1982) : Leon Vegetarian Cuisine located at West Holts, especially the Feast (served only on the Saturday lunch) - fresh, crunchy and damn tasty - 15 dishes piled on your plate.

Edited by spcdust

Had a lot of toasties from The Cheese Truck(s). Never that much of a queue and the stilton was banging. You could also get the cheese fondue fries straight away to eat while waiting for the toastie.

Probably a bit overpriced but good service, tasty food, and convenient. Especially before leaving to Gate A every night.

Edited by fightoffyour

Best for me was the place doing vegetable Pakora with Kimchee and lime pickle for £4 in the Permaculture area, I think the place was called "Pakora". It was cooked in a pot of oil heated over a log fire which you sat around as you waited to order.  Probablly the best Pakora I have tasted.

Didnt have anything terribly bad, just some of the stalls were very overpriced as has already been mentioned.

The best: the £6 gigantic Bhajis from the dosa place opposite Carhenge were bloody unreal. 

Honourable mention: Mac and cheese from Gourmet Mac and cheese in silver Hayes near levels and the WOW sign. 

The bad: Burger from Holy Cow Silver Hayes side of Other stage. Wasn't expecting much but still disappointingly bland and overpriced. 

Best - Bayou

Worst - Mac n Cheese place in market between other stage and pyramid. It was basically just Mac with no cheese

I'll add a third category.

Place you tried that people rave about but you didn't like - Dosa place in WG.

Best: VFC - the burger was outstanding the curly fries were spot on. Absolute junk food but loved it, right up there with Oowee in Bristol as the best vegan burger about.

Also an honourable mention to Ice Green, best vegan ice cream I've ever had. Biscoff and Mint Chocolate Brownie with fudge on top, yes please.

Also a mention for No Frickin Chicken, to be honest the chicken pieces were spot on in texture but over-seasoned, usually it's the other way around. But their Mac and Cheese at just £4 I think (or maybe £6) was great value for money.

Worst: Can't remember for the life of me what it was called but it was to the side of the Pyramid before the left turn to San Remo. Some Indian/Sri Lankan place - was supposedly a chickpea 'roti wrap' - except they'd just used a standard Mexican wrap, shoved some chickpea curry in and not wrapped it at all. Decent bhaji/pokora there though.

Edited by EamerRed

21 minutes ago, JA_Watts said:

The year of the Sam’s Toastie. Think I had four across the festival as there were so bloody good. The leek made all the difference.  

So during Covid when they did the Worthy Pastures camping thing, I refused to eat from a toastie stand because of the Leek till the last day when my OH said "You like Leek, it's Celery you don't like". It was a banging Toastie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tom22 said:

Another vote for Bayou, their surf and turf was excellent, fast moving queue, really nicely cooked chicken, top chips. Couldn't fault it.

Also had Calimari & Chips a couple of times from by the Taphouse bar which was really good.

Only duff food was a Lobster Roll from the Lobster place on the Pyramid > Other walk, overpriced and naff.

Also ended up having ridiculous meals for breakfast because there was never a queue and they were all delicious. This included a pizza, a chicken katsu curry, calamari and a goan fish curry. zero regrets.

I had a pie, mash and peas from Sam's Pie for breakfast one day for the same reason and it was an epic decision! Down with bacon rolls. 

Didn't eat a bad meal all festival. Highlights were the burgers from Eat the Farm - top chips too - and our now festival staple, the Mega Crepe from by BBC introducing. Cookie dough wrapped in a crepe. Too much, over the top, perfection. 

37 minutes ago, spcdust said:

Best for me:

New To Me:  Dosa place opposite Car Henge, gorgeous paneer Dosa with dips and a massive onion Bhaji.

Constantly Good (he's been doing the Festival for since 1982) : Leon Vegetarian Cuisine located at West Holts, especially the Feast (served only on the Saturday lunch) - fresh, crunchy and damn tasty - 15 dishes piled on your plate.

The Dosa place, was that the one with the big signs about cash, and how much they preferred it? If so yeah, that was lovely.

2 hours ago, gorfield said:

Stumbled across a "Chicken Yassa" late one night.. couldn't tell you where it was but it was bloody lovely!!! I didn't even know what a chicken yassa is but now I do and will be finding another. Its Senegalese.

This place was on the way to the meeting point point from the cider bus on the left hand side and yes it was brilliant.

Controversial opinion time, I thought no bones jones was overrated. Not terrible but distinctly average.

Shout outs for Goan fish curry, the duck truck, tibetan kitchen & mexican fried chicken 

2 hours ago, Pipine said:

Also really loved the halloumi souvlaki wrap thing from a stall with a chalk board drawing of Lionel Richie outside as you come into the other stage field.   It had so many amazing flavours.

