Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Nope. Gok Wan is a 'fashion guru'. Him getting behind decks sounds as much fun as all the kpop women that are suddenly djs believing they are interesting see behind their length and tightness of their skirts.

You’re missing the point.

6 hours ago, northernangel said:

Nope. Gok Wan is a 'fashion guru'. Him getting behind decks sounds as much fun as all the kpop women that are suddenly djs believing they are interesting see behind their length and tightness of their skirts.

Blatant misogyny clearly aimed at Peggy Gou

I don't like much of her recent work but she is a serious artist with proper tracks, has played the berghain etc. you'd notice that if you weren't focused on looking at her skirt

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I don't like much of her recent work but she is a serious artist with proper tracks, has played the berghain etc. you'd notice that if you weren't focused on looking at her skirt

What?! What does Peggy Gou have to do with it?, I can assure you that she didn't even enter my head in thought.

You're missing the point, Peggy Gou actually djs, what I'm talking about is pretending to mix without even touching the buttons....so you might actually notice if you weren't just presumptuous and twisting what I said lol.

15 hours ago, northernangel said:

I’ve never seen a TV show of Gok Wan’s and have no interest in anything else he has ever done. I  am not saying that his mixing is special or that many other acts on the line-up could not do what he does… I just have quite similar taste in certain types of music to him and there’s not that much of it played at Glastonbury. I feel exactly the same about Craig Charles. The personality or outside interests (unless particularly unethical) of DJs doesn’t really interest me to be honest.

I think the point about Fat Boy Slim here is that his self-confirm is not interesting because he will always play Glastonbury as long as fit to do so.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Ah, come on now. He said "women" rather than "females", that seems to be good progress for this person 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, northernangel said:

His ser on the Glade last Glasto  Thursday was great! 

He is also not suddenly DJ king he's has been doing it as a side hustle for years alongside his other careers. 

Good tunes fun crowd shame your being so dismissive.

8 hours ago, northernangel said:

What?! What does Peggy Gou have to do with it?, I can assure you that she didn't even enter my head in thought.

You're missing the point, Peggy Gou actually djs, what I'm talking about is pretending to mix without even touching the buttons....so you might actually notice if you weren't just presumptuous and twisting what I said lol.

So who were you referring to then?

14 hours ago, northernangel said:

I get the point, Fatboy Slim hasn't done anything for 20 years in music, his dj sets are just pressing play for songs not even his. 

same for the other dj's people cream themselves about.

• Downvote 4

2 hours ago, DJL said:

I’ve never seen a TV show of Gok Wan’s and have no interest in anything else he has ever done. I  am not saying that his mixing is special or that many other acts on the line-up could not do what he does… I just have quite similar taste in certain types of music to him and there’s not that much of it played at Glastonbury. I feel exactly the same about Craig Charles. The personality or outside interests (unless particularly unethical) of DJs doesn’t really interest me to be honest.

I think the point about Fat Boy Slim here is that his self-confirm is not interesting because he will always play Glastonbury as long as fit to do so.

Yeah I know he's just an instant hit but he does have an established name in the industry.

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

So who were you referring to then?

Yup. Cheers for the apology for going in on me lot, bloody misogyny you fool!

All the Korean kpop djs over tiktok mostly that just danc behind the decks and visually barely touch anything on....pretend to flick switches and turn them. Not bloody Peggy Gou!

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

Read above comment, most have more about them than that. It's like watching kpop bands gave their 6 month phase and then they are suddenly djs from nothing.

33 minutes ago, Neil said:

i've seen a bit less of it this year so-far but normally for an act or two on arcadia. i'm just pointing out that they play other people's records same as you said for Norm.

33 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Fair dos. Not really my thing but always thought he'd carved out quite a nice space for himself as a dj so good luck to him.

why can't young people get great jobs...? GW has got them all.

1 hour ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Fair dos. Not really my thing but always thought he'd carved out quite a nice space for himself as a dj so good luck to him.

Yeah I've met him at the festival he seems like a nice bloke aswell.

That use to be me. I used to go to Glastonbury for indie bands and used to get dragged to the dance areas. Weirdly I've completely flip flopped I find indie music a bit dull these days and I'm all over the dance line up. I have no idea how this happened. 

18 hours ago, northernangel said:

I get the point, Fatboy Slim hasn't done anything for 20 years in music, his dj sets are just pressing play for songs not even his. 

Not really that, although obviously true. It’s that FBS self confirming is quite clearly the most obvious and least interesting about the festival every single year. I’d only be remotely interested if he said he wasn’t playing.

Just now, GrumpyRaver said:

Not really that, although obviously true. It’s that FBS self confirming is quite clearly the most obvious and least interesting about the festival every single year. I’d only be remotely interested if he said he wasn’t playing.

You could say the same about Beans on Toast now and Showhawk Duo for example are there every year for a while now. They aren't uninteresting bookings. Considering what Fatboy can still charge for his own gigs, Glastonbury to grab him year in year out is still pretty decent I think. He is still someone that either plays high on the main stage at Creamfields or like the last two years hosts his own stage so it's not like he's getting rubbish slots all the time. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

You could say the same about Beans on Toast now and Showhawk Duo for example are there every year for a while now. They aren't uninteresting bookings. Considering what Fatboy can still charge for his own gigs, Glastonbury to grab him year in year out is still pretty decent I think. He is still someone that either plays high on the main stage at Creamfields or like the last two years hosts his own stage so it's not like he's getting rubbish slots all the time. 

Yep - could very much as the same for both, and almost included both in my initial message. They certainly it are the very definition of uninteresting bookings (both with less merit than FBS).

and I haven’t made any judgement on FBS (even though I do have very clear feeling about him nowadays and will go nowhere near any of his sets. I was literally only saying it was the most uninspiring self confirm possible. That’s all.

49 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

absolute f**king shout at clouds nonsense

DJs mostly play other people's music. Tell me what I've missed with that?