Hip-Hop/Rap 2023

deadpheasant

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

Danger Mouse and Black Thought would be nice.

RTJ possibly due a visit too.

I’d like Czarface to show up but seems very unlikely.

Danger Mouse and Black Thought would be pretty sexy!

The Roots have a new album out next year I think, so they may as well play if BT is already there? Please!

2 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

Danger Mouse and Black Thought would be pretty sexy!

The Roots have a new album out next year I think, so they may as well play if BT is already there? Please!

OMG a clash between The Roots and Elton would legitimately be the stuff of nightmares. Both are absolute MUST sees for me.

8 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Where do we think Nas would play? WH headline?

Should be. His weird 2013 slot was after a string of meh albums IIRC but Nas is having a fantastic revival right now.

5 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

Surely Loyle Carner makes an appearance? Got tickets for his Leicester date but would be great to see him at Glasto. Any chance of JID despite his Europe/UK dates being a bit earlier in the year? Wouldn't be shocked to see Lancey Foux there too.

Played this year so dunno if an immediate repeat is likely? Would like to see him there though, same with JID.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Should be. His weird 2013 slot was after a string of meh albums IIRC but Nas is having a fantastic revival right now.

Played this year so dunno if an immediate repeat is likely? Would like to see him there though, same with JID.

Completely forgot he was there this year, he did a secret set at the rabbit hole at like 1am, right? Think I was on the opposite end of the site, so personally would be nice to see a full set on a bigger stage - especially after the drop of hugo.

SZA is dropping this month so would she potentially make an appearance as an other stage headliner ala Megan Thee Stallion? 070 Shake would be great but I don't know how likely that is. Ari Lennox dropped a great project this year. Wizkid would draw a big crowd in too I'm sure, but again I don't know how likely that is - just throwing out names that have dropped recently/are going to drop

Edited by SpencerF

4 minutes ago, SpencerF said:

SZA is dropping this month so would she potentially make an appearance as an other stage headliner ala Megan Thee Stallion? 070 Shake would be great but I don't know how likely that is. Ari Lennox dropped a great project this year. Wizkid would draw a big crowd in too I'm sure, but again I don't know how likely that is - just throwing out names that have dropped recently/are going to drop

Don't really see any of these as rappers except Megan obviously. Amazing suggestions though!

Would love SZA - saw her at Lovebox a few years ago but she was late and only had time for a few songs.

I think Wizkid would go down really well in the spot Burna Boy did this year, second from top on the Other. Would love to see loads more afrobeats tbh - Asake just sold out 3 nights at Brixton Academy, and a Fireboy DML set would be the ideal time for a surprise Ed Sheeran appearance....

6 minutes ago, Willy-wam-wam-wozzle said:

What’s Nas like live? I’ve been burnt too many times going to hip hop legends only for them to be pretty poor. Would love to see him live, but would also be quite nervous!

I think Slowthai has a new album coming out, so he’s a big possibility?

I saw him in 2018 and he was great, I'm with you on being really underwhelmed by legends live - seen Wu Tang (and several members individually), seen De La Soul, Public Enemy, Kendrick etc. 

Nas is the best live rapper I've watched. Then Run The Jewels in 2nd. 

17 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I saw him in 2018 and he was great, I'm with you on being really underwhelmed by legends live - seen Wu Tang (and several members individually), seen De La Soul, Public Enemy, Kendrick etc. 

Nas is the best live rapper I've watched. Then Run The Jewels in 2nd. 

That’s a pretty big endorsement, RTJ live are crazy good!

Watching Wu-Tang and individual members live is like being in an abusive relationship, mostly always awful but keep going back anyway!

• Like 1