Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

Overall its still decent value, but the long wait coupled with yesterdays Kalorama announcement has definitely put a downer on things. 

6 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

Interesting….  On Insta and FB it seems like they’ve taken away ‘Full line up’. Either trying to trick people to buy the tickets or realised they’re going to have to try to get someone else? I mean especially for that Friday…. There’s 4 acts on the main stage!

Yeah i noticed that they removed it from Instagram... its probably just a marketing ploy to entice people in youd expect. They probably sold enough tickets of the back of first annoucement that theyve just stopped spending the cash there. 

3 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

In my head Kalorama was the little brother of Mijas and when i booked Kalorama I was okay with getting maybe 75% of the Mijas lineup, so its interesting to see how its gone the other way.

But little brother based on what?

Edited by joaommaia

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Huh? Probably based on Kalorama having 3 stages and Calas Mijas having 4 stages last year.

And similar lineups. I had thought the same.

If you were thinking just about the electronic acts (that fourth stage), Cala Mijas was better. Otherwise, it was practically the same. And I preferred Kalorama's line-up, but it's just my opinion. Even the Portuguese offer was pretty solid.

Last Tour was co-producing Kalorama with the Portuguese House of Fun, but the portuguese decided to leave the festival. That's why Kalorama this year also has the electronic stage.

Edited by joaommaia

Since I really want to see The Strokes I'm not considering Kalorama. My only alternative is Rock en Seine, with plenty of acts that I'd want to see that won't be at Cala Mijas (Boygenius, Turnstile, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dry Cleaning, Wet Leg, Nova Twins, Gaz Coombes), but I very much prefer Andalucia to Paris and there's a very good chance of seeing all of the mentioned in the following years.

And yes, it's turning out to be a stinker year pretty much across the board.

4 minutes ago, clasher said:

Since I really want to see The Strokes I'm not considering Kalorama. My only alternative is Rock en Seine, with plenty of acts that I'd want to see that won't be at Cala Mijas (Boygenius, Turnstile, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dry Cleaning, Wet Leg, Nova Twins, Gaz Coombes), but I very much prefer Andalucia to Paris and there's a very good chance of seeing all of the mentioned in the following years.

And yes, it's turning out to be a stinker year pretty much across the board.

This is a great way of looking at it. 

55 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

If you were thinking just about the electronic acts (that fourth stage), Cala Mijas was better. Otherwise, it was practically the same. And I preferred Kalorama's line-up, but it's just my opinion. Even the Portuguese offer was pretty solid.

Last Tour was co-producing Kalorama with the Portuguese House of Fun, but the portuguese decided to leave the festival. That's why Kalorama this year also has the electronic stage.

Where have you seen that House of Fun left the festival? Not long ago, the promoter was on Blitz talking about 2023 edition.

4 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

Also Last Tour put on very well organised festivals which wins it for me. 

Certainly. Plus, for the price of a Rock en Seine weekend in Paris (and that's even without the Billie day), I can probably get Cala Mijas and the rest of the week strolling around Malaga, overindulging in tapas. I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal.

Edited by clasher

Just now, clasher said:

Certainly. Plus, for the price of a Rock en Seine weekend in Paris (and that's even without the Billie day), I can probably get Cala Mijas and the rest of the week strolling around Malaga, overindulging in tapas. I'd say that's a pretty sweet deal.

Absolutely. I'm heading to BBK again this year also so getting a good mix in. I'm looking at the Friday for La Cala and thinking il probably be pissed by the pool all day and have a ball so not much to complain about.

3 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

Where have you seen that House of Fun left the festival? Not long ago, the promoter was on Blitz talking about 2023 edition.

I didn't need to see it anywhere, but you can see on Kalorama's website that House of Fun logo is gone. And yes, when they announced the first names, House of Fun was still co-producing.

Edited by joaommaia

12 hours ago, Florence2010 said:

Just seen on FB sponsored… full line up. Im just really surprised at only 4 acts on the main stage for the Fri. And also if you compare to Kalorama we are missing one direct replacement for the YYYs. 

AF1EEA0C-BE08-408F-9C2D-7445E9D7A608.png

Si entras en su Fb no pone full line up,solo lo pone en ese anuncio que pone "publicidad",que debe ser anterior,ya que en principio sí salió como "full lineup",pero tanto en FB, Instagram y Twitter lo borraron y pusieron el anuncio que hay actualmente,en el que no pone full lineup,se limita a decir que un montón de grupos se añaden al cartel...

12 hours ago, Giovanni said:

Well, last year there were 4 artists on the main stage every day expect the Nick Cave's day which had 3... 

Yes but to be fair last year on Nick Cave’s day they Nick Cave, Chemical Brothers, Kraftwork and Hot Chip all on the same day 😅. It’s just the Strokes day really this year. Also the Friday does seem unbalanced vs the Thursday and Saturday. I think I’m just naively hopeful the YYYs will still be announced 😂

Edited by Florence2010

First,sorry for my english...

I think that the separation by days is unbalanced, Thursday is very good with arcade fire, foals, idles, moderat and Siouxsie. But on Friday, apart from strokes, Amyl and Lory, I see it a little weak, a couple of artists are missing and that's where YYY and M83 should come in, Saturday is good but it's not to my liking, a lot of reggaeton and no rock. said, unbalanced.

Resultado web con enlaces de sitio

image.png

29 minutes ago, josemalaga said:

First,sorry for my english...

I think that the separation by days is unbalanced, Thursday is very good with arcade fire, foals, idles, moderat and Siouxsie. But on Friday, apart from strokes, Amyl and Lory, I see it a little weak, a couple of artists are missing and that's where YYY and M83 should come in, Saturday is good but it's not to my liking, a lot of reggaeton and no rock. said, unbalanced.

Resultado web con enlaces de sitio

image.png

I’ve had this email….looks like it is complete with nothing being added on Strokes day…

919AF275-EF4E-4457-9F09-2A2413A0E0AC.png

14 hours ago, Florence2010 said:

Just seen on FB sponsored… full line up. Im just really surprised at only 4 acts on the main stage for the Fri. And also if you compare to Kalorama we are missing one direct replacement for the YYYs. 

AF1EEA0C-BE08-408F-9C2D-7445E9D7A608.png

I don't think these are stage splits, since there were four stages last year, also the number of artists by "stage" really differs from one day to another. They won't put all of the biggest names on one stage. Artists from the first two blocks will play stages 1-3, only La Caleta is mentioned as a separate electronic stage for now (for example, like The Loop at Mad Cool poster)