Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

I'm not sure 30 is enough any more.  5 groups of 6 in the main sale - if they're lucky they'll hit the site 3/4 times they're doing amazingly well but they're still regrouping for the resale.  As you said above they don't need cc details up front any more - so if everyone in the group gets 5-10 extra people (who don't want tickets) helping then suddenly they have 200 people trying for 5 sets of tickets. 

That takes a lot of coordination, but some very large groups are going to steam-roll this.  Suckers trying for 6 tickets by themselves are going to vanish.

That was my thought when they first announced the new changes.  It was already seemingly heading that way anyway - lots of big groups of people getting tickets every year, and now I fear this is only going to increase.  But still, better than a ballot, I guess. Then we'd be really screwed.

Edited by Lubic87

1 minute ago, Nick_ said:

I don't understand this at all. Are you saying people can't just buy a single ticket?

Of course they can 🙂  I'm saying that if it's one person trying for one ticket they'll be incredibly lucky if they get through - it won't be impossible though

2 minutes ago, Nick_ said:

I don't understand this at all. Are you saying people can't just buy a single ticket?

Yes but these are the people most effected by this. 1 person trying on their own now for 1 ticket has basically no chance.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I'm almost certainly being a dumb ass, but I don't understand what difference it makes

Because you dont need to give people financial data anymore. Just the reg number and postcode.

I could go out and round up a load of homeless people and stick them in an internet cafe to try for me in October risk free. Give them 2 quid for a hostel each.

Or if you're in college or school in a computer room. Or a big office. Get everyone trying for you.

Edited by The Nal

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Of course they can 🙂  I'm saying that if it's one person trying for one ticket they'll be incredibly lucky if they get through - it won't be impossible though

Thanks, both.  I don't get all this at all, yet.

Just now, Skip997 said:

I'm almost certainly being a dumb ass, but I don't understand what difference it makes

I'd like my sister in a different country to help me get tickets - it'd involve me sending money to a different country afterwards and she's never been bothered.  If she knew she just needed to put in reg and postcode and tick a few boxes then she'd be a lot more likely to help.  The email then comes to me and I pay the money - so I could ask many people to help now, whereas before I'd have to ask them to pay upfront for me and then transfer money afterwards - a lot more effort on their part.  A friend of a friend could try for me now without even thinking about do they trust I'll pay them back.

5 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Has anything actually been said that this new method is being rolled out indefinitely? It could be something they do for the resale only due to huge demand Vs available tickets.

This is what I was thinking. surely that much more traffic to the website for the main sale wouldn't be something they want

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I'd like my sister in a different country to help me get tickets - it'd involve me sending money to a different country afterwards and she's never been bothered.  If she knew she just needed to put in reg and postcode and tick a few boxes then she'd be a lot more likely to help.  The email then comes to me and I pay the money - so I could ask many people to help now, whereas before I'd have to ask them to pay upfront for me and then transfer money afterwards - a lot more effort on their part.  A friend of a friend could try for me now without even thinking about do they trust I'll pay them back.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Some people were concerned that influencers could use their large platform to give their details out and then have their followers try for them.

I personally can't see this being too much of a regular occurrence although I'm not ruling out that it could happen.

2 minutes ago, rgill3 said:

Some people were concerned that influencers could use their large platform to give their details out and then have their followers try for them.

I personally can't see this being too much of a regular occurrence although I'm not ruling out that it could happen.

Influencers, the Twitch gaming guys etc. A mess.

Obviously just trialing it for October but if it stays the festival is hugely changed forever.

51 minutes ago, LR10416 said:

No I mean I put in for two reg numbers at 5:59 when the direct link to the thurs option went early, but when I selected city and clicked proceed it kicked me back to holding. But someone else was then successful for the same reg numbers a few mins later, so it didn't lock them out or anything.

Exactly the same happened to me. When you were then refreshing the the holding page, did you get a pop up about resubmitting a form?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Nal said:

madness to be honest and open to huge levels of abuse.

Yeah. Won’t take long before someone cottons on that they can post somewhere online they’ve got the booking page and can charge £100 or more via PayPal etc to put someone’s reg details in. 

8 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Yeah. Won’t take long before someone cottons on that they can post somewhere online they’ve got the booking page and can charge £100 or more via PayPal etc to put someone’s reg details in. 

Spammers advertising "Glastonbury sale help - 500 agents ready to get your ticket. 98% success rate" etc.