Lebara On Vodafone 99p for 1month contract

Evilmonkeydan

59 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

My regular SIM is with iD (Three) but I have a dual SIM space for another. Can't decide which is the best bet though - a Vodafone or EE option 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is the general consensus that Vodafone will be the better served option on site this year? 

Get one of these, 49p or 99p per month depending 3gb or 5gb. It's a rolling month, so you don't have to keep beyond the trial. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lebara-3gb-data-49p-per-month-5gb-ps99p-12gb-data-ps199pm-unltd-mintext-eu-roaming-price-for-first-6-months-at-mse-lebara-4124981

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

My regular SIM is with iD (Three) but I have a dual SIM space for another. Can't decide which is the best bet though - a Vodafone or EE option 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is the general consensus that Vodafone will be the better served option on site this year? 

I wouldn't say there is any consensus, or even likely to be any solid indications forthcoming ahead of time. Obviously in past years EE were excellent, and Vodafone were poor but not the worst. At this point though all past form is irrelevant.

Voda do now have more access to the festival than before and more incentive to beef up coverage, but given their lack of experience it's possible (or even likely) they underestimate the scale of the task. Whereas EE definitely know how to do it right - but without the contract they may not have the incentive to invest the necessary money, and even if they do still make the effort the quality could be hit if they're unable to put masts in prime spots anymore.

Guess we're just going to have to see how it pans out.

5 hours ago, Levitz said:

If I get a Lebara sim for my iPhone, which should I convert to an esim, the Lebara one or my O2 contract sim?

I don’t think Lebara do esims yet - at least I couldn’t find an esim option when I got mine. It was easy to convert my contract EE sim over to esim though.

12 hours ago, clarkete said:

Get one of these, 49p or 99p per month depending 3gb or 5gb. It's a rolling month, so you don't have to keep beyond the trial. 

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lebara-3gb-data-49p-per-month-5gb-ps99p-12gb-data-ps199pm-unltd-mintext-eu-roaming-price-for-first-6-months-at-mse-lebara-4124981

Cheers.  Just ordered a sim.  👍

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Levitz said:

I found this: https://www.lebara.ch/en/esim 

Does it make any difference which is an esim?

It doesn’t make a difference, but I’m pretty sure the Lebara esim isn’t available in the UK yet - I found the same page when I was looking, but when it came to making an order there was no esim available. As I say though, it doesn’t make a difference, you can choose which is the primary and secondary sim in the iPhone settings and it can bounce between them as needed when the primary has low coverage.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

It doesn’t make a difference, but I’m pretty sure the Lebara esim isn’t available in the UK yet - I found the same page when I was looking, but when it came to making an order there was no esim available. As I say though, it doesn’t make a difference, you can choose which is the primary and secondary sim in the iPhone settings and it can bounce between them as needed when the primary has low coverage.

thanks

• Like 1

Does it matter which sim is the esim? I’m with 3 who don’t do esims yet so would need to get the Vodafone esim - assume that’s ok? Only asking as everyone seems to be doing it the other way round (maybe because Lebara don’t have esims) 

On 5/19/2023 at 12:11 AM, incident said:

I wouldn't say there is any consensus, or even likely to be any solid indications forthcoming ahead of time. Obviously in past years EE were excellent, and Vodafone were poor but not the worst. At this point though all past form is irrelevant.

Voda do now have more access to the festival than before and more incentive to beef up coverage, but given their lack of experience it's possible (or even likely) they underestimate the scale of the task. Whereas EE definitely know how to do it right - but without the contract they may not have the incentive to invest the necessary money, and even if they do still make the effort the quality could be hit if they're unable to put masts in prime spots anymore.

Guess we're just going to have to see how it pans out.

Thanks, yeah that's kinda what I thought re. the not really knowing. I've gone for the cheap Lebara SIM deal as shared in this thread (thanks everyone) and can only imagine that will have to be better than the absolute shit all service with Three, whatever the case!

15 minutes ago, LMK said:

Does it matter which sim is the esim? I’m with 3 who don’t do esims yet so would need to get the Vodafone esim - assume that’s ok? Only asking as everyone seems to be doing it the other way round (maybe because Lebara don’t have esims) 

Nope doesn’t matter which way round at all . Your phone will give the option of switching to whatever network is best or you can use both but the phone battery drain will be worse . So my advice would be test both out on the farm but turn the worst performing one off 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LMK said:

Only problem you may have is most providers seem to only do ESIMs on contract. 

I've currently got 2 contracts one with Three and the other with O2 (purely for extra lfc ticket queue positions) ... combined costing now £49 so gonna switch to just 1 with Asda mobile at £24 unlimited and they use Vodafone 👍

Edited by gazzared

I'm baffled as to why people are so desperate for phone signal and data at Glastonbury. I'm probably just old but my phone at a festival is only really used to tell the time. 

Exception being the year I was working it and wanted to be able to reach Mrs & nipper Hew who were at home. 

23 hours ago, MrHew said:

I'm baffled as to why people are so desperate for phone signal and data at Glastonbury. I'm probably just old but my phone at a festival is only really used to tell the time. 

Exception being the year I was working it and wanted to be able to reach Mrs & nipper Hew who were at home. 

We have friends

On 5/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, MrHew said:

It’s pretty ridiculous, however everyone has got so used to using them constantly outside of festivals they feel like they are essential inside the festival for more than just calls and texts.

Our group use a WhatsApp group to keep in contact, but aside from using it to take pictures I don’t use my phone for anything beyond that whilst at the festival. 

On 5/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, MrHew said:

Try not to use my phone there tbh but last year I lost my mate by the loos at the back of WH and we hadn’t expected to get separated so hadn’t made a plan where to regroup, desperately tried to send texts/whatapps but to no avail. Eventually he managed to ring me and we found each other, very relieved 😅 

31 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Try not to use my phone there tbh but last year I lost my mate by the loos at the back of WH and we hadn’t expected to get separated so hadn’t made a plan where to regroup, desperately tried to send texts/whatapps but to no avail. Eventually he managed to ring me and we found each other, very relieved 😅 

I even agree a meeting spot for toilet trips with my mates as what happened to you used to happen to us on occasion!