Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I prefer to live in a land of make believe where I can day dream about how I'd deal with minor little clashes only to be crushed by the harsh reality of choosing between my 2 favourite acts when the real timetable is actually announced.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UsernameHere said:

The worst potential clash for me is Freddie Gibbs x Deftones or Freddie Gibbs x Justice. I could definitely see either happening.

This seems to be the main one I see people being scared of. I'm praying the organisers see those comments and will make Freddie Gibbs clash with Pulp or VW but we shall see. I can see Deftones main stage around 9, Freddie Gibbs Cupra around 11 and then Justice main stage around 2am. Probably wishful thinking. 

• Upvote 2

Just incase anyone does read this shite...

Dear Primavera - if you have to make Freddie Gibbs & Madlib clash with anyone on the main stage, please make it Vampire Weekend and not Deftones or Pulp.

Also can Billy Woods please be on after Justice have finished. Thank you muchly!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Last_Exit said:

Just incase anyone does read this shite...

Dear Primavera - if you have to make Freddie Gibbs & Madlib clash with anyone on the main stage, please make it Vampire Weekend and not Deftones or Pulp.

Also can Billy Woods please be on after Justice have finished. Thank you muchly!

Oh I would love Billy Woods to be on after Justice. 

Such a ridiculously stacked day

The year of massive attack who cancelled it was sold out so they didn’t bother finding any replacement. 

Not sure if they will try to replace the bands who have dropped out this year. Since it’s not sold out… 

20 minutes ago, ibo said:

The year of massive attack who cancelled it was sold out so they didn’t bother finding any replacement. 

Not sure if they will try to replace the bands who have dropped out this year. Since it’s not sold out… 

Could see Kim Gordon replacing her, not a pop act, but I think the regular Primavera audience would like it. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, chilirocker said:

Could see Kim Gordon replacing her, not a pop act, but I think the regular Primavera audience would like it. 

I'd say shes unlikely, her tour starts in Belgium one day later, so she probably flies in from the us then. If its was the middle of a tour, you could probably just fit a date in between or restructure the bus route, but rebooking flights at this point with all things involved like toll and stuff seems like too much of a hassle for a single date.

I absolutely hate to restart this discussion, but Slowdive would still be free 😄
Also Altin Gün

Imagine if we get Kylie Minogue or Nelly Furtado (she's playing in London and Dublin on Saturday and Sunday) as a replacement, that would be awesome. 

They need to replace Kim Petras with a gay icon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

Imagine if we get Kylie Minogue or Nelly Furtado (she's playing in London and Dublin on Saturday and Sunday) as a replacement, that would be awesome. 

If they replace her at all, its not a mandatory thing after all, more of a courtesy. Will hardly impact sales at this point anyway.

10 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

There is 0.00% chance of this.

30 minutes ago, MKBAB said:

agree, if there's a replacement, which at this point is quite complex (assuming that Kim Petras has announced her departure very recently and that is not a strategy where the bad news were intentionally announced late), it should be a electro pop act in line with queer culture or the new normal anthem to fill the gap left on Tuesday.

Replacing Kim Petras with someone like Kim Gordon or Slowdive wouldn't please the people who are mourning her loss. Perhaps ShyGirl, who is currently on tour, could be a viable option.

EDITED: don't really see Kylie Minogue or Nelly Furtado as Primavera Sound material tbh 

Edited by diancieprince

25 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'd say shes unlikely, her tour starts in Belgium one day later, so she probably flies in from the us then. If its was the middle of a tour, you could probably just fit a date in between or restructure the bus route, but rebooking flights at this point with all things involved like toll and stuff seems like too much of a hassle for a single date.

I absolutely hate to restart this discussion, but Slowdive would still be free 😄
Also Altin Gün

are they free on Thursday?

7 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

agree, if there's a replacement, which at this point is quite complex (assuming that Kim Petras has announced her departure very recently and that it is not a strategy where the bad news were intentionally announced late), it should be a electro pop act in line with queer culture to fill the gap left on Tuesday.

Replacing Kim Petras with someone like Kim Gordon or Slow Dive wouldn't please the people who are mourning her loss. Perhaps ShyGirl, who is currently on tour, could be a viable option.

Shygirl looks like the best addition in this situation. Matches much more Kim Petras style of music, has free dates that Thursday, is around the area (she has a concert in Paris on Saturday) and personally i like her a lot. 

1 minute ago, MKBAB said:

They replaced Cardi B with Miley Cyrus in 2019, one month before the festival if I reckon!

Cardi B was a bigger top line name.

And Minogue and Furtado don't fit the festival, especially the latter, and are also expensive presumably.