2024 Headliners

26 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Of course they should be creative and imaginative, otherwise it just becomes another Leeds/Reading/Download/Latitude/Coachella/APE etc, etc

Why do they need to sell over 100,000 tickets? I've always said Glastonbury will sell out regardless and IMO a couple of years of imagination and creativity, re headliners (and the Pyramid lineup overall) would change the dynamic for the better.

The creative industries are still creative

If they were doing it you wouldn't have people questioning it  (above)

1 minute ago, Franky said:

Seriously? Do you come here often? 

The K to the L to the mutha f**kin F 

🤷‍♂️

They don't exist to book

3 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

I'm genuinely trying to think of "creative" headline bookings the festival has made in the past twenty years: Jay Z was one. 

Since 2004 we've had: Oasis, Paul McCartney (x2), Muse (x3), The White Stripes, Coldplay (x2), Arctic Monkeys (x3), The Killers (x3), The Who (x2), Kings of Leon, Jay Z, The Verve, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, Blur, Stevie Wonder, U2, Beyonce, The Stones, Mumfords, Arcade Fire, Kasabian, Metallica, Kanye, Adele, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Ed Sheeran, Stormzy, The Killers, The Cure, Billie Eilish, Kendrick Lamar, Guns n Roses and Elton. 

Tbh, I think the festival's headliner pool has been much more diverse recently. In the early 00s it was either classic rock, indie rock, or alternative rock. 

And that list (Jay X and Metallica aside) doesn’t strike you as firstly repetitive and secondly very samey! 

It’s just boring. Do something different. Anyway as mentioned I don’t even go for the music but just once (2014 aside, that I didn’t even get to go to in the end) it would be nice to be excited about watching 3 acts in headline slots each night, Fri, Sat and Sun. 

7 minutes ago, Franky said:

And that list (Jay X and Metallica aside) doesn’t strike you as firstly repetitive and secondly very samey! 

It’s just boring. Do something different. Anyway as mentioned I don’t even go for the music but just once (2014 aside, that I didn’t even get to go to in the end) it would be nice to be excited about watching 3 acts in headline slots each night, Fri, Sat and Sun. 

You can't seriously be complaining about boring bookings and then in the next sentence suggest that Kasabian was a rare example of a creative headliner??

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

You can't seriously be complaining about boring bookings and then in the next sentence suggest that Kasabian was a rare example of a creative headliner??

Eh ? Never mention them mate. Utter pants in my opinion for what it’s worth though. 

Eh ? Never mention them mate. Utter pants in my opinion for what it’s worth though. 

Ah sorry, I thought you were talking about Pyramid headliners. I guess you mean headliners on any stage?

Correctamundo 

Still, pretty wild that you rarely have a trio of headliners to be excited about. Turn off the KLF records and listen to something new.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

😭😭😭 Why won’t the biggest and best festival in the world book some random shite to headline instead of the biggest artists in the world?! 😭😭😭

Exactly !!!! Gotta start thinking out of the box 

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Still, pretty wild that you rarely have a trio of headliners to be excited about. Turn off the KLF records and listen to something new.

Yea

Even I usually have a trio of headliners to get excited about, over the 3 largest stages (last year was a rare exception).

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Yea

Even I usually have a trio of headliners to get excited about, over the 3 largest stages (last year was a rare exception).

Last year was certainly one of the worst years, and it was the first time I’d managed to get a ticket since 2017 so maybe I’m a tad biased but still …. Come on ……

WHAT TIME IS LOVE 🕺🕺🕺🥳 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bring back Shakespear's Sister, Bob Geldolf and Level 42 to show the youth of today how its done properly 😭 

What a f**king shout !!! 

“Stay withhhhhh meeeee” 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Music is yesterday's news and old hat as an entertainment form.  Anyone still wanting it to top the bill is stuck in the wrong century imho.

To truly bring the festival up to date there's only one choice to top the bill:

440px-MrBeast_2023_(cropped).jpg

Maybe bring in a load of Twitch or Kick streamers as support acts.