Predict the final TBAs

churlie100

2 hours ago, Sasperella2 said:

Is it just me that thinks Rick Astley doing a secret set on top of his already 'surprise' addition on the lineup is deeply underwhelming?

If it was him doing his stuff it would be ridiculously crap. However it seems the TBA is a very different thing, being just a Smiths covers set.

2 hours ago, CR77 said:

It's crossed my mind that maybe that's where the rumour comes from... maybe Blossoms are just joining him on the Pyramid for a few Smiths songs.

He’s only got 45 minutes on the Pyramid. Can’t see it.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Would be better if Blossoms just played as part of Rick Astley's main set. Pyramid Smiths singalong. He's only actually got one song hasn't he? Genuine question.

According to Wikipedia he’s had 8 Top 10 hits, although one of them is an absolutely dreadful Nat King Cole cover. I guess playing them would take up most of that slot.

2 hours ago, downtherabbithole said:

It's a shocker. If it really is this, The Pretenders and Hozier, it will be the worst set of TBAs so far

This is the future. The festival has been told very clearly to stop booking acts in wildly inappropriate slots for their size. The Smiths thing is ideal, as something that’s a bit unusual. Within the confines of being realistic it’s about as good as you’re gonna get.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

Doing percentages is next to impossible here because we’ve got four names in the mix for three slots and conflicting info.

Friday Woodsies: The Sun say Hozier in today’s paper. @The Other Steve says with total certainty that it’s Blossoms and Rick Astley doing a Smiths set. And he’s from Stockport, round Blossoms way, and he has said this is 100% locked.

Saturday Woodsies: The Sun say Pulp in today’s paper (with some quotes from ‘a source’ etc etc you know the drill). However we know from a tweet that Hozier is definitely travelling to the site, so this would be the logical slot for him if Blossoms/Rick play Friday.

Saturday Park: This one seems like a lock - Pretenders have been the only name in the frame here for a while. But if they pop up somewhere else, then this could be open.

Basically, once we know who’s playing where Friday, the Saturday slots should figure themselves out.

Excellent summation, saves me wading through the whole thread! Out of upvotes but thank you!

1 hour ago, NostawSemaj said:

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but Rick Astley has also appeared with the Foos a couple of times so I could imagine Dave popping up at the Rick/Blossoms set as well

I was wondering if it would be the other way round and he might go on with the Foos to do ‘Never gonna give you up’ before the Smiths set

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

The Rabbit Hole, which is in the Park area - look for the low, long tipi like tent

Actually I'm interested in this - never been in, is it that whole "secret password" thing still, or is the music in the bit at the front? Always been too busy to go in when we've been there 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Actually I'm interested in this - never been in, is it that whole "secret password" thing still, or is the music in the bit at the front? Always been too busy to go in when we've been there 

The secret part is Funkingham Palace

The Rabbit Hole is just the open venue

• Like 1