Dream Wife (Meadow)

CMAT (Pallet)

Duvet (Meadow on Thursday)

Black Midi (Meadow)

King Kong Meuf (Convoy Cabaret)

Deadletter (Woodland)

Pit Pony (Meadow)

Unglamorous Music (Convoy Cabaret)

And as an extra idea inspired by the 'I Get Knocked Down' screening and Q&A in Something Else Sunday morning and linked to another suggestion I made in my first reply, a screening of Jubilee (1977) with Q&A afterwards with Toyah Willcox.

On 6/14/2023 at 8:11 PM, choo choos said:

Squeeze def played a few years back, the seemed 'bemused' by the great reception they got, and by no means where they going through the motions. 

Booze is always the one no-one wants changing. Went to 'red rooster' just after covid lockdown, and they had a wristband to purchase so u could take your own booze in to main stage, 1st time they had tried it. I bought em but the next year was back to byo. Latitude also search your bags to get in to main arena, and for me, that puts a downer on the atmos, and having to think of getting gear onto site secretly when paying nigh on £300 is......🙄

Yeah Latitude is a piss take. I wouldnt mind so much but when we went there was only one or two proper ales available from specific bars that constantly sold out. If you are going to stop people taking their own booze at least give them some decent options in the arena. That and the walk from the car to campsite nearly killed me...proper mission. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes another fantastic Bearded and pretty sure I will be getting the early-bird tickets for 2024.

Agree on the BOYB points and I would refuse to attend if that was changed. 

Only went to Latitude once and hated everything about it including the tiresome searches and sky high prices and most of all the snooty punters. Total lack of vibe. 

I love Glastonbury because of the scale and the choice but pound for pound for value Bearded is impossible to beat. Great line up, easy festival on the legs and friendly clientele. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Perks said:

Saw King Blues last night in Birmingham, f**king A they were, would love to see them back next year. Looks like they will be touring, so be a good shout

To be honest, I'd imagine most festival promoters are still going to be slightly wary about booking them for a while yet. Regardless of whether the allegations stand up to scrutiny or not, as long as they're out there then the easier option is to not get involved.

40 minutes ago, incident said:

To be honest, I'd imagine most festival promoters are still going to be slightly wary about booking them for a while yet. Regardless of whether the allegations stand up to scrutiny or not, as long as they're out there then the easier option is to not get involved.

What have i missed?

22 minutes ago, incident said:

A lot of he said / she said between Itch and former partners.

I've no idea who's "right" though.

cheers, ah i'd no idea, he did have some new members in the band, they were great to be fair, shame if some snideness has gone on.. im in my own world most of the time

16 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Couple more suggestions for the month:

Jen Butterworth (Woodland)

The Mary Wallopers (Maui Waui)

Ralph McTell (Woodland)

Destroy Boys (Meadow)

Really hoping for the Mary Wallopers, i've convinced myself so much, that i'll be disappointed f they aren't playing

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, tomlc said:

Was set on bearded for next year from reading all the posts but doesn’t align with school holidays this time around so I’m out. The perils of teaching. 

Bearded is always, and always has been, Thursday to Sunday (going home on BH Monday) before the start of the school holidays (unless it is a private school). To the best of my knowledge they have never moved it.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Bearded is always, and always has been, Thursday to Sunday (going home on BH Monday) before the start of the school holidays (unless it is a private school). To the best of my knowledge they have never moved it.

Yeah I wasn’t suggesting it’s the bearded dates that move more the schools holidays for specific schools. I think in some past years I would have been able to attend but didn’t. Not this time around. 🙁

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No it hasn't, it moved forward a week after 3 or 4 years to the BHW

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just looking back through last year's thread. Ticket details were announced 10th Sept and ticket sale was 17th September. The previous year there was some lineup news on 4th September so hopefully we will be hearing something soon.

Last 10 years

2013 - Tickets Sept 5th, first announcement Oct 26th

2014 - Tickets Sept 1st, first announcement Oct 27th

2015 - Tickets Sept 6th, first announcement Sept 2nd

2016 - Tickets Aug 31st, first announcement Oct 31st

2017 - Tickets Sept 10th, first announcement Nov 9th

2018 - Tickets Sept 9th, first announcement Nov 6th

2019 - Tickets Sept 15th, first announcement Nov 2nd

2020 - Tickets Sept 7th, first announcement Oct 25th. Then moved to Sept, headliners carried fwd.

2021 - Rolled over, payment plan Tickets 1st Aug, first announcement Jan 15th

2022 - Rolled over, Headliners announced April 9th when 2021 was cancelled

2022 - Rolled over, Announcement Sept 3rd, remaining tickets Sept 11th

2023 - Tickets Sept 17th

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just looking back through last year's thread. Ticket details were announced 10th Sept and ticket sale was 17th September. The previous year there was some lineup news on 4th September so hopefully we will be hearing something soon.

Last year, first under DHP, lineup part one came on 29th Nov

15 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Last 10 years

2013 - Tickets Sept 5th, first announcement Oct 26th

2014 - Tickets Sept 1st, first announcement Oct 27th

2015 - Tickets Sept 6th, first announcement Sept 2nd

2016 - Tickets Aug 31st, first announcement Oct 31st

2017 - Tickets Sept 10th, first announcement Nov 9th

2018 - Tickets Sept 9th, first announcement Nov 6th

2019 - Tickets Sept 15th, first announcement Nov 2nd

2020 - Tickets Sept 7th, first announcement Oct 25th. Then moved to Sept, headliners carried fwd.

2021 - Rolled over, payment plan Tickets 1st Aug, first announcement Jan 15th

2022 - Rolled over, Headliners announced April 9th when 2021 was cancelled

2022 - Rolled over, Announcement Sept 3rd, remaining tickets Sept 11th

2023 - Tickets Sept 17th

The Bearded Thingy.

• Like 1