2024 Headliners

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

She also wasn’t playing any festivals in ‘22 when she did Glastonbury, but yeah, I feel like she wouldn’t do that same thing twice - next time she plays Glastonbury it’s as part of a string of festival dates.

Fair enough, was just thinking with the argument around Taylor and Madonna being whether they can convert their big indoor shows to a Glasto headline one and the answer around here being no. Same must go for Rodders, unless she shows up with a band and doesn't headline.

Just now, 1986 said:

Fair enough, was just thinking with the argument around Taylor and Madonna being whether they can convert their big indoor shows to a Glasto headline one and the answer around here being no. Same must go for Rodders, unless she shows up with a band and doesn't headline.

My assumption is that O-Rod will be a rock show rather than a big, choreographed pop production - and so she can do it more or less anywhere.

13 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Friday - Coldplay

Saturday - Dua Lipa

Sunday - Madonna

It sounds/feels right.

I agree. There's balance there.

If Madonna bails (or wasn't realistic in the first place), from the names rumoured, I think the only one to fill that gap and restore some order to it would be Stevie Wonder.

34 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Without checking is there anything to stop Coldplay doing Friday?

Let’s face it, Chris won’t be picky about what night they play.

Plus, it leaves him free to collaborate with Saturday and Sunday night's headliners, MC for Fabio & Grooverider on Arcadia and litter pick on Monday morning

• Like 1

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Plus, it leaves him free to collaborate with Saturday and Sunday night's headliners, MC for Fabio & Grooverider on Arcadia and litter pick on Monday morning

That f**ker isn't allowed to leave until he's picked up every single discarded flashing wristband.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Dua Lipa and Coldplay would go down?

I think this would be a bit of a laughing stock, especially considering the inevitable comparisons to Elton/ McCartney. Obviously Rodrigo is huge but I wonder how many 'regular' people's exposure to her is having heard Good 4 u in a shop.

39 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I agree. There's balance there.

If Madonna bails (or wasn't realistic in the first place), from the names rumoured, I think the only one to fill that gap and restore some order to it would be Stevie Wonder.

Does anyone know where the Stevie Wonder rumour has even come from?  I can't find anything about him even being active or doing BST.

3 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

I think this would be a bit of a laughing stock, especially considering the inevitable comparisons to Elton/ McCartney. Obviously Rodrigo is huge but I wonder how many 'regular' people's exposure to her is having heard Good 4 u in a shop.

She’s got over 10bn streams. Maybe you aren't one of the “regular” people. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Does anyone know where the Stevie Wonder rumour has even come from?  I can't find anything about him even being active or doing BST.

I'm not sure there even is a rumour, think it was some AI heresay that's grown legs.

(Once again exposing the dangers of AI. Today they're saying Stevie Wonder for Glastonbury. Tomorrow it's Skynet)

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I'm not sure there even is a rumour, think it was some AI heresay that's grown legs.

(Once again exposing the dangers of AI. Today they're saying Stevie Wonder for Glastonbury. Tomorrow it's Skynet)

Annie Mac and Nick 'Grimmy' Grimshaw also discussed it on their podcast after interviewing Emily.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Oh wow so going forward we now have to work out the real rumours from AI rumours? 

This is the world we live in! 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Have I missed something, on the other side of the world at the moment, dipped in here to find this a hot topic.  Or is it just e fest speculation.  I need to know! 

Nothing has changed.  We've still got absolutely nothing 🙂 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

When the Terminators come they'll all be blasting out Signed, Sealed, Delivered.

Surely they'll be masterblasting?