This was my absolute favourite

No Bones Jones / Fritter Shack still the undefeated 🐐 I love them so much, staff are always a great bunch as well

New to me this year was the milkshake stand opposite BBC, we got big Biscoff vegan shakes on the Sunday after CMAT. The big queue ate up about 20 mins of Nova Twins set, but you know what still worth it. So needed in the heat. Hope they're back.

Nice to see Paellaria expanded to have like three sites now, and especially appreciate one is fully vegan. Had two paellas from them this weekend and could've happily had more. Hopefully sample them again at Green Man.

Had a lovely big plate from that Peacock curry place near Rabbit Hole. Had it for the first time last year and it's become a staple. My go-to curry now that Ghandi's Flip Flop's candle has burned out long before its legend ever did. The almond milk mango lassi, mercy me, what a sensation 🖤 and as we sat down by the Park stage to eat it, who should turn up and start smashing the covers on the mic but Mickey Eavis! A highlight!

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Veggies, in the Green Fields. Very underwhelming and dry burger. Want to support the exclusively Vegan places, but it wasn’t great. Wedges were good though.

Disagree, love the burgers from here. Every year I make sure to get one. Proper old school wholesome handmade vegan comfort food that you don't see so much any more now that big pricks like KFC are muscling the OG Birkenstock Animal Liberation Front gang out of the frame. And they've got sauces out front for you to moisten up that burger. If you didn't slather that righteous muscle sauce all over it then that's a you problem frankly.

Vegan Pyramid was disappointing, not awful but p plain and way too expensive. Was a bit school dinners and cost us £12 each.

That breakfast burrito place up by the Woodsies with all the scoucers working it, why I oughtta... Big sign saying they do a vegan breakfast burrito. We queue for ages because seems like one of the few games in town pre-noon and we wanna go CMAT so we can't go further afield. Get to the front and the staff don't even seem to know what vegan means, asking us which of their ingredients is suitable, my sibling in Christ this is YOUR sign saying you do a big vegan breakfast burrito. In the end all we get is a sh*t tortilla with a small dollop of bean chili and salsa. No salad, no jalapenos or owt. f**ken disgrace. We did remonstrate a little bit about how they'd stuck us for £8 and given us sh*t but they got arsey and we had CMAT to watch so we left it and took our disappointment burritos. But still, f**k those guys.

9 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

No Bones Jones / Fritter Shack still the undefeated 🐐 I love them so much, staff are always a great bunch as well

New to me this year was the milkshake stand opposite BBC, we got big Biscoff vegan shakes on the Sunday after CMAT. The big queue ate up about 20 mins of Nova Twins set, but you know what still worth it. So needed in the heat. Hope they're back.

Nice to see Paellaria expanded to have like three sites now, and especially appreciate one is fully vegan. Had two paellas from them this weekend and could've happily had more. Hopefully sample them again at Green Man.

Had a lovely big plate from that Peacock curry place near Rabbit Hole. Had it for the first time last year and it's become a staple. My go-to curry now that Ghandi's Flip Flop's candle has burned out long before its legend ever did. The almond milk mango lassi, mercy me, what a sensation 🖤 and as we sat down by the Park stage to eat it, who should turn up and start smashing the covers on the mic but Mickey Eavis! A highlight!

Disagree, love the burgers from here. Every year I make sure to get one. Proper old school wholesome handmade vegan comfort food that you don't see so much any more now that big pricks like KFC are muscling the OG Birkenstock Animal Liberation Front gang out of the frame. And they've got sauces out front for you to moisten up that burger. If you didn't slather that righteous muscle sauce all over it then that's a you problem frankly.

Vegan Pyramid was disappointing, not awful but p plain and way too expensive. Was a bit school dinners and cost us £12 each.

That breakfast burrito place up by the Woodsies with all the scoucers working it, why I oughtta... Big sign saying they do a vegan breakfast burrito. We queue for ages because seems like one of the few games in town pre-noon and we wanna go CMAT so we can't go further afield. Get to the front and the staff don't even seem to know what vegan means, asking us which of their ingredients is suitable, my sibling in Christ this is YOUR sign saying you do a big vegan breakfast burrito. In the end all we get is a sh*t tortilla with a small dollop of bean chili and salsa. No salad, no jalapenos or owt. f**ken disgrace. We did remonstrate a little bit about how they'd stuck us for £8 and given us sh*t but they got arsey and we had CMAT to watch so we left it and took our disappointment burritos. But still, f**k those guys.

I had the meat breakfast burrito from there and it was pretty horrific, the worst thing i had probably. My only real regret foodwise.