Lana Del Rey Curfew

Tom_12

2 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I've never done that, but then I'm not the one on here having a "leave Britney alone" moment about a singer who couldn't be bothered to come on stage because her hair was more important than her performance

I'm just enjoying your meltdown

I'm not enjoying the casual misogyny. 

• Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Ha ha. Yes of course Mendip council are gonna cancel Glastonbury over Lana running 30 mins late. Is everyone in music now an obedient drone? 

They wouldn't cancel it. But the festival would have to fight it and go to bat for her, they chose not to. Much of that choice I imagine is based on attitude, both during and before the festival. By all accounts Lana wasn't willing to work with them so they just left her our to dry. Not sure what else could have been done.

39 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

I wouldn't blame her for telling Glastonbury to do one. As I said in my earlier post Glastonbury screwed up and she should have been on the Pyramid. It all went down hill from there. 

And no the history of rock music is littered with bands turning up late and playing late. Headliners should be given some leeway at the festival as they aren't pushing back anyone else's performance. 

They are. Her performance was scheduled to end at 2245 and they let her play until 2300.

4 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

They wouldn't cancel it. But the festival would have to fight it and go to bat for her, they chose not to. Much of that choice I imagine is based on attitude, both during and before the festival. By all accounts Lana wasn't willing to work with them so they just left her our to dry. Not sure what else could have been done.

They are. Her performance was scheduled to end at 2245 and they let her play until 2300.

Yes they've treated her differently than other male acts. 

5 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Yes, I remember famously when NERD were over time and they let them run on....oh wait. They cut the mic, and then cut the screens when the crowd kept singing anyway

Just before them however, Regina Spektor was allowed to run over 

So misogynistic.

12 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

They've treated her differently than Macca and Springsteen. And not anyone else who has ever headlined the festival.

And to be able to actually go to bat for her, if they wanted to, they'd need her cooperation. They'd need to collectively agree a viable story to peddle to the council as to why it ran late. In the case of Macca and Springsteen, it required both of them to take full responsibilty for it and that it was all their fault for not keeping time. Is that true? Probably not. 

But can you truly imagine Lana actually telling Somerset Council it was her fault? Or you reckon she would have blamed someone else?

• Upvote 2