Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

Blur, Kasabian, 

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Definitely - theres plenty of those about too ... Jamie XX would be disappointing though he's rubbish live i've near unanimously heard

Prodigy are back on the road as of last night, check their instagram

I know, I posted it on the Kalorama thread. What I mean is that they may have had an exclusivity clause in their contract.

Jamie XX is ok live. Kasabian would be a good substitution - nowhere near as big as Florence in Spain but cheaper, on tour and a large proportion of the crowd would be Brits I'd imagine so they'd go down well. 

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

Definitely - theres plenty of those about too ... Jamie XX would be disappointing though he's rubbish live i've near unanimously heard

Prodigy are back on the road as of last night, check their instagram

Think the point instead was that it would be poor form to cancel as headliners of a local festival only to suddenly pop up as headliners of a different one nearby a couple of weeks later.

5 hours ago, DDave said:

Blur, Kasabian, 

I know, I posted it on the Kalorama thread. What I mean is that they may have had an exclusivity clause in their contract.

Jamie XX is ok live. Kasabian would be a good substitution - nowhere near as big as Florence in Spain but cheaper, on tour and a large proportion of the crowd would be Brits I'd imagine so they'd go down well. 

Kasabian not a bad shout

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

Think the point instead was that it would be poor form to cancel as headliners of a local festival only to suddenly pop up as headliners of a different one nearby a couple of weeks later.

ah yeah definitely - did not realise there was other nearby spanish shows

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I see you aren't allowed to bring in food. Had thought they were relaxed about that in Spain...

Last year at Primavera, one day security also checked my gum pack to make sure nothing is hidden there.

On the other days I was only lightly inspected tho

23 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

On Instagram the Cala Mijas account has started replying to people telling them to relax. Either she’s going to be fine or they’re buying time…

Can’t help but wonder why they wouldn’t say something less vague if so.

And on the last post they didn’t allow comments.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

boygenius would need to stay in europe just a few more days to fill in for Florence. 

boygenius would have flights, all their logistics etc booked to take their gear and crew back to the US most likely

its not as easy as them just staying a few more days

2 hours ago, gfa said:

boygenius would have flights, all their logistics etc booked to take their gear and crew back to the US most likely

its not as easy as them just staying a few more days

RW got Mumford and Sons to change their plans and come to Europe earlier to replace Stromae. You can never know

Edited by Ohad

11 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

The strokes performance at All Points East is getting panned. A lot of folk left early they were that annoyed by the sound....1000's apparently.

I saw them in 2019 also at APE and then again that Summer so could compare. It wasn’t their performance that was bad, it really was just the sound, so wouldn’t read anything into this.