2024 Headliners

9 hours ago, stuie said:

Sounds to me like the ‘people in the know’ don’t have much of a clue. 

And the rest of us have been standing by our beds for 24 hours as instructed 😂

Or they’re dead right and two have been locked in for ages while the third has changed

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Billy Joel's Cardiff gig is in August.

O-Rod's tour finishes June 23rd in Lisbon.

SZA is in London Glastonbury weekend.

When you look at it like that... 

Billy Joel would almost certainly be a fly-in regardless, so Cardiff isn't all that relevant.. If you look at his schedule, he very rarely does anything that resembles an actual tour (or even multiple nights) - just lots of one off shows, always at least a week and usually 2+ apart.

That said, I doubt they've got him this year (am still hopefully for 2025).

34 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Is that genuinely all there is to the SZA in, Coldplay out noise?

As far as I can see. I was at home yesterday and had a fair bit of time on my hands and I haven’t seen anything else.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think there's any Coldplay out noise.  I made a joke about it being funny if it had happened, but I don't think anyone thinks it has.

There was a bit of excited chat on the other place but it did just seem to come from one poster not including them in a guess, another poster going ‘have they dropped out?’ and then the usual pile on.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean, I guess it's not unlikely they would fall on their sword as a favour to Emily if she had three other ace cards in her hands. But the Madonna - Stevie goose chase suggests that that's far from the case.

I can’t see it. From their POV, I know they love the farm and all that, but without any other U.K. gigs this year it’s a huge thing for them in terms of exposure. They may not be touring in 2025 either. From GFLs POV if they’re going from Madonna or Stevie W to KOL/SZA/O-Rod Coldplay are the anchor. Having the biggest ticket shifter around that isn’t called T Swift on the bill becomes an even bigger deal than before.

50 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Just read back, thought I’d seen more rumblings but it was just your quip and Megabowl referencing Coldplay chatter in Discord. 

I saw big Billy Joel getting mentioned earlier too, is this just more wild speculation or has there been something of substance?

I mentioned Billy Joel yesterday but it was just pure wild unfounded speculation based only on the fact that he’s been doing shows with Stevie Nicks in the states. Since everyone else was indulging in unfounded speculation I thought I might as well join in😉😊, you never know I might be correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Theorising about SZA….

Olivia Rodrigo seems the absolute obvious choice to me but she’s been very deliberate about her touring so far, what if she doesn’t feel ready? I know she enjoyed Glastonbury in 2022 and her tour dates line up but what if she’s got a plan to visit and watch a headline gig or two before taking the step up next year?

KOL on the surface would be insane to turn down headlining at this stage in their career. But what if they’re tied up with the contracts for their Arena/Silverstone/Bristol gigs?

What if the only slot SZA will take now is headlining?

(strokes chin thoughtfully)

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

It really just seems like another pretty unsubstantiated one. 

Falls into the category of "possible enough to be true, wild enough to get you talking".

If SZA is there in some capacity it'll be a great booking. 

We are definitely so dry on genuine info at the moment that it's hard to know what to believe anymore. 

She’s massive as well. 70 mil on Spotify. Not that it’s everything but she is huge. I’d be happy with that booking

28 minutes ago, Franky said:

With all these rumoured bands and acts dropping out I tell you who could come to the rescue, again …..

PHM 🕺🕺🕺 Bring it boys

29 minutes ago, Franky said:

With all these rumoured bands and acts dropping out I tell you who could come to the rescue, again …..

PHM 🕺🕺🕺 Bring it boys. 

Been saying to my group for months. This is the time. Glastonbury this year. Seen them the last two times they’ve played together 😂. Very lucky and very random. Coachella was the best ever 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Theorising about SZA….

Olivia Rodrigo seems the absolute obvious choice to me but she’s been very deliberate about her touring so far, what if she doesn’t feel ready? I know she enjoyed Glastonbury in 2022 and her tour dates line up but what if she’s got a plan to visit and watch a headline gig or two before taking the step up next year?

KOL on the surface would be insane to turn down headlining at this stage in their career. But what if they’re tied up with the contracts for their Arena/Silverstone/Bristol gigs?

What if the only slot SZA will take now is headlining?

(strokes chin thoughtfully)

So I’m confused now… what’s locked and what’s not locked by the people in the know. Seemed to be suggestions there that Coldplay are out. 

Just now, stuie said:

So I’m confused now… what’s locked and what’s not locked by the people in the know. Seemed to be suggestions there that Coldplay are out. 

Nobody has seriously suggested that Coldplay are out. Just a joke and some miscommunication.

8 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Good point. O-Rod has no festival dates in her schedule and has just started a world tour. There’s a good argument that her dates line up much better for a headline set in 2025.

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

I think the alleged Little Stevie pull out has thrown people a wobbler. Like you've been saying all along, we actually know nothing really.

Personally I think it's hilarious with 116 days until the gates open.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think the alleged Little Stevie pull out has thrown people a wobbler. Like you've been saying all along, we actually know nothing really.

Personally I think it's hilarious with 116 days until the gates open.

I’m personally not convinced Madonna is or was ever out the frame 🙈🫣

Edited by MichaelsBeard

Just now, MichaelsBeard said:

I’m personally not convinced Madonna is or was ever out the frame 🙈🫣

Yay someone’s come up my hill to die on! I’ve been banging this drum since forever 😂😂

• Thanks 1