Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

80% (if you take it as truth) still leaves a lot of full price tickets to be sold with plenty available cheaper "second-hand". The limited extra run of Friday tickets still hasn't sold out. At this stage surely only locals or the deep of pocket abroad can come for the weekend. NB I want PS to do well but some extra elbow room would be nice!

I also dislike the new Mordor set-up. I feel it was done to make things easier for the backstage crew etc and not to improve the fan experience. I think it has had a detrimental effect on crowd behaviour as in the past people waiting on the next show and with no interest in the artist currently playing would be at the far end of the arena instead of taking up space at the live show and, in some cases, annoying those watching.

You just have to be on the side without the other stage next to it to fix this. So to your left or right depending on which stage it is there should just be nothing, not another stage. If you're seeing back to back acts then maybe the middle section is best.

This also solves the 'i dont want to see another stage set up whilst a band is on' situation.

On 3/21/2024 at 11:01 AM, Martin_89 said:

They have also explained that they changed the Mordor setup because of safety for the audience and it's easier to have bigger production, like the the extra stage stuff that Dua Lipa got.

Safety for the audience doesn't make sense to me, since people are more apt to be squashed in the current setup.

I think the change was mainly to alleviate noise complaints from all the NIMBY's.

4 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Guess not too much people care about it but rainy miller & space afrika have already cancel their appearance in the festival… probably a few more bad surprises in a near future (and their replacements) will be announced officially 

IMG_6381.jpeg

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Stronger headliners than PS, albeit  weaker undercard at Bilbao BBK this years for my money. They got Slowdive (cue gnashing of teeth).

spacer.png

I mean, it's definitely not weaker headliners if you look at it objectively. Lana and SZA are much bigger than any of those headliners. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I mean, it's definitely not weaker headliners if you look at it objectively. Lana and SZA are much bigger than any of those headliners. 

With all due respect, I prefer these headliners, BBK this year better than PS for me

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Stronger headliners than PS, albeit  weaker undercard at Bilbao BBK this years for my money. They got Slowdive (cue gnashing of teeth).

spacer.png

Grace Jones is a very, very small headliner for a festival this size. And so is Prodigy anno 2024, actually.

Nothing on this lineup comes close to Lana Del Rey and SZA, actually, in terms of size. The likes of Arcade Fire and Underworld are about the same as The National, Pulp, Justice, Disclosure and Vampire Weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Grace Jones is a very, very small headliner for a festival this size. And so is Prodigy anno 2024, actually.

Nothing on this lineup comes close to Lana Del Rey and SZA, actually, in terms of size. The likes of Arcade Fire and Underworld are about the same as The National, Pulp, Justice, Disclosure and Vampire Weekend. 

I only meant in terms of taste (not size) and including the excellent subs.