2024 Headliners

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the other headline prospects - Coldplay, Dua Lipa, The 1975 - Madonna doing a hits show is far and away the most exciting. Couldn't give a f**k that she won't have live drums.

After the previous few posts I thought you'd written:

"Madonna doing a tits show is far and away the most exciting. Couldn't give a f**k that she won't have live drums."

Apologies. 😆

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

After the previous few posts I thought you'd written:

"Madonna doing a tits show is far and away the most exciting. Couldn't give a f**k that she won't have live drums."

Apologies. 😆

Well it would be a trending topic on Twitter if nothing else.

... or indeed whatever Twitter is called by June assuming it hasn't collapsed

I'm all for Madonna and would more than likely be at Pymild. But I'm not gonna pretend it would be as exciting knowing she's miming for a large majority with pre-recording music.

Most other major artists put the effort in and deliver an excellent live show. One of the best things about some of the mega stars performances down the years is their backing band too, who are usually the cream of the crop. See Bowie 2000 for reference. 

That, alongside their live performance is what sets them apart. 

It would take a massive shine off it if there's pre-recorded drums, guitar, etc with her just prancing about. Poor show really, for someone who's the biggest female pop star ever.

(Lady Gaga pisses on her anyway 👀)

Looking at some of the stats for these shows, and given how carefully choreographed the show will be, it seems doubtful this could transfer to the Pyramid without significant change:

4,400 square feet of stage, the largest for any Madonna tour. Inspired by the grid of Manhattan with Uptown, Downtown, Midtown, East and West stages.
3 Layered circular stage where the traditional main stage would be, inspired by the wedding cake of Madonna's original VMA performance.
230 Feet of combined length of catwalk that gets Madonna 105 feet far into the venue.

14 Spotlights for Madonna and over 600 intelligent lights to light the stage and arena with over 8800 lighting cues
3600 Square feet of projection imagery to the show. The most amount of video ever used in a Madonna show.
30 Feet off the ground - Madonna is transported around the arena in an illuminated portal frame that acts as a time machine allowing her to move at 1.5 feet per second, 80 feet across and 130 feet down the length of the arena designed to symbolise looking into the past, present and towards the future.

24 Onstage performers
1 Extraordinary drag queen
8th Tour partnering with director Jamie King
1 Stuart Price reunion (producer)
4 of Madonna's children on stage

Madonna's 'The Celebration Tour': Everything we know (planetradio.co.uk)

I imagine there'll be a shed load of dancers prancing about and most of her fans won't miss a live band in the slightest. 

One of the shows with the highest attendance this year is 4 holograms. On the one hand, people aren't nearly as fickle as they should be about these things, but on the other, as long as people are enjoying themselves, does it really matter?

And as I'm typing this, @henry bearbeats me to it with actual info.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bunch of lads discussing a performer's tits isn't a great vibe.

Oh come on… are you looking for the next thing to be offended by? 

Madonna has put her ‘tits’ front and centre as a discussion point as part of her career. From the arrival of her cone bra in the 90’s to nude instagram pics recently. I’d possibly agree with you if it was another performer, but not Madonna! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Oh come on… are you looking for the next thing to be offended by? 

Madonna has put her ‘tits’ front and centre as a discussion point as part of her career. From the arrival of her cone bra in the 90’s to nude instagram pics recently. I’d possibly agree with you if it was another performer, but not Madonna! 

Not offended in the slightest. Its just not a great look.

Maybe it's relevant if it's actually part of the show or if she strips off on El Pointo.

But until then it's giving huge bunch of dweebs.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Are you looking to the next thing to be offended by"

Huge Lozza Fox energy 👏 

Oh ffs… I couldn’t be further on the opposite side of the woke meter to that idiot… I despise him and all he stands for. I’m a gay man who’s followed Madonna since I was a teen, defending dweebs talking about her tits… it’s really not the big misogynistic deal you think it is. 

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not offended in the slightest. Its just not a great look.

Maybe it's relevant if it's actually part of the show or if she strips off on El Pointo.

But until then it's giving huge bunch of dweebs.

To the extent they've been mentioned on here and in what context, it's hardly been "ladsladslads phwoooaaar Madonna's tits bro", has it. That wouldn't be a good look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Looking at some of the stats for these shows, and given how carefully choreographed the show will be, it seems doubtful this could transfer to the Pyramid without significant change:

4,400 square feet of stage, the largest for any Madonna tour. Inspired by the grid of Manhattan with Uptown, Downtown, Midtown, East and West stages.
3 Layered circular stage where the traditional main stage would be, inspired by the wedding cake of Madonna's original VMA performance.
230 Feet of combined length of catwalk that gets Madonna 105 feet far into the venue.

14 Spotlights for Madonna and over 600 intelligent lights to light the stage and arena with over 8800 lighting cues
3600 Square feet of projection imagery to the show. The most amount of video ever used in a Madonna show.
30 Feet off the ground - Madonna is transported around the arena in an illuminated portal frame that acts as a time machine allowing her to move at 1.5 feet per second, 80 feet across and 130 feet down the length of the arena designed to symbolise looking into the past, present and towards the future.

24 Onstage performers
1 Extraordinary drag queen
8th Tour partnering with director Jamie King
1 Stuart Price reunion (producer)
4 of Madonna's children on stage

Madonna's 'The Celebration Tour': Everything we know (planetradio.co.uk)

She goes for the spectacle and tbf I'd expect nothing less. Any such Glastonbury production is gonna have to be significantly revised, but I'd have thought both performer and stage designer would know this.