I feel sick

Lakey91

On Wednesday and yesterday I was gutted not to be there, but the weird thing is, today, I'm not really missing it at all, Wednesday and Thursday were always my favourite days at the festival because that's when you see all the stuff away from the main stages that you don't get on TV, but now the iplayer coverage has started, I don't really feel too bothered about being at home watching it

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, prestonmike said:

On Wednesday and yesterday I was gutted not to be there, but the weird thing is, today, I'm not really missing it at all, Wednesday and Thursday were always my favourite days at the festival because that's when you see all the stuff away from the main stages that you don't get on TV, but now the iplayer coverage has started, I don't really feel too bothered about being at home watching it

I can relate to this

2 hours ago, prestonmike said:

Same 🙂

I actually really enjoyed watching the coverage on iPlayer yesterday, flicking between the stages, and not getting all hot and bothered. Also walking to the fridge to select a beverage and not paying £6.80 for a cup was nice.

Also the banter on the TV coverage chat was great.  

Doesn't make up for not being there, and I have missed the Foos twice now. But as I have said before it was my choice not to go this year. And so I am ok with it.

• Upvote 1

The Arctics being a bit shite has calmed my FOMO somewhat. I've also started being proactive about preparing to go next year. I've made an Amazon Wish List for everything I need and I'm going to start working on a fitness plan too. I've not been since 2016 and this week has been the first time in ages I've had that deep stomach churning urge to go back.

I'll sell my soul for a ticket. I'll do whatever it takes. I'm going.

Had a few pangs of ‘my god why aren’t I there’ on the first few days, feeling a bit glum about it all and not really wanting to watch any of it, but by Saturday I’d just come to terms with it and started to enjoy watching some of the sets.

I’m usually in too fragile of a state post-Glastonbury to want to watch any of the iPlayer stuff so gonna use my current state of good health to watch a bunch of it over the next couple of weeks. Loads of good stuff to catch up on. 

Was a couple of really tough 'we should be there moments'. Elton being the main one - looked sensational.

But that said, had some friends over Saturday and switched channels/stages all weekend..... not missed one since 2017, and this year it was a really fantastic music Tv experience, which eased the pain, a little. 

39 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Only "I should be there" moments I had were on Thursday daytime while sitting in work reading all the chatter and then on Saturday when I heard Sunshine on Leith on the radio. Something about that song. 

There's something about a lot of The Proclaimers songs. Oh Jean is my favourite.

Interesting / not interesting fact - I was once in a campervan next to one of The Proclaimers. A little kid from their group ran into a load of nettles chasing a football, and came back crying. We had both antihistamine tablets and cream in our van, and gave them to the group who appreciated it - not as much as the child though!