Bearded Theory 2024

12 minutes ago, Matt_Cambria said:

What are the rules about re-entry, please? Can we do as many car runs as we like? (And is this limited on Wed/Thurs as people are coming in?)

Never been any restrictions before. I've got a mate whose wife packs the kitchen sink, he makes 4 trips most years.

Hi all.

I'm in the campervan field now and its a wet one alright.

most are driving in without help but a few motorhomes are getting stuck.

Keep the towing eye handy incase you need it. 

• Like 1

First time heading to BT this year, cannot wait!!

Quick question for the collective - what time can you get into the car park tomorrow/any day? Coming from Manchester so want to get an early start to avoid any Birmingham related traffic so will probably be there a couple of hours before gates open. Can we get into the car park or is it a case of finding the local supermarket carpark to lay low in til opening?

Cheers, and see you all tomorrow!

1 hour ago, bucko said:

Keep the towing eye handy incase you need it. 

Checked before I left and the hole for it was COMPLETELY rusted up. Cue frantic half hour of greasing and scrubbing, but the eye goes in like a charm now!

All packed and on our way, can’t wait. 

24 minutes ago, Benway said:

What is the security like at Bearded Theory - i.e do you get bags searched on the way into the camping area and/or main arena?

Just thinking of herbal needs..

I didn't see any searches. They were more concerned to keep the vehicles moving. Previously it's been relaxed getting into the main arena just raise your arm with the wtistband

24 minutes ago, Benway said:

What is the security like at Bearded Theory - i.e do you get bags searched on the way into the camping area and/or main arena?

Just thinking of herbal needs..

I didn't see any searches. They were more concerned to keep the vehicles moving. Previously it's been relaxed getting into the main arena just raise your arm with the wtistband

3 hours ago, lazyred said:

First time ever bag search getting my wristband

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lazyred said:

First time ever bag search getting my wristband

That doesn't sound good mate . Were there dogs? And did you get a pat down ?

Also did they unravel sleeping bags ?

Edited by Benway
Added more info

Struggling for signal so will try and answer a couple of bits at once.  No programme yet- i missed out as they went off sale an hour or two ago and back on sale at 9am.

No limits to trips back and forth to the car. 

No dogs (or hare krishna greeters!) today. Not sure about tomorrow.

Main path in is very wet but camping fields seem ok so far. Everyone seems in positive festival frames of mind.

Main gate into Walton Woods not open today so it's quiet on there, acres of space for tomorrows arrivals.

Safe travels all and have good weekends.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Perfect weather conditions for me. Nothing I hate more than struggling to get tent pegs into hard ground , and then spending the weekend worrying about keeping beers cold in the hot sun

Just spoke to the traffic management folks and they are stressed out.

anothor 1k campervans to get in tomorrow and its hard work for them.

Be cool everyone, the weathers not playing ball but we can still have a great time.

Everyone is doing the best they can so cut them some slack.

Once you are in and set there's still a great atmosphere on site, its bearded everything will be good.

• Thanks 1

We're on the coach from Manchester at 09:15 tomorrow so no way for us to delay our arrival. Wondering if they will drop in the usual place at the back of the car park or somewhere else. Absolute shitter but no one can change the weather. Just hope it isn't cancelled.