Download 2024

FeverDream

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

They certainly were very good. 

Hence the frustration. The fact they would go down very well should give them the nod. 

Why are they being held to a higher standard than Avenged Sevenfold? And they do headline festivals in Europe already. There isn't a suitable size festival in the UK (as I was bemoaning earlier in this thread). Anyway I have a feeling they will do a co-headline tour with someone like Rob Zombie soon. I hope so anyway. 

Avenged did a full arena tour before they headlined which is why I think ghost should have held out for headliner. 

I think one arena tour would be enough for Korn to be in the conversation. 

2 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Avenged did a full arena tour before they headlined which is why I think ghost should have held out for headliner. 

The timing was just wrong for Korn more than anything. If the festival had launched a couple of years earlier than it did they probably would have been one of the early headliners. Nu Metal was on the decline by the time the festival started struggling for variety. Similarly if they hadn't headlined 2nd in 2007 they might have been the band to get the bump up the bill in '08.

Now I think people think they should headline for long service or because they like them. 

With Avenged they were on an upwards trajectory which is why they got the bump up when they did. Had already subbed, then played bigger venues

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the AX7 UK arena tour in 2013 was only 3 dates? Plus had FFDP as support when they were first getting big. 

• Like 1

Assuming Avril will be here now she’s not been announced for Slam Dunk. Think Download and R&L might wipe the floor with pop punk this year with FOB and Blink, could be FRs thinking to strike them out as competition after the issues SD faced last year. 

17 minutes ago, foolee said:

Assuming Avril will be here now she’s not been announced for Slam Dunk. 

You think? I know she obviously appeals to the pop punk crowd but she’s basically just a pop act, and considering the high placement she’d undoubtedly get I can’t really see her at Download. Think she’d be more likely for Reading/Leeds on the Blink day if she plays a U.K. festival. 

Edited by FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You think? I know she obviously appeals to the pop punk crowd but she’s basically just a pop act, and considering the high placement she’d undoubtedly get I can’t really see her at Download. Think she’d be more likely for Reading/Leeds on the Blink day if she plays a U.K. festival. 

People absolutely lose their heads at the Doghouse whenever anything of her comes on so I think she’d be a home run booking. She’s a pop act it’s ok for the greebos to like (bloody hell, I sound like Chad 😂). Also, she’s announced for some euro dates in June already. 

Edited by Andre91

Here’s my as-of-now lineup prediction: 

APEX: Fall Out Boy / The Offspring / Avril Lavigne / Bad Omens / Creeper / Wargasm / Static Dress

OPUS: Five Finger Death Punch / Corey Taylor 

AVALANCHE: Bury Tomorrow 

DOGTOOTH: Satyricon 

APEX: Queens of the Stone Age / Royal Blood / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Pretty Reckless / The Hives / Bleed From Within / Cassyette 

OPUS: Pantera / Arch Enemy

AVALANCHE: The Menzingers 

DOGTOOTH: Thy Art Is Murder

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / While She Sleeps / Spiritbox / Babymetal / We Came As Romans / Employed To Serve 

OPUS: Judas Priest or Alice Cooper / Bruce Dickinson

AVALANCHE: Yellowcard

DOGTOOTH: Biohazard  

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

APEX: Fall Out Boy / The Offspring / Avril Lavigne / Bad Omens / Creeper / Wargasm / Static Dress

APEX: Queens of the Stone Age / Royal Blood / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / The Pretty Reckless / The Hives / Bleed From Within / Cassyette 

APEX: Avenged Sevenfold / Machine Head / While She Sleeps / Spiritbox / Babymetal / We Came As Romans / Employed To Serve 

Friday and Sunday look a great time, that Saturday is dull as dishwater though. Very believable prediction that

Edited by Mammothmonprophecies
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If Download are booking FOB and QOTSA to headline then they are aiming for a more mainstream crowd this year, so wouldn't surprise me if she was booked. Especially if they go for Royal Blood too. That would feel like a deliberate move away from metal though. But maybe Knotfest UK is gonna try again (was planned for 2020 before Covid cancelled it) and that's why they are pursuing this strategy? It would all be under Live Nation I presume. 

Sorry I'm probably just talking nonsense but Slipknot playing Sick New World shows they are active and actually they did the first half of the European festival season last year, so coming back to the second half this year (Wacken plus some Knotfest dates) would fit with what they've done before.

Edited by Spiral_Low

22 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

If Download are booking FOB and QOTSA to headline then they are aiming for a more mainstream crowd this year, so wouldn't surprise me if she was booked. Especially if they go for Royal Blood too. That would feel like a deliberate move away from metal though.

Tbh I’d assumed they’ve gone with those headliners because they’ve had their hand forced rather than a deliberate attempt at changing things up, but you could be right, and I suppose having the likes of Avril there would sweeten the deal for the pop/punk crowd who are unsure if they want to bother with just FOB. Could be an interesting year lineup-wise if they do branch out a little bit more than usual.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tbh I’d assumed they’ve gone with those headliners because they’ve had their hand forced rather than a deliberate attempt at changing things up, but you could be right, and I suppose having the likes of Avril there would sweeten the deal for the pop/punk crowd who are unsure if they want to bother with just FOB. Could be an interesting year lineup-wise if they do branch out a little bit more than usual.

Can see it being:

AX7 / FFDP / While She Sleeps / Spiritbox 

QOTSA / Royal Blood / Frank Carter / Bad Omens

FOB / The Offspring/ Avril Lavigne / Weezer

With Sum 41, Enter Shikari and Sleep Token headlining second.

Meanwhile a Knotfest UK does a 2 dayer at MK Bowl with Slipknot, Korn, Judaa Priest, Rob Zombie, Machine Head and Sabaton. 

22 minutes ago, nicolaspepsi said:

I hope someone can help me with this. I want to go to the festival and return in the day by bus. Its possible? Because in green couch Page there is only the option to purchase the return only at the end of the festival. My intention is not to camp there and return to london each day

thanks

I really wouldn’t do that, you’ll be knackered. As far as I’m aware Big Green Coach only do weekend return. There are daily shuttles however to Derby and Nottingham, maybe try stay there?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who knows? I’d like it. 

Haha very tactful answer.

I'm skeptical because they haven't been included in the Hellfest or Sweden rock announcements, which you'd think they'd do if they were doing a festival tour, just Copenhell so far. Which makes me think they are doing something else alongside the odd festival date. 

Just now, Spiral_Low said:

Haha very tactful answer.

I'm skeptical because they haven't been included in the Hellfest or Sweden rock announcements, which you'd think they'd do if they were doing a festival tour, just Copenhell so far. Which makes me think they are doing something else alongside the odd festival date. 

I'm pretty certain there will be a band trying to break the record for the number of circle pits at Download, next year.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

It wouldn't shock me to see her at Reading either to be honest under Blink.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Friday day ticket, the rest not for me

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Can see it being:

AX7 / FFDP / While She Sleeps / Spiritbox 

QOTSA / Royal Blood / Frank Carter / Bad Omens

FOB / The Offspring/ Avril Lavigne / Weezer

With Sum 41, Enter Shikari and Sleep Token headlining second.

Meanwhile a Knotfest UK does a 2 dayer at MK Bowl with Slipknot, Korn, Judaa Priest, Rob Zombie, Machine Head and Sabaton. 

Way too strong Sunday, Weezer aren't playing 4th down but I think your second stage headliners are potentially right. 

Don't see a Knotfest, this year instead of Download was the time.