Official Clashes and the Headaches They Bring

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Big clashes
Elton John vs Queens of the Stone Age vs Thundercat (gutted, this years three biggest must sees... going for Elton)
The Churnups vs The Comet Is Coming (leaning towards Comet)

Less stressful clashes
Camelphat vs Sparks (probably Sparks)
Raye vs Kanda Bongo Man (probably KBM)
Tinariwen vs Manic Street Preachers vs Ezra Collective (probably MSP)

5 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Big clashes
Elton John vs Queens of the Stone Age vs Thundercat (gutted, this years three biggest must sees... going for Elton)
The Churnups vs The Comet Is Coming (leaning towards Comet)

Less stressful clashes
Camelphat vs Sparks (probably Sparks)
Raye vs Kanda Bongo Man (probably KBM)
Tinariwen vs Manic Street Preachers vs Ezra Collective (probably MSP)

We're gonna do Thundercat then leg it to the start of Elton, should make it fine. I assume you want to have a better choice of spot for Elton though.

2 hours ago, 1986 said:

We're gonna do Thundercat then leg it to the start of Elton, should make it fine. I assume you want to have a better choice of spot for Elton though.

Yeah, we wanna get a good spot and I did see Thundercat last year with the RHCP. But definitely go and see both if you can, he's awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to see the Last Dinner Party... but I also really want to hear Max Richter perform 'On the Nature of Daylight' which I'm fairly sure is first in the set assuming The Blue Notebook is being played in order.

Is it mad to watch that one song and then peg it to Woodsies? What's the time between those stages early in the day with a swift pace?

image.thumb.png.6ca4d13159878ceb4428f81cdd08bcd5.png

On 5/30/2023 at 12:16 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hmmm.  So, do I risk legging it from Lizzo to Rina and then back to Pointo for GnR or will EVERYONE be doing that?

I have the same dilemma with Lizzo and Melanie C. In theory, an hour from Pyramid to Avalon is easy but I think Avalon will be rammed. Jake Shears on before means very little turnover. Gut instinct tells me I'd have to get to Avalon two acts early to get a decent spot. 

I'd have loved to see Rina Sawayama too. Saturday is a nightmare. I could go to Saturday three times and still not see everyone I wanted.

56 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I have the same dilemma with Lizzo and Melanie C. In theory, an hour from Pyramid to Avalon is easy but I think Avalon will be rammed. Jake Shears on before means very little turnover. Gut instinct tells me I'd have to get to Avalon two acts early to get a decent spot. 

I'd have loved to see Rina Sawayama too. Saturday is a nightmare. I could go to Saturday three times and still not see everyone I wanted.

Same here, Saturday is absolutely full of people I'd like to see. I'm hoping that someone drops out somewhere and maneskin get bumped up

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

1 hour ago, ICGenie said:

Definitely reckon you need to decide either Lizzo or Mel C - reckon they'll be close to needing to shut the field, and if not it'll just be difficult to get into the tent.  Might be nice outside the tent - I notice Avalon Cafe only has acts during the gap when stuff not on the main Avalon stage, so less sound bleed at least.  I've been listening to some of Jake's stuff and actually quite looking forward to seeing that too, and Gabriel Aplin will be great.  Missing Lizzo will be tough still

4 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I really want to see the Last Dinner Party... but I also really want to hear Max Richter perform 'On the Nature of Daylight' which I'm fairly sure is first in the set assuming The Blue Notebook is being played in order.

Is it mad to watch that one song and then peg it to Woodsies? What's the time between those stages early in the day with a swift pace?

image.thumb.png.6ca4d13159878ceb4428f81cdd08bcd5.png

If Max starts with OtNoD and it finished around 11:18, you've got a good chance of making it to Woodsies, albeit perhaps missing a couple of their songs. Park to Woodsies could take you maybe 20 minutes if you position yourself for a quick getaway and people are still getting breakfast etc. Even if it takes longer, you'd still have a good half hour at Last Dinner Party, I reckon. 

4 hours ago, p.pete said:

Definitely reckon you need to decide either Lizzo or Mel C - reckon they'll be close to needing to shut the field, and if not it'll just be difficult to get into the tent.  Might be nice outside the tent - I notice Avalon Cafe only has acts during the gap when stuff not on the main Avalon stage, so less sound bleed at least.  I've been listening to some of Jake's stuff and actually quite looking forward to seeing that too, and Gabriel Aplin will be great.  Missing Lizzo will be tough still

Agreed. I'm almost certainly going for the Avalon option. Partly on the grounds that I saw Lizzo in 2019 and, while I'm sure she'll be great, I don't think she could top the vibe of that performance.

On 5/31/2023 at 7:32 AM, Robinn said:

Big clashes

I'm hoping that Elton will start earlier and I'll watch 45min or so (probably less) and then go to QotSA for the last part - well thats the plan, wether it works out that way I've no idea

One of the times i tried this, I got distracted and ended up in bar between sets (I think it was Paul Mc and Chemical bros)

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If Max starts with OtNoD and it finished around 11:18, you've got a good chance of making it to Woodsies, albeit perhaps missing a couple of their songs. Park to Woodsies could take you maybe 20 minutes if you position yourself for a quick getaway and people are still getting breakfast etc. Even if it takes longer, you'd still have a good half hour at Last Dinner Party, I reckon. 

This is the vote of confidence I needed!

12 hours ago, bob323 said:

I'm hoping that Elton will start earlier and I'll watch 45min or so (probably less) and then go to QotSA for the last part - well thats the plan, wether it works out that way I've no idea

One of the times i tried this, I got distracted and ended up in bar between sets (I think it was Paul Mc and Chemical bros)

Luckily enough the clash (kinda) got solved: I already saw Thundercat last year and I will see QotSA later this year, so I'll just be at Elton. 🙂