Homemade cocktail ideas

Gabi taft

Last year's litre morning mix was (unmeasured) mango cider, spiced rum and ginger beer. Quite sweet but an easy starter for the day and the sugars for energy

• Like 1

Got talking to a bloke at Cider Bus a few years ago. He was carrying a green chalky concoction in a 1L lemonade bottle. All he could remember is that it had absinthe in it. Offered us a swig, but declined, cos it looked like it had methylated spirits in it 🤮😵‍ Girl at Park had mixed a delish strawberrry daiquiri. We swapped a sample  for my homemade Worthy Farm sloe and blackberry gin (also totally delish may I say). 

Edited by phillyfaddle

On 6/15/2023 at 4:49 PM, squirrelarmy said:

4 litres of Long Island Ice Tea mix. 

750ml bottles of:

Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Gin

500ml bottle of Triple sec

2x 250ml bottles of lime. 

Mix with cans of coke on site and make sure you share with friends. 

There is no drink more welcoming than a strong Long Island Iced Tea. After 5 of these, each made with full measures in each glass, I can safely inform you that one is ready to go out on the town, thoroughly rejuvenated and with a certain joie de vivre that has never been present before.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:11 AM, Mich1268 said:

Homemade espresso martini. Took in a bag each day. Bloody brilliant 

Your recipe please!! 

I will be making fresh mojitos the first few days there (working so more time to twat about before Weds) but after that am working out if I am going for tiny cans  or some premade ones. Probably a mix!! 

Key to all this is my complex ice management system 😎🤓

14 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

Your recipe please!! 

I will be making fresh mojitos the first few days there (working so more time to twat about before Weds) but after that am working out if I am going for tiny cans  or some premade ones. Probably a mix!! 

Key to all this is my complex ice management system 😎🤓

I am crap at knowing how to share the website on this. Google large espresso martini for a crowdScreenshot_20240526_150805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.593f6a45b9783fc3a3d583fb32709d2c.jpg delicious magazine. It should come up

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I am crap at knowing how to share the website on this. Google large espresso martini for a crowdScreenshot_20240526_150805_Chrome.thumb.jpg.593f6a45b9783fc3a3d583fb32709d2c.jpg delicious magazine. It should come up

Stunning thank you!! I will be trying this out in advance of course 😎

• Upvote 1

It's not exactly (remotely) a cocktail, and I don't intend to sound like a time traveler from 1920, but I've always found tawny/ruby port an excellent camping beverage. Doesn't need to be chilled, great out of any kind of cup/mug/whatever, warming, packs a punch (normally 20% abv), inexpensive and really quite tasty. I think I'll be bringing several bottles of that, a box of red wine and a bottle of vodka/rum for special occasions.

38 minutes ago, Looother said:

It's not exactly (remotely) a cocktail, and I don't intend to sound like a time traveler from 1920, but I've always found tawny/ruby port an excellent camping beverage. Doesn't need to be chilled, great out of any kind of cup/mug/whatever, warming, packs a punch (normally 20% abv), inexpensive and really quite tasty. I think I'll be bringing several bottles of that, a box of red wine and a bottle of vodka/rum for special occasions.

great shout

Just started my apple and cinnamon bourbon infusion. Added a little honey in there this time to make it taste like apple pie. Fingers crossed it's as good, or better than last time I did this for Glastonbury 2019!

PXL_20240524_165712818.jpg

Edited by PaintedInSand

26 minutes ago, dicko_belfast said:

What bags do you use to bring in your cocktails and what size? Just a plastic zip lock bag type thing? Haven't done it before but it sounds good 👍

12 Pack Drink Pouches for Festivals Reusable Drinks Flasks Leak Proof Alcohol Liquor Juice Plastic Pouches Bags for Picnic Camping Party Beverage Drinks, with Spouts and Funnel, 300ml, 420ml, 500ml : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen

I'd use something like the large size of these pouches as they don't leak. Ideal for decanting spirits into as well, if you're ever going somewhere you can't take alcohol these are really easy to smuggle in... Have served me well at Leeds festival through the years getting spirits into the arena 🤣