Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Arctics: 80%
only seen them once in 2006 when they subbed I think Muse at Reading fest. Always wanted to see them again, just never got round to it. If there’s nothing else I REALLY want to see I’ll go see them. Can always try and sleuth out a cheaper ticket to the Emirates shows on Twickets to make sure I get to see them anyway

GnR: 99.9%
seen them since the partial reformation on first leg of the tour and loved it. Don’t really want to pay £100+ to see them at Hyde Park. Time for Slash to get his rightful place headlining the Pyramid stage, crack a few cans and have fun with this one! One of my all time fave bands and the family can join me for the 2nd half when they’ll play the songs THEY want to hear.

Reggie McRegface: 100%
saw him at the home of football Vicarage Road stadium last year and thought it was a really good show. This will go down as a mega set for the ages I think on the Phramid, lst ever UK gig. Wouldn’t miss it for the world.

11 minutes ago, sisco said:

Arctic Monkeys - 95% - Loved their older stuff, was so messed up I can’t remember a single thing of 2013 and my mates all want to see them. 

Guns N Roses - 50% - It will really depend who else is on, wouldn’t mind seeing them for the intrigue or even a bit of their set.  Again a few of my friends are very keen to see them. 

Elton John - 100% - Nothing will keep me away even if it’s alone.  Oddly the one my friends are least bothered about seeing. 

Guess there are people who like the headliners  then after all, and Gnomicide a page back!

---

40% AM - Will happily see them again but would be surprised if there isn't something else on

10% GNR - No real interest but could give them a go, think its very unlikely there won't be someone against them who is a better option.

20% Elton - same as GNR but more of a legend so more likely to choose to go over someone else i'm not too fussed over

I also find it interesting that a lot of people are citing GnR at Reading/Leeds for a reason not to go and see them. I mean, I get it, I was there at Reading and left halfway through due to the delays and awful performance, but they're not the same band as they were back then. They've played copious amount of shows over the past few years and been punctual and on better form.

Worth a shot if you like them IMO.

AM: 50% - Loved them for years but seeing them at the Emirates and finding them more boring live than I used to. I don't think they'll be able to top 2013 either. Will go elsewhere if there's an interesting option.

GnR:  90% - Was supposed to see them in London a few years ago but then Covid happened and I sold the tickets. Really, really looking forward to them especially as I'll be with a mate who loves them more than I do.

Elton: 80% - Will be a huge event and I wouldn't want to miss him on the Pyramid. Saw him last year and really enjoyed his show in Hyde Park. Unless QOTSA are up against him on the Other I'll almost certainly be there. 

Pretty good odds on a Pyramid hat-trick...

Edited by JA_Watts

8 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

I do find it interesting that people are saying that Guns aren’t a good choice for headliner because they haven’t released any new music in years, when they literally have. Granted, it’s only 2 new singles, but they have been played live at every show since they were released in 2021 

So that's two songs no one will know 

10 minutes ago, theouterlimits said:

I do find it interesting that people are saying that Guns aren’t a good choice for headliner because they haven’t released any new music in years, when they literally have. Granted, it’s only 2 new singles, but they have been played live at every show since they were released in 2021 

This is essentially the same as when the stone roses released those two singles around 2012 wouldn't you say. Its not like anybody knows these songs as Neil said^

2 minutes ago, JA_Watts said:

I also find it interesting that a lot of people are citing GnR at Reading/Leeds for a reason not to go and see them. I mean, I get it, I was there at Reading and left halfway through due to the delays and awful performance, but they're not the same band as they were back then. They've played copious amount of shows over the past few years and been punctual and on better form.

Worth a shot if you like them IMO

But if you don’t like them that much to begin with and already gave them a shot, why would you give them another? That’s my reasoning after attempting to see them at Reading 2010. They were so late and so awful when they fid come on. Never again 

6 minutes ago, JA_Watts said:

they're not the same band as they were back then. They've played copious amount of shows over the past few years and been punctual and on better form.

Uhhhh

https://www.mylondon.news/news/north-london-news/guns-n-roses-tottenham-stadium-24383796

I won't even post the Sweet Child o' Mine video, we've all been subjected to it enough

Edited by BenG92

1 minute ago, gfa said:

This is essentially the same as when the stone roses released those two singles around 2012 wouldn't you say. Its not like anybody knows these songs as Neil said^

As with most headliners (unless you’re an actual super fan of the band) the vast majority of the audience will know that big 5/6 songs.  Will be no different for GNR.

Actually looked on Twitter last night at some responses to the stories of them headlining.  Most seem genuinely happy 

1 minute ago, GeezLouise said:

But if you don’t like them that much to begin with and already gave them a shot, why would you give them another? That’s my reasoning after attempting to see them at Reading 2010. They were so late and so awful when they fid come on. Never again 

Yep, fair enough. 

The fact it's Glasto can add an extra sprinkling of specialness but appreciate it doesn't count for much more if you're not a fan. 

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

So that's two songs no one will know 

It's a shame his voice is a mess. I think they would be good to see for nostalgic reasons... but headlinging im not so sure about. I much prefer them to taylor fucking swift though. So its horses for courses really... efests seems to hate them but I guarantee the field is packed to watch them. 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Again, your own gig is very different to a festival. At Glastonbury people will wander off elsewhere.  

And? They've done it plenty of times at festivals, they've already been paid

Just now, JA_Watts said:

Ha, forgot about this. Wasn't that more related to problems at the stadium itself as opposed to the band? 

I think the first day there were problems getting everyone in which caused a delay, but the second day was just GNR being GNR 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Again, your own gig is very different to a festival. At Glastonbury people will wander off elsewhere.  

its funny that their fans didn't seem to expect them to be late.

1 minute ago, Jose Pose said:

Again, and they’ll care because?

Would you like me to agree? Say ok they’ll defo be late, the BBC will cut the feed, the crowd will just disappear?  Or go with the much more realistic…. They’ll be on time?

Just now, DeanoL said:

And why were those gigs starting so early? 6.45pm? That's early for a support to be on let alone the main act. No support? Or do they just get tired early?

GNR play 3 hour shows, they need to start early, all jokes aside about 2 of those hours being the wait for the band

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

It's a shame his voice is a mess. I think they would be good to see for nostalgic reasons... but headlinging im not so sure about. I much prefer them to taylor fucking swift though. So its horses for courses really... efests seems to hate them but I guarantee the field is packed to watch them. 

the field was busy for metalica and jay-z, it didn't stay that way for either of those.

Fuck it:

Arctic Monkeys: 0% Have always disliked their output, does nothing for me and happy to be elsewhere.

Guns n Roses: 50% Loved Appetite for Destruction in my 20s, saw em live a few years ago (maybe 10 now?) and they were a lot of fun. Appreciate it might be a car crash and my mates might sway me elsewhere easily. Could be one I see for half the set maybe.

Elton John: 70% Fully deserving of the slot and the Sunday night placing means I'm quite likely to go. Would enjoy the hits and dill danding comedy aspect. But equally wouldn't be upset to miss it and watch it on telly when I get back.

Could be my first year of seeing no Pyramid headliners!