Neighbourhood Weekender 2023

badleg08

First wave came out on Friday.

B68576CE-6304-4187-994C-6E48F1A5706B.thumb.png.687f1e2886309438d42735c6f71feb58.png

Big one to snag the first Pulp festival gig of the reunion. Lots of standard middle-lineup fodder but great to see Heaton and Abbott up top and surprised but happy to see Confidence Man appear in what looks a decent slot. What’s everyone thinking? 

Edited by TommyLC

20 minutes ago, TommyLC said:

First wave came out on Friday.

B68576CE-6304-4187-994C-6E48F1A5706B.thumb.png.687f1e2886309438d42735c6f71feb58.png

Big one to snag the first Pulp festival gig of the reunion. Lots of standard middle-lineup fodder but great to see Heaton and Abbott up top and surprised but happy to see Confidence Man appear in what looks a decent slot. What’s everyone thinking? 

Very average for next year for my tastes, although the dates are most convenient to see pulp. So depending on price will go on the sunday. Festival tickets have had a big increase, as even latitiude is close to £280. So perhaps looking at 70-80 quid for this now.

I would take Pulp & Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot at the festivals I will be going to this year. The dates of this do not work for me clashing with Muse in Plymouth.

Good to see Inspirals are likely to be active at festivals next year and also good to see Self Esteem getting a higher slot then she was getting at most places this year.

Heaton and Abbot are an incredibly weak main headliner for this i've got to say. They played 4th down at IOW last year - below Pete Tong (headline), Kasabian (sub) and Blossoms (3rd) on the friday, which is usually a weaker day for IOW.

Kasabian was main headliner and Blossoms the co-head for Neighbourhood Weekender in 2022 - for a IOW 4th down to take same position as the IOW sub its pretty poor ...

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

Heaton and Abbot are an incredibly weak main headliner for this i've got to say. They played 4th down at IOW last year - below Pete Tong (headline), Kasabian (sub) and Blossoms (3rd) on the friday, which is usually a weaker day for IOW.

Kasabian was main headliner and Blossoms the co-head for Neighbourhood Weekender in 2022 - for a IOW 4th down to take same position as the IOW sub its pretty poor ...

Think they’re almost billing it as a triple headliners. Not saying it makes it any better.

I love Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott but they headlined the second stage in 2021 so it is a surprise to see them that high. Think the day has enough about it to sell well though and would be surprised if Sunday didn’t sell out. 

• 1 month later...

Do we think this is the full lineup or will more names be added?

I’m really tempted because it’s so early in the season and I’ve never seen Pulp, Beautiful South or The Enemy. I reckon Sugababes would be a giggle mid afternoon as well. 

My only reservation is that it’s at the same price point as Truck and Tramlines but you get a day less festival. Will wait see what their lineups look like when they announce in the new year. 

22 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Do we think this is the full lineup or will more names be added?

I’m really tempted because it’s so early in the season and I’ve never seen Pulp, Beautiful South or The Enemy. I reckon Sugababes would be a giggle mid afternoon as well. 

My only reservation is that it’s at the same price point as Truck and Tramlines but you get a day less festival. Will wait see what their lineups look like when they announce in the new year. 

Could see some reasonably sized additions but nobody too major. No idea how well they've sold but obviously self esteem is a weak support on the sunday (after they spent all their money on Pulp no doubt)

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:01 AM, Kaboom Boxer said:

Who would you class as reasonably sized? Like equivalent to who on the current lineup?

Could maybe see a sub added for Pulp if its doing badly but the first date is already quite stacked. Probably no logo bands

Here's their second announcement from last time - biggest act added was Manics who are 4th on the co-headliner day

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZhWNnfqb06/?hl=en

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Anyone been before and can advise on size / logistics? Could you easily watch part of one band then walk across and watch the rest of another? 

Yeah certainly, it isn't a huge site, doesn't take too long at all to get from one stage to another - The Big Top is the opposite end of the site to the Main Stage, found this photo online of the site last year from above, hopefully that helps a bit.

354742404.thumb.jpg.99e51ed36a46f85ae9380ef3dd3c1dfa.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:30 PM, sheffinghell said:

Stage splits

IMG_20230424_232928.jpg

For those that have been in previous years how much overlap will the acts on different stages have? I want to see as much if Paul Heaton, Wombats, Kooks and The Enemy as possible. How much balancing am I likely to be able to do? Completely head to head or offset?

On 4/25/2023 at 3:49 PM, stanh said:

Surely Paul Heaton will be empty against The Wombats?

It's certainly a risk

On 4/27/2023 at 6:59 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

For those that have been in previous years how much overlap will the acts on different stages have? I want to see as much if Paul Heaton, Wombats, Kooks and The Enemy as possible. How much balancing am I likely to be able to do? Completely head to head or offset?

Last year the second top band in the big top started half an hour after the main stage second top band.

But with moving over there you'd miss another 10 mins of one of them, more if you choose to watch the end of the one starting later as the rest of the crowd will be moving.

For enjoyment I'd recommend choosing one or the other. I'd also highly recommend The Enemy from my experience in September! 

Almost exact crossover on the headliners 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the info email telling me I need to book parking in advance, but also that parking is already sold out for Sunday 🤦‍♂️

I assume my only option is to park in Warrington City Centre? Anyone with local knowledge recommend anywhere? Thanks

22 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

Just had the info email telling me I need to book parking in advance, but also that parking is already sold out for Sunday 🤦‍♂️

I assume my only option is to park in Warrington City Centre? Anyone with local knowledge recommend anywhere? Thanks

Sunday parking tickets available on See Tickets

• 4 weeks later...