Gladrags

CaledonianGonzo

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone got any leads on bargain threads or otherwise nifty Glastonbury couture?

My own personal vibe is getting incrementally more depraved year on year and 2023 feels like the year to step it up.

I love having a mooch around the festival stalls for bits and pieces each year, usually find the better stuff at psy/forest events and of course, don't forget to check out the Oxfam shop at Glasto. 

Online wise, I got a lovely dashiki from here last summer:

https://www.festivalclothinguk.co.uk/

And of course, amazon and ebay!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyone got any leads on bargain threads or otherwise nifty Glastonbury couture?

My own personal vibe is getting incrementally more depraved year on year and 2023 feels like the year to step it up.

https://gringofairtrade.com/ is always at Glastonbury, a favourite of mine and my husband. 

Edited by StoneCircle

Oooooh love the idea of an outfits thread!! I've just been snapping loads of sale bargains throughout Jan so I'm pretty much finished my summer/festival outfit shopping. Unfortunately a lot of fast fashion because I just can't afford sustainable stuff at the moment. Although I have invested in a couple of pairs of trainers/walking boots combo in the sale which are a bit better quality and should hopefully last me a few years now.

Last year I bought the cheapest pair of boots for £13 from Shein, they were actually pretty comfy and did the job while I was there. Had to chuck them away afterwards though, just not sturdy enough!

Just seen a pair of kids Stella McCartney multi coloured hiking boots which look AMAZING!!! Proper stylish, reduced from £200 to £60. Think I have to get them for my daughter 😬😬 What do you think? They'll last her a couple of years if I half size it and then the brand means I could sell them on when she outgrows them? They are just SOOOO cool!!! Don't know how I'm going to resist....shall I do it?

Screenshot_20230131_110317_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Oooooh love the idea of an outfits thread!! I've just been snapping loads of sale bargains throughout Jan so I'm pretty much finished my summer/festival outfit shopping. Unfortunately a lot of fast fashion because I just can't afford sustainable stuff at the moment. Although I have invested in a couple of pairs of trainers/walking boots combo in the sale which are a bit better quality and should hopefully last me a few years now.

Last year I bought the cheapest pair of boots for £13 from Shein, they were actually pretty comfy and did the job while I was there. Had to chuck them away afterwards though, just not sturdy enough!

Just seen a pair of kids Stella McCartney multi coloured hiking boots which look AMAZING!!! Proper stylish, reduced from £200 to £60. Think I have to get them for my daughter 😬😬 What do you think? They'll last her a couple of years if I half size it and then the brand means I could sell them on when she outgrows them? They are just SOOOO cool!!! Don't know how I'm going to resist....shall I do it?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I am Team Buy Them.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:58 PM, stuie said:

I love having a mooch around the festival stalls for bits and pieces each year, usually find the better stuff at psy/forest events and of course, don't forget to check out the Oxfam shop at Glasto. 

Online wise, I got a lovely dashiki from here last summer:

https://www.festivalclothinguk.co.uk/

And of course, amazon and ebay!

Yes there’s a few Oxfam shops at Glastonbury 

9 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

They've got those boots in my size! Must... resist...

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How!? How can a human have 'THAT' kind of strength? Look at them, look at them! they're funky and crazy and weird on top. 

I know! But they don't say they're waterproof. I'll be wearing trainers when (not if) the weather's good at Glasto, only need funky boots if it's grim.

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

I know! But they don't say they're waterproof. I'll be wearing trainers when (not if) the weather's good at Glasto, only need funky boots if it's grim.

One of my friends called me the Imelda Marcos of Kings Heath, such was my shoe collection. I used to buy shoes knowing that I'd never wear them. I just kind of got addicted to shoe design. I kept my addiction to men's shoes. I couldn't go down the womens shoe path. You may be able to guess why. 

Anyway, I'm trying to say#, don't listen to me. Whatever you do in life, please don't let me influence it. It's just that they'd be other opportunities to wear them too, besides just a festival. 

Ups, there's me trying to influence again.

I can't help it!

22 minutes ago, Simsy said:

They've got those boots in my size! Must... resist...

I know what you mean! They've got them in my size too so I could match her! 🤣 

I've got her a pair, couldn't resist them. Will have to save for my own ones 🤣

26 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Strange to say or maybe not I buy all my clothes from Charity shops, saved hundreds. All you beautiful people who donate I thank thee from the bottom of my heart.

I rarely make attire purchases now, but if I do it's charity shops. They are and always were lovely places to be. That said, I do like lovely design, and sometimes that can only be found in contemporary fashions. I don't buy such things, I look at them. I even had a bash at constructing a Romany Gipsy type piece for a woman - see photo. 

IMG_1954.JPG