The Strokes?

Traci

54 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

I'm sure they were listed as a UK Exclusive for APE - now can't find anything on the site that suggests it, so maybe they are playing elsewhere. Glasto - no.

Lytham felt like such a get last year. On that note though, Lytham landing the Def Leppard-Motley Crue run also feels a bit mad.

21 minutes ago, Traci said:

They would feel they needed to headline, but nothing saying they couldn’t headline the other stage subbed with Yeah Yeah Yeahs so Karen could pop back on with them 

They would be SORELY mistaken

I love The Strokes but they're so far past pyramid stage headliners now it's not even funny, firmly Other heads 

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The Strokes very much in the category of "exceptionally strong sub-headliner, but the time has gone" group of would-be Pyramid acts, along with Biffy Clyro.

Unlike Biffy Clyro, The Strokes are also exceptionally spotty live, so not sure I'd bother with them in the first place.

Love em but yeah, been burnt enough times seeing them live with this. Would probably not even bother at Glastonbury even if they did turn up.

21 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Love em but yeah, been burnt enough times seeing them live with this. Would probably not even bother at Glastonbury even if they did turn up.

I probably wouldn't trust them enough to end my night with, but I'd happily take them as Pyramid sub if they ever decide they don't care about the fee. (So never, probably.)

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

I'd love to hear the conversation with the bookers.

'We have this thing where a washed up indie band from the 00's opens the second stage for us - you can do that?

They are nowhere near other opener level washed up lol

40 minutes ago, dj_tim said:

They're supporting RHCP on tour so maybe they're not a "headline or nothing" band anymore. The money, I imagine, would still be a major sticking point however. 

That RHCP tour has a lot of crazy supports, its an exception (££) more than anything I think.

Its the money anyway