Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

1 hour ago, 21stcenturybreak said:

Having read the thread, I just want to say I get why people are a bit like ymas headlining is meh or its just alright not anything special, to an extent. I know they fell away after cavalier youth for a few years in terms of album quality and ultimately losing their way with "the scene"...which leads to popularity/ momentum downfall.

But honestly they are a very very good live band, I myself have seen them a few times over the years and haven't been disappointed, my only criticism would be that they could have more stage production in their sets instead of just going big on lights etc. Their last two albums Suckapunch and Truth Decay are a real return to form which I think gets overlooked when people see their name branded about.

I would not call myself a hardcore fan of theirs but I do think they get an unfair rap at times.

If they were to do like a toyc and cavalier youth mixed set since its their anniversary years, maybe some sinners and hold me down hits; essentially a throwback set, then add in some solid stage production I think that would go down very well.

I would beg to differ. 

Seen them a couple of times and wouldn't say they were anything above ok live. 

7 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Yeah YMA6 have been pretty dull last few times I've seen them. I agree the newest album is very good, SUCKAPUNCH was balls though.

They’re pretty much surviving from nostalgia at this point. Biggest tours in recent years were anniversary shows. Can’t just rely on that gimmick forever and do more anniversary shows this year 😂

28 minutes ago, jcarb said:

They’re pretty much surviving from nostalgia at this point. Biggest tours in recent years were anniversary shows. Can’t just rely on that gimmick forever and do more anniversary shows this year 😂

You're not wrong, there has been a lot of anniversaries. I feel that's where they have become victims of their own success in a way. Purely because of how well the first 4 albums did for turning them into a big name, so whenever there is a chance to have a anniversary show for any of those albums everyone wants it and ymas will probably oblige because they know those first 4 albums were the backbone to making them as big as they were.

16 minutes ago, KingsMaan said:

Tonight Alive 100% confirmed by singer in her Discord group

Not full band, the guys don't wanna do it. She's asked other bands if they'll sub including ym@s.  

Not sure what you’re trying to say here. YMAS subbing or Tonight Alive? 

She literally has a solo project. Slam Dunk must be paying her quite a lot simply to play under the Tonight Alive! moniker. Not sure it's that big of a draw. 

Just saw she supported Andrew McMahon in Australia, so my insane logic/hopium thinks Something Corporate will be doing exclusive shows at SD.

17 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

She literally has a solo project. Slam Dunk must be paying her quite a lot simply to play under the Tonight Alive! moniker. Not sure it's that big of a draw. 

Just saw she supported Andrew McMahon in Australia, so my insane logic/hopium thinks Something Corporate will be doing exclusive shows at SD.

Solo project is different music. She will be playing tonight alive songs. Rest if band is not interested in playing anymore so will probably be the last ever shows for "Tonight Alive". 

16 minutes ago, Optix said:

I was wondering recently what happened to tonight alive, I fell off them around album 3 as I kind of felt they were veering too pop, not so much punk at that point but I did not realise they have not toured since like 2018. 

They played a fest in aus and a security guard has a heart attack in front of them so stopped touring for a little while. Played 2 shows since then and talks that they were gonna come back last year but the band just isn't interested. Jenna has said she is the one who always starts the conversations about it and yeah man, they just don't care anymore

2 hours ago, KingsMaan said:

Tonight Alive 100% confirmed by singer in her Discord group

Not full band, the guys don't wanna do it. She's asked other bands if they'll sub including ym@s.  

"On 25 May 2022, McDougall announced a new solo project, entitled Hevenshe. The first single under this moniker, "No One Will Ever Love You", released on 6 June 2022."

Might be coming as Hevenshe rather than Tonight Alive perhaps? Could do a Liam Gallagher and just play Tonight Alive songs even though she's solo now. 

Edited by Josnton

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Here’s my top 10 wish list for 5pm: 

You Me At Six (Take Off Your Colours) 

Rancid 

Electric Callboy 

The Story So Far 

Head Automatica 

The Ghost Inside 

Code Orange 

Joyce Manor 

Counterparts 

The Dirty Nil 

I get its personal preference and to have that YM@6 set as a non main headliner okay but for £100 I'd want mine wishlist to be stronger than that. If it £60 4 years ago yeah

11 minutes ago, Josnton said:

"On 25 May 2022, McDougall announced a new solo project, entitled Hevenshe. The first single under this moniker, "No One Will Ever Love You", released on 6 June 2022."

Might be coming as Hevenshe rather than Tonight Alive perhaps? Could do a Liam Gallagher and just play Tonight Alive songs even though she's solo now. 

Nah deffo under the name tonight alive, or tonight alive and friends 

received_1126017735452495.jpeg

received_1008726126842359.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Here’s my top 10 wish list for 5pm: 

You Me At Six (Take Off Your Colours) 

Rancid 

Electric Callboy 

The Story So Far 

Head Automatica 

The Ghost Inside 

Code Orange