Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

5 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

they did outdoor shows last year, one at Green man. and they have many other outdoor ones this year, Glasto, EOTR, supporting Massive Attack in Bristol

I saw them at GM last year on the main stage in the evening and they sounded great. Having said that, they didn't exactly pull the biggest crowd I've seen at the main stage at GM..

That’s it.

if they don’t announce the set times by 11:30am bst today, I’m cancelling my ticket in protest, and going to Wychwood festival to see Texas, Sister sledge and Mr Motivator instead. 
I attended Fyre Festival and Woodstock ‘99 and none of the issues they had compare to this delay in set times. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, quentin_Tent said:

That’s it.

if they don’t announce the set times by 11:30am bst today, I’m cancelling my ticket in protest, and going to Wychwood festival to see Texas, Sister sledge and Mr Motivator instead. 
I attended Fyre Festival and Woodstock ‘99 and none of the issues they had compare to this delay in set times. 

Honestly this, it's really not THAT deep. They'll be out soon and you'll enjoy the fest as much regardless. Are Primavera communications terrible? Yes. Is it also the best festival in the world, also yes. Don't worry.

I am quite confident we will have mitski and pj vs American football and lankum on one other outdoor stage (if we are lucky, the same and not two other at the same time). It makes sense in term of similar crowds being splitted 

4 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Honestly this, it's really not THAT deep. They'll be out soon and you'll enjoy the fest as much regardless. Are Primavera communications terrible? Yes. Is it also the best festival in the world, also yes. Don't worry.

I think the OP was parodying other posts : )

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

According to the official forum Plenitude and Dice might be facing each other this year, which would be a shame as enjoy the feeling of them being enclosed spaces, especially Dice.

I lose track of the names. Are these the stages down by the Boiler Room?

right now primavera sound team members on radio primavera joking about how we should keep an eye on the festival's official social media accounts in case the schedules are announced today or maybe tomorrow  (very very soon) cause they are working on it... it seems like today is the day... 

they emphasized quite a bit on today's date

Edited by diancieprince

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

According to the official forum Plenitude and Dice might be facing each other this year, which would be a shame as enjoy the feeling of them being enclosed spaces, especially Dice.

Yeah this doesn't make sense to me either. I don't think there was any problem with having them as the way they were before? I really like Dice/Adidas/whatever for the same reason

3 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Putting dice on the sea-front, so you can see the stage from the stairs can be brilliant,  not sure if this what they mean

Ah yeah good point

Edited by katyaz

6 minutes ago, katyaz said:

Yeah this doesn't make sense to me either. I don't think there was any problem with having them as the way they were before? I really like Dice/Adidas/whatever for the same reason

Ah yeah good point

Believe it's possibly driven by building works in the area. And I sense those stairs wouldn't be seen as safe for people to sit on/could cause an obstruction too.

25 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

right now primavera sound team members on radio primavera joking about how we should keep an eye on the festival's official social media accounts in case the schedules are announced today or maybe tomorrow  (very very soon) cause they are working on it... it seems like today is the day... 

They be mocking us! 

Bought Ticket, Flights and Hotel nearly a year ago and in mid-may two weeks before the fest starts I'm still in mid-air and don't know which concerts I will be able to attend. Are there really so many last minute changes? Rock Werchter for example releases the timetable months before the festival starts. 

But today will be the day we know... And if not, very soon... 

59 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Or tomorrow...

8 minutes ago, branvan said:

Bought Ticket, Flights and Hotel nearly a year ago and in mid-may two weeks before the fest starts I'm still in mid-air and don't know which concerts I will be able to attend. Are there really so many last minute changes? Rock Werchter for example releases the timetable months before the festival starts. 

But today will be the day we know... And if not, very soon... 

At End of the Road and Green Man you only get the timetables when you arrive! Coachella just 3 days before. Rock Werchter the other end of the spectrum clearly.

I think Primavera Sound is about in the middle, similar to Glastonbury and others.

And yeah, no way are we waiting much longer. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

At End of the Road and Green Man you only get the timetables when you arrive! Coachella just 3 days before. Rock Werchter the other end of the spectrum clearly.

I think Primavera Sound is about in the middle, similar to Glastonbury and others.

And yeah, no way are we waiting much longer. 

I know this from festivals I attended 20 years ago. The old times. Internet didn't exist the way it does today. No online tickets. It was all about the event and not who is in the line up. You didn't know this much about some bands.  Nowadays I wouldn't go to a festival without knowing if i am able to see my favourite bands. Clearly always depends. When you live nearby and don't have to take holidays then it's obviously different... But if you fly from somewhere to miss one of your favourite bands... no! So, unfortunately, End of the Road is at the end of my festival road.