croissant neuf

marathonsteve

8 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Can only remember ever seeing one act there (although there's probably been others).

Many moons ago on a Thursday - Space Ritual - Nick Turner's version of Hawkwind.

Still one of my all time favourite Glastonbury gigs.

You reminded me that I saw Space Ritual at Wickerman 2005. Rescued from a memory hole 😂 

5 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

The penny only dropped with me last year despite having gone a number,  that there were 2 Bandstands

Me too!

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Old time sailors for a drunken sea shanty party

They've been at my local festival, Farmer Phil's the last two years and are playing in a local pub next week.  Great fun - they hand out newspapers with all the lyrics so you can join in!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Butterz said:

I've updated the big playlist to include Croissant Neuf.  The CN artists are in order toward the middle of the list, after Silver Hayes.

Awesome, Much appreciated, time for some discovery, think I only know six of the them. Gaz, Gabrielle, Steve, Henge, Showhawks and Mik.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Really hope I can get to ROT90s and Showhawk. Love both. Croissant Neuf is a great (but tiny) venue. Mad Dog McCrae was awesome in 2019. Real highlight.

Yeah don't think I'll make it into they're as it'll be rammed, that's why I like watching Doreen Doreen for some fun entertainment as it's outside on the summer house stage 

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I really recommend Gaz Brookfield. His song and it’s accompanying video, be the bigger man, about bullying should be in the national curriculum for all schools . 

Regularly makes me cry, last time was at Bearded Theory last year.  And the video not only makes me cry but sends tingles down my spine.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Regularly makes me cry, last time was at Bearded Theory last year.  And the video not only makes me cry but sends tingles down my spine.  

His diabetes blues song is another great tune.

“ I can’t drink cider any more, what’s a West Country boy going to do”! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

His diabetes blues song is another great tune.

“ I can’t drink cider any more, what’s a West Country boy going to do”! 

I can't remember the name, but there was a great song he did last year made up of things people say to him when they find out he's a musician.  Hmm I think I feel a Gaz day coming on for tomorrow!

10 hours ago, gazzared said:

Yeah don't think I'll make it into they're as it'll be rammed, that's why I like watching Doreen Doreen for some fun entertainment as it's outside on the summer house stage 

Strangely enough I saw Dorren Doreen Twice last year on the way back to my tent. Good fun and not what I was expecting !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Strangely enough I saw Dorren Doreen Twice last year on the way back to my tent. Good fun and not what I was expecting !

Yeah my mates were really enjoying them in 2019 but it sounded shit when they explained them to me but they were brillant when i eventually went along haha now its a must every year

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Yeah my mates were really enjoying them in 2019 but it sounded shit when they explained them to me but they were brillant when i eventually went along haha now its a must every year

I finally caught them, after years of missing them walking back to CV fields. Not my every day but great fun 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

I first saw Doreen Doreen about 30 years ago, they are like a perpetual triggers broom band in Bristol 🙂 I think I know more people who have been in the band than are currently in the band 🙂

but amazing fun though 🙂

On 4/29/2023 at 8:46 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

I really recommend Gaz Brookfield. His song and it’s accompanying video, be the bigger man, about bullying should be in the national curriculum for all schools . 

2.30 pm on the Sunday 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Just like the Wheel of Four Tunes use to be.  Loved both of them.

Sorry to hijack but the bishop's castle beer festival is back on this year incase you didn't know 🍻🍻🍻

https://bishopscastleandbeyond.co.uk/location/bishops-castle-real-ale-trail/

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

Sorry to hijack but the bishop's castle beer festival is back on this year incase you didn't know 🍻🍻🍻

https://bishopscastleandbeyond.co.uk/location/bishops-castle-real-ale-trail/

Yes thanks.  We were thinking of going but have found out that Shrewsbury's Loop Festival is on the same day - the first one was last year and it was great - loads of pubs putting on live music all afternoon and evening.  And we can get home afterwards much easier, so we're going to go for that rather than camping at BC this year.  Are you going to BC?

48 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yes thanks.  We were thinking of going but have found out that Shrewsbury's Loop Festival is on the same day - the first one was last year and it was great - loads of pubs putting on live music all afternoon and evening.  And we can get home afterwards much easier, so we're going to go for that rather than camping at BC this year.  Are you going to BC?

I might go just on the friday as Iam in work on the Sunday 😞