Download 2024

FeverDream

Just now, wro_lap said:

Re QOTSA headlining: personally I think it's much better to push up a smaller and younger/more exciting headliner than book Iron Maiden for the 50th time. It's about time Download looks slightly further afield, even if it means making a few sacrifices

The issue with that is queens are in no way an exciting band and are far from a young band. I listened to them when I was a kid and I’m a 32 year old dad 

• Upvote 1

Yeah that's FOB nailed on. A7X / QOTSA / FOB is an ace trio if true, two new headliners who haven't played the festival in like 10 years, exact kinda thing they need to be doing.

I was a big Royal Blood fan but their last album left no impression at all. I've enjoyed them every time I've seen them live but I think I'm over them in bugger slots now.

2 hours ago, Mammothmonprophecies said:

Seems those “insiders” with the leak are pretty spot on as they kept saying the 7th for the announcement. Best get listening to the newer stuff by all 3 headliners then. Not thrilled but it is what it is

Do you already have a ticket? Personally I'm thinking ArcTanGent if I like the headlines there. Smaller fest with a much nicer atmosphere. 

I like Royal Blood (except their new album) and have seen them a few times. They always sounded very good. I think they'll play third down below QOTSA or maaaaaaaybe headline second against A7X if they were willing to drop down in order to back up their "we're a rock band" shtick.

If they sub the main stage then it's a poor booking.

Offspring more or less confirmed thanks to roughbloke, hopefully they sub a day so I can justify a day ticket as I'd be happy seeing any of those headliners. If they're headlining second again I'll be a bit sad if they clash with headliner. Fill the rest of the line-up with some pop punk and I have my Slam Dunk alternative! 

17 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I didn’t suggest that. I said I didn’t want them to play because they’d be a waste of a logo slot, because they’re shite. 

To be honest I’d rather them than the same handful of not quite headliner logo bands we usually get. Something refreshing, even if the band itself isn’t particularly fresh, if you get my gist!?

6 minutes ago, Jonny_Naylor said:

I like Royal Blood (except their new album) and have seen them a few times. They always sounded very good. I think they'll play third down below QOTSA or maaaaaaaybe headline second against A7X if they were willing to drop down in order to back up their "we're a rock band" shtick.

If they sub the main stage then it's a poor booking.

Offspring more or less confirmed thanks to roughbloke, hopefully they sub a day so I can justify a day ticket as I'd be happy seeing any of those headliners. If they're headlining second again I'll be a bit sad if they clash with headliner. Fill the rest of the line-up with some pop punk and I have my Slam Dunk alternative! 

Royal Blood sub if they play, I think The Offspring will sub FOB as they've had a rise and Sum 41 will either played 3rd below them two which would generate day tickets or headline second another day to persuade others to buy. Personally wouldn't pedsuade me and i like all 3 to a point. But Sum 41 after doing Ally Pally should get main stage on their final UK show.