Bearded Theory 2024

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I've had "Never in a million f**king years..." going round my head all week. 

Send help.

Yeah...can't imagine they'll get many bookings for kids parties. The album is brilliant 'Black Dog/White Horse' sounds like a different band. Not a duff track on it. Loving the new Bob Vylan as well. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Met Office, which has been a beacon of hope in the last week, has now gone to a hood chance of rain all day tomorrow. 

Next run comes out at 9.30 and will update sites from then til noon. Then another run at 1pm.

The radar simulation on Met Office shows us almost in the centre of the 'curl' of the rain band....... that means if it is 30 miles west of where they suggest we are dry all day.

I am now going out to run around town naked praising the weather gods.

PS According to the rader it is currently raining on site but it should not last long.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Met Office, which has been a beacon of hope in the last week, has now gone to a hood chance of rain all day tomorrow. 

Just as it was drying up too!

16 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Yes sir.

Pallet is a bit wrong one day too.

12 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

PS According to the rader it is currently raining on site but it should not last long.

It is and it will be on and off all day

5 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Pallet is a bit wrong one day too.

Doesn't surprise me.

I'd love to get a leak but am quite happy, in fact having just read a FB post more than happy for it to be wrong this year so people stop thinking it is official and accurate!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

in fact having just read a FB post more than happy for it to be wrong this year so people stop thinking it is official and accurate!

Oh agreed 100%

18 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Doesn't surprise me.

I'd love to get a leak but am quite happy, in fact having just read a FB post more than happy for it to be wrong this year so people stop thinking it is official and accurate!

Thanks for your efforts with the Clashfinder again this year. The vast majority of people understand it's guesswork, just maybe not the ones on Facebook. 

I find it really helpful, I know stuff will change but it's a good indicator as to where I should be concentrating my listening pre-festival. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm furious with it, that has been the beacon, now its heavy rain all day, hate putting tent up in the rain, least the tea tent will be open for some boozy hot drinks and to dry off (well I hope it will be)

27 minutes ago, Perks said:

I'm furious with it, that has been the beacon, now its heavy rain all day, hate putting tent up in the rain, least the tea tent will be open for some boozy hot drinks and to dry off (well I hope it will be)

Open from 1pm Weds  ish subject to faff

Looks like the heavy rain tomorrow is now nailed on, gonna be the first wet/muddy festival in quite a while, at least we know and can take the right gear, weekend's not looking too bad so we may not have to stand in the rain while the bands are on. Will still be a good un.

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

Looks like the heavy rain tomorrow is now nailed on, gonna be the first wet/muddy festival in quite a while, at least we know and can take the right gear, weekend's not looking too bad so we may not have to stand in the rain while the bands are on. Will still be a good un.

Same, going to be a wet one putting the tent up, haven't done that in a while. ah well, still rather be doing that than in work!

Yeah, bunging a tent up in the rain is a right bugger, but when its up its sorted, and sitting in a tent in the dry listening to it falling is one of my very favourite things so thats the bit im going to focus on 😄 it looks like itll be showers on and off so lets hope for the off bit 

On 5/20/2024 at 7:46 AM, bexj said:

Well, my Bearded Theory is over.  I'm in hospital so just about to put my tickets up on twickets. Gutted. 

No! Hope you're back on the mend soon and you manage to sell your tickets 👍

12 minutes ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

The Thursday morning coach can't come soon enough. Proper ready for this festival. Need it to help me get over that shitshow at Wembley Saturday just gone.

I'm not looking forward to my early start for the 7.30am coach from Victoria!