Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I got a reply to my daily DM chaser gif saying they were delaying it as they are enjoying receiving my gifs. Not sure if they are being sarcastic and I'm doing their heads in or they are genuinely enjoying messing with everybody.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, BA_Barrabus said:

I got a reply to my daily DM chaser gif saying they were delaying it as they are enjoying receiving my gifs. Not sure if they are being sarcastic and I'm doing their heads in or they are genuinely enjoying messing with everybody.

Probably a bit of both

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

Am expecting a certain contingent of Mitski fans to be a bit annoying too (sorry).

I saw Mitski last Friday in Hammersmith with my 15 y/o - she loved it, I thought it was as dull as dishwater. The atmosphere was flat but not annoying (it was a sit down gig!) so hopefully they'll be okay.

I took the same daughter to Lana Del Rey at Hyde Park last year and there were a percentage of young girls who you'd guess have been on the helium for hours beforehand, but it seems to just be the way they hero worship these days (even if the bands that make it are quite perplexing!)

10 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

That's the confidence of an org that has the timetable ready and about to drop.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's the confidence of an org that has the timetable ready and about to drop.

The timetables  have been ready for days, in fact in the boiler room lineup, the names are not listed alphabetically and the last name of each day corresponds to a showcase or extended b2b dj set ( usual practice from Primavera Sound to close that stage)

At least we know the order of the acts in the boiler room 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Has been raining a lot in Barcelona recently and grey skies. 

Law of averages points to a sunny, dry edition.

Never seen a drop of rain at Primavera and that trend will continue this year. Guaranteed sunshine every damn time.

2 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Never seen a drop of rain at Primavera and that trend will continue this year. Guaranteed sunshine every damn time.

Still can't believe the first ever edition of Madrid lost its entire first day to rain.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Still can't believe the first ever edition of Madrid lost its entire first day to rain.

Truly a blessed day in the Barcelona vs Madrid rivalry. Those reports from Gabi saying they may move completely to Madrid just completely washed away. Madrid is NOT a city built for festivals. 

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Has been raining a lot in Barcelona recently and grey skies. 

Law of averages points to a sunny, dry edition.

Least that might help a little with the drought I saw Catalonia is currently enduring.

Maybe. Maybe not be a lot, mind.

6 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Truly a blessed day in the Barcelona vs Madrid rivalry. Those reports from Gabi saying they may move completely to Madrid just completely washed away. Madrid is NOT a city built for festivals. 

People seem excited about Kalorama there but it's going to be unbearably hot in Madrid in August. And IFEMA doesn't have any of the charm of the forum site.

Yeah, the rain is definitely helping with the drought but the long term picture is bleak.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

People seem excited about Kalorama there but it's going to be unbearably hot in Madrid in August. And IFEMA doesn't have any of the charm of the forum site.

Yeah, the rain is definitely helping with the drought but the long term picture is bleak.

I made the mistake of going to Madrid in August for a few days 2 or 3 years ago. It was 38/39 degrees and completely dry, no breeze.

Re Barcelona the amount of rainfall is still really low compared to most places. The "high amount" (for Barcelona) has still only been something silly like a week since January I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what it's felt like!

29 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I went to Tomavistas in Madrid in 2019, and it absolutely shitted it down at one point. Hardly any cover at all, almost everyone drenched. I dodged the worst of it by being under a food truck's tiny awning, lucky for me I can 'smell' imminent rain. Not ideal for a festival.

22 minutes ago, hollyzone said:

I went to Tomavistas in Madrid in 2019, and it absolutely shitted it down at one point. Hardly any cover at all, almost everyone drenched. I dodged the worst of it by being under a food truck's tiny awning, lucky for me I can 'smell' imminent rain. Not ideal for a festival.

I've been going to a fest in northern Germany for the longest part of the 2010s. In 2016 it rained so heavily, they had to cancel large parts of the programme, the tent stage saw 30cm of water, they brought in havary pumps from Hamburg used to drain sinking ships. The campsite went absolutely mental. People offered ferry services across the larges puddles on air mattresses, someone listed their tent as a "waterfront" property on an immo-website and someone surfed on a portapotty door across a puddle while security pulled them on a quad

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, xxialac said:

the Kalorama lineup has fully just hooked me so I'm gonna risk it. IFEMA is definitely a bit bleak and August in Madrid is hell but for that price I'm down to be a guinea pig.