Bearded Theory 2024

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Could do with the campervans all being sent the opposite way on the Monday so the rest of us can get out of the car park.

Our first time at BT this year, is there usually trauma leaving the site?

3 minutes ago, czuk said:

Our first time at BT this year, is there usually trauma leaving the site?

I've not experienced it before last year but it took us hours to get out on Monday morning. Normally it's fine so something clearly went wrong. The rumour amongst those getting annoyed in their cars was that there was no-one at the gate to stop the campervans every now and then to let other traffic out.

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I've not experienced it before last year but it took us hours to get out on Monday morning. Normally it's fine so something clearly went wrong. The rumour amongst those getting annoyed in their cars was that there was no-one at the gate to stop the campervans every now and then to let other traffic out.

A campervan broke down blocking the route.

Yes there will always be delays as your pushing all the traffic that arrives over 3 days out the same road network over 6 hours or so.

Can't push all the live in vehicles out through Walton, they have an enormous issue with the traffic as it is, especially now we need to take some through there for ingress.

31 minutes ago, czuk said:

Travel info has been updated with respect to live in vehicles and the Chetwynd Bridge https://beardedtheory.co.uk/about/directions/

Also worth noting that only cars and motorcycles will be allowed over the Chetwynd Bridge for the duration, no exceptions.

3 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

A campervan broke down blocking the route.

Ah, I remember now. It did feel like loads of campervans were going past compared to cars getting out, hopefully it'll be smoother this year. As I say, I've never had any problems before 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Ah, I remember now. It did feel like loads of campervans were going past compared to cars getting out, hopefully it'll be smoother this year. As I say, I've never had any problems before 

I doubt it will be smoother with all the localised roadworks and the traffic restrictions on the Chetwynd Bridge. 

5 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

I doubt it will be smoother with all the localised roadworks and the traffic restrictions on the Chetwynd Bridge. 

I would assume that they would be able to make the Chetwynd Bridge one way for 90% of the time…? And taking caravans / campervans off down the A513 towards Tamworth should ease it.?

do you think they could exit Northbound Campervans left through Walton.? Or is that bridge also knackered.??

Just now, BlueDaze said:

I would assume that they would be able to make the Chetwynd Bridge one way for 90% of the time…? And taking caravans / campervans off down the A513 towards Tamworth should ease it.?

do you think they could exit Northbound Campervans left through Walton.? Or is that bridge also knackered.??

It may be a nightmare if (like me) you are in a caravan / Campervan on A513 and someone breaks down… ? it’s quite a way to Tamworth

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Chetwynd is fine for cars and motorcycles both for ingress and egress, the issue is the wider vehicles 

Not sure they will use Walton on egress, it's been an issue for years with traffic blocking the village, ok for ingress as its more spread out though.

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Chetwynd is fine for cars and motorcycles both for ingress and egress, the issue is the wider vehicles 

Not sure they will use Walton on egress, it's been an issue for years with traffic blocking the village, ok for ingress as its more spread out though.

Ah no.. I meant that vans would turn left on the A513 towards Tamworth, NOT right over Chetwynd..

to your point though, there will be queues on Monday whatever happens… it’s the very nature of moving a large amount of folk in a small amount of time.. (hoping to breeze in Wednesday morning mind 😉)

Yes that left is possible and a recommended route. 

Am glad am there both pre and post show, no traffic to worry about 👀🤣

Edited by Paul ™

I have a ticket going for this year, if anyone is interested. I think it was a 3rd release ticket, face value £210 (£219 with fees).

I'll let it go for £180.

Ticket in hand (well, on laptop), I can mail it across as soon as sold.

Anyone interested, DM me.

EDIT:

I also have a spare going for Moseley Folk at the end of August/Start of September - Levellers, Dexys, Belle & Sebastian. Again, Purchased for £155, will let it go £130. Ticket not yet in hand, but I do have the confirmation email.

Edited by FrogStupid

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

My Bearded playlist, comprising one song from each of the acts I want to see is down to 70 songs. Clashes aots.

I am down to a mere 60 not including the Tea Tent

Edited by Nobody Interesting

2 hours ago, FrogStupid said:

I have a ticket going for this year, if anyone is interested. I think it was a 3rd release ticket, face value £210 (£219 with fees).

I'll let it go for £180.

Ticket in hand (well, on laptop), I can mail it across as soon as sold.

Anyone interested, DM me.

EDIT:

I also have a spare going for Moseley Folk at the end of August/Start of September - Levellers, Dexys, Belle & Sebastian. Again, Purchased for £155, will let it go £130. Ticket not yet in hand, but I do have the confirmation email.

I think the standard process is to put it on Twickets

19 hours ago, Karlhippy said:

I think the standard process is to put it on Twickets

If I put it on Twickets for 180 the final sale price with Twickets fees is something like 210. I'm trying to cut the middle people who want to take 30 quid for doing literally nothing.

Edited by FrogStupid

On 5/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, FrogStupid said:

If I put it on Twickets for 180 the final sale price with Twickets fees is something like 210. I'm trying to cut the middle people who want to take 30 quid for doing literally nothing.

And take away any protection for the buyer.

How much time, effort and money do you think it takes to create an online ticket selling platform, keep it running and build it up to being one of, or the most, trusted ticket selling website?

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

And take away any protection for the buyer.

How much time, effort and money do you think it takes to create an online ticket selling platform, keep it running and build it up to being one of, or the most, trusted ticket selling website?

Dunno mate about an hour?

I've managed to sell it now anyhow so thumbs up smiley face beers clinking and all the rest of it.

Edited by FrogStupid

🌙 GOOD NIGHTS AHEAD 🌙

Join us after hours as we keep the party going throughout the Bearded Theory weekend…

🧔🏻 Big Ed presides over our late night al fresco shenanigans. Throughout the weekend you can expect genre-spanning sets including ‘90s House & Dance Anthems, Drum & Bass Bangers, as well as standout sets from Fabio & Grooverider and K-Klass!

🎧 The Woodland Silent Disco is back! Our resident DJs will be fighting it out to be champs of your headphones between the trees ‘til late on Thursday, Friday and Saturday for a full-on rock club party, featuring beloved alternative anthems and chart-toppers from certified Rock Royalty of the ‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s.

👽 CODA, our new home to dance music. We’ll be partying after hours with the likes of Leeroy Thornhill (ex-Prodigy), Roni Size, System 7 and even Orbital, joining us for a DJ set after their Meadow Stage live headline show.

📽️ Now Screening: The Big Lebowski – Back To The Future – The Rocky Horror Picture Show only at Meadow Movies! Thank you so much for all your movie suggestions a few weeks back, we read them ALL and found two perfect fits to fill the weekend alongside our new traditional Sunday slot.

🎤 Catton Fiddle Karaoke makes you the rockstar for a change! We’ve moved to the “local” as our new home for 2024, but are expecting the same dulcet tones and flawless performances from you lovely lot until late on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

🎶 Convoy Cabaret and Maui Waui, our late night stages, will be keeping you entertained late into the night with their finest selections of DJs and live acts

️ And always, if you fancy a lovely place to chill and enjoy some great live acts, The Something Else Tea Tent is the ideal destination.

Make sure you don't miss the first big party of the summer 😃🌞🥳