Pilton Party 2023

Crazyfool01

Elbow were good last year but not sure if perhaps they are struggling for headliners.  I mean we’ve had great ones in the past but also since they got rid of the tent it feels more and more like the extravaganza.  People with blankets and chairs etc.  It doesn’t feel like a local thing anymore when we used to queue at the football pitch to get our tickets to watch early bands like Kasabian and Keane.  Sorry for the rant just not the same anymore.

ps I’ll still be waiting outside shop to get my tickets as per usual lol

Edited by panasonic2011
  • Upvote 1

On 12/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

Ha although I’m not sure @Neil goes to PP or at least hasnt for the last few ? 

I need a driver to get there since they took my licence away.

i've only been to the past two Pilton Parties, and i'm sure i'll pop along this year.

i have to say i was very surprised the first time i went - i was, for some reason, expecting it to be a nice relaxed calm evening.

what i actually got was a million people squeezed into one field and more completely f**ked up people than you would see over the course of the whole festival!

had a great time mind, just wasn't what i expected!

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not had the tent for a few years now … sure there was a reason but I’d expect the outside stage again 

a tent is more expensive but its weatherproof.

It was always a tent until they tried an outdooor stage for Dizzie Rascal/Florence and The Machine when it pissed down, after this Michael said it was back to the tent as it provided a better atmosphere (or words to that effect). The year Liam played I think the tent got stuck at a muddy Reading meaning a tiny, back of a lorry type stage was used and it's been stages since.

#wewanttent

11 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

It was always a tent until they tried an outdooor stage for Dizzie Rascal/Florence and The Machine when it pissed down, after this Michael said it was back to the tent as it provided a better atmosphere (or words to that effect). The year Liam played I think the tent got stuck at a muddy Reading meaning a tiny, back of a lorry type stage was used and it's been stages since.

#wewanttent

can't remember if it was the dizzee year now, but there was a wet year which was meant to be in a tent but a bit of the tent  equipment broke and they had to do an open outdoor stage instead.

22 minutes ago, Neil said:

can't remember if it was the dizzee year now, but there was a wet year which was meant to be in a tent but a bit of the tent  equipment broke and they had to do an open outdoor stage instead.

I’m pretty sure it was this year. Always assumed they used the outdoor stage for Liam as the capacity was supposedly larger. 

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Now please note . This is not based on any info or tips.

BUT , after an evening of watching Blur on tv , which Is concluding with highlights for their 2009 visit to the farm.

it got me wondering, what are the chances of Blur for PP. ? , they do seam to be doing the rounds ATM , also Damon was one of the few who did the live stream event during Covid, which would indicate there is a very good communication Chanel between Damon and GF .

maybe it’s just wishful thinking, if not I’m sure they will grace the pointed stage next year .

or I need to drink much less Cider! 

Think they are in Portugal on the 31/8.