Finsbury Park 2023

gfa

thanks both for the quick reply. 

what time do you think Pulp will start? I do see it's far and low chance to make it but still wonder when the concerts in Crystal Palace might ends, will there be 2-4 hours gap from doors opening until concerts starts or 2-3 hours gap between each concert? there are 3 hours difference between doors opening time. guess I'll have to wait closer to this date to know

Edited by amfest12

2 hours ago, amfest12 said:

Hi,

Never been in Finsbury or Crystal Palace Park and I already have ticket for this event that I didn't find too much information since it was announced and it's on the same day as Pulp.

I would like to ask when usually headliners start in Finsbury park and when schedule is announced for this kind of events and if you think that the event in Crystal Palace acctually might be as in it's name an afternoon event that won't end late? there are only 3 acts there and doors opens at 13:00 so wonder if still Iggy Pop will start at 19:00/20:00+ or earlier and it might possible to catch Pulp later that day..

Thanks

FB_IMG_1675241814447.jpg

Don't bother doing this, silly idea

Pulp will be 9-10:30, Iggy Pop probably similar.

Even if Iggy Pop ended at 9 the last entry at Pulp would probably be around 9:30 and you'd never make it in time. Its over an hour on the train between the two. Just focus on one

Doors will either get changed to later or more supports will be added for Iggy Pop

Edited by gfa

16 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

So do we think we will get at least one more band for the Pulp gig? If doors are at 4pm, Wet Leg say on 5pm-6.30pm, time for another band 7pm-8.30pm then Pulp 9pm-10.30pm? (or a smaller band on first then Wet Leg)

Presumably given Jamie T's supports have been announced, there's schedule space for one (maybe even two) extra acts and any such additional acts for Pulp might well be announced as coming along soon enough.

How many, I'm less sure of. It does seem like it's not quite at the level of being a full-on 10 hour fest in the mould of when QOTSA did Finsbury in 2018.

Much as I'm mainly just hoping for extra tickets or failing that striking lucky on Twickets.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:56 AM, amfest12 said:

thanks both for the quick reply. 

what time do you think Pulp will start? I do see it's far and low chance to make it but still wonder when the concerts in Crystal Palace might ends, will there be 2-4 hours gap from doors opening until concerts starts or 2-3 hours gap between each concert? there are 3 hours difference between doors opening time. guess I'll have to wait closer to this date to know

Honestly, if you've already got tickets for the Iggy Pop and Blondie date at Crystal Palace and wanted to see Pulp, I'd recommend going elsewhere to London due to the simultaneous dates. Dog Day Afternoon to me just sounds like a brand name rather than it being a sign that they'll be done by half five.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Presumably given Jamie T's supports have been announced, there's schedule space for one (maybe even two) extra acts and any such additional acts for Pulp might well be announced as coming along soon enough.

How many, I'm less sure of. It does seem like it's not quite at the level of being a full-on 10 hour fest in the mould of when QOTSA did Finsbury in 2018.

Much as I'm mainly just hoping for extra tickets or failing that striking lucky on Twickets.

Cheers. Hope you get tickets sorted. Sure there will be a few floating about closer to the time

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I’d imagine there will be more.  For instance Sam Fenders day last year had 2 stages.  Wouldn’t actually surprise me if Jamie T’s does too

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

11 hours ago, sisco said:

I’d imagine there will be more.  For instance Sam Fenders day last year had 2 stages.  Wouldn’t actually surprise me if Jamie T’s does too

Agreed it needs it to help sell - Pulp sold out straight away, will be a few more acts added max

I wonder if having the 2nd stage open increases their allowed capacity as if so then maybe there would be to flog more tickets

On 2/7/2023 at 8:51 PM, Flaminglippy said:

So do we think we will get at least one more band for the Pulp gig? If doors are at 4pm, Wet Leg say on 5pm-6.30pm, time for another band 7pm-8.30pm then Pulp 9pm-10.30pm? (or a smaller band on first then Wet Leg)

Absolutely no chance of support acts getting the same amount of time as Pulp.

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

How much do we think The 1975 tickets will be?

I reckon about £65

The support isn't really that big so can't see why it would be much more than that

edit - awful support vs last time too imo and not very gender split, quite a weird choice imo

Edited by gfa

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I reckon about £65

The support isn't really that big so can't see why it would be much more than that

edit - awful support vs last time too imo and not very gender split, quite a weird choice imo

£65 would be a steal. I agree on the support, quite confused why they’ve chosen the acts they have.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I reckon about £65

I feel like an identical recreation of the last attempt at this one in 2020 might have been out of budget and price range, given some of the names they had along.

26 minutes ago, charlierc said:

One hour for Wet Leg as headline support, I'd have thought?

Aye, an hour for the main support checks out. Although if Pulp only play 90 minutes, I could potentially see Wet Leg doing only 45 minutes.

EDIT: Pulp played a couple of lengthy sets at Brixton last time around I think, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them go long for a big outdoor show this time out.

Edited by DomDom1984