2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

5 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Indeed ... a strange one that. Although thinking about it, I wonder how that could work. There can't actually be masses of cross-over without going down the Beans/Mik/Lekkido route.

Yeh I suppose. I wonder how convoluted a web you could actually weave out of the main stages.. 

I’m sure they could have found an artist who had played more than once of the four years Lily Allen played. Then again with that artist find someone who played both years they did (even if it didn’t match Lily Allen’s). We’re obviously all obsessed so went full Columbo on YouTube with Lily Allen so it got narrowed fairly quickly. 

13 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

That answers that debate then… 👀

Right, time to have a personality transplant so I’m desirable for the BBC big wigs 

Not going to lie, think the sheer giddiness and excitement at the thought that I might actually get to go when I’ve kind of come to terms with not going might see me right, or it’ll go the other way and I’ll be a mumbling mess 🤣

Good luck to everyone entering - here’s hoping an efester wins 🤞

Edited by Mrs Dubs

9 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Yeh I suppose. I wonder how convoluted a web you could actually weave out of the main stages.. 

I’m sure they could have found an artist who had played more than once of the four years Lily Allen played. Then again with that artist find someone who played both years they did (even if it didn’t match Lily Allen’s). We’re obviously all obsessed so went full Columbo on YouTube with Lily Allen so it got narrowed fairly quickly. 

Just from a brief Google.. they could’ve used Bloc Party or Paolo Nutini to f**k with us. Both played 07/09 like Lilly Allen. This is without including her two other performances 

10 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

OK ... 

Van Morrison
87; 88; 92; 93; 94; 97; 05

Primal Scream
92; 93; 98; 05; 11; 13

Elvis Costello
84; 85; 87; 94; 05; 13

Would have at least made it bit more interesting!

8 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

That's it lads, let's tell all the half interested people the answer and make it harder for the rest of us. Sterling effort.

I tend to agree. There's so much luck involved in these competitions anyway, it would be nice if the people actually bothering to listen had an advantage in one of the only parts that requires some skill/effort

1 hour ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Not going to lie, think the sheer giddiness and excitement at the thought that I might actually get to go when I’ve kind of come to terms with not going might see me right, or it’ll go the other way and I’ll be a mumbling mess 🤣

Good luck to everyone entering - here’s hoping an efester wins 🤞

🤞

23 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

That's it lads, let's tell all the half interested people the answer and make it harder for the rest of us. Sterling effort.

There's that Glastonbury spirit.

Deliberately trying to mislead people with the wrong answer is pretty poor, considering the whole point of this thread is to help each other get to the festival.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lubic said:

Deliberately trying to mislead people with the wrong answer is pretty poor, considering the whole point of this thread is to help each other get to the festival.

Out of upvotes or would have 😊

Most people still in this thread the day before the gates open, desperate to be there, are hardly chancers or idle listeners.

I would rather tell 100 people on here the answers and at least know I might be playing against a fellow efester, probably someone as desperate as me to go 😊 and btw I’m not saying other entrants won’t be as desperate but you know what I mean 🤣

Good luck all 🍀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lubic said:

You'd be good craic at a pub quiz!

You do understand how competitions work? Maybe if I get through onto the radio I'll try and help out the other party.

Edited by gherkin8r

17 minutes ago, Mrs Dubs said:

Out of upvotes or would have 😊

Most people still in this thread the day before the gates open, desperate to be there, are hardly chancers or idle listeners.

I would rather tell 100 people on here the answers and at least know I might be playing against a fellow efester, probably someone as desperate as me to go 😊 and btw I’m not saying other entrants won’t be as desperate but you know what I mean 🤣

Good luck all 🍀

If other people are as desperate to go do you not think they'd do their own research rather than taking what someone online seriously, especially someone openly professing to not wanting to give the answer away?

"A fellow efester" - honestly laughed out loud at that before being a little bit sick in my mouth. 

6 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

If other people are as desperate to go do you not think they'd do their own research rather than taking what someone online seriously, especially someone openly professing to not wanting to give the answer away?

"A fellow efester" - honestly laughed out loud at that before being a little bit sick in my mouth. 

You can get mouth wash for that.

Ultimately, you could’ve listened to the last track they played.. googled and that’s that. I missed the initial song, saw the debate here.. I’ve now just had it on as casual listening whilst I do my day to day bits.

Do I think I’m actually gonna get called back? No. 
Do I think this thread is likely to make my chances any better or worse? No. 

😂 it’s a minimal effort competition, you just need to remember to text in the time frame 

7 minutes ago, faymondo said:

Mrs Fay just got a load of Vodafone festival goodies in a big red box delivered. Total unexpected and a bonus after she won the tickets. 

It's not going to rain but if it does look out for the vodafone poncho's 🤣

They missed mine out did you get an umbrella too ? 

271C72C6-2CD5-44DD-A926-9954BBC05115.jpeg

Edited by Crazyfool01