Graspop 2023

Archi

11 minutes ago, Archi said:

I guess so! I didn't expect this festival to happen again: such a short time to announce. Guns N Roses as headliners and announcement finally happening soon? I can imagine a band like Five Finger Death Punch as another headliner. Or Parkway Drive.

Aren't GnR rumoured to be playing Glastonbury on 24th?

36 minutes ago, Archi said:

I guess so! I didn't expect this festival to happen again: such a short time to announce. Guns N Roses as headliners and announcement finally happening soon? I can imagine a band like Five Finger Death Punch as another headliner. Or Parkway Drive.

We have a theory: Maynard James Keenan is touring Puscifer in the US and EU over the summer. He has selected double festival gigs with Puscifer and TOOL in the US. Rockville and Sonic Temple. He has a perfect gap to do the same at Download Germany in his touring plan with Puscifer.

I know this is a lot of wishful thinking, but they got to have something big up their sleeve if they really want to shift thousands of tickets for a location in the middle of nowhere just 4 months in advance.

The same theory doesn‘t fit with Graspop as Maynard cannot do two gigs there, but he has room for a show on the Friday…

EDIT: And yeah. It can hardly be GNR as this would be their first back to back nights in two different places since the reunion. But maybe the paycheck is big enough to do it anyways.

Edited by Karlos12345

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Some dates leaking here and there. I guess it's coming today

I read 3pm. Don't know BE or UK time. But def. today (finally)! I guess Graspop will only focus on GNR announcement and nothing else today. Hopefully we won't wait too much for the other names... and other headliner.

7 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Which dates have specifically leaked?

07.07 Mad Cool
11.07 Landgraaf (Pinkpop field)
13.07 Paris (Stade de France or Parc des Princes I guess)

On a French festival about Graspop, they posted: 
"Dans les dates en rumeurs, il y a le Mad Cool le 7 juillet, Landgraaf le 11 juillet, et Paris le 13 juillet. Pour les Etats Unis il y a une date le 9 septembre au Busch Stadium qui est sortie. On sera bientôt fixés."

So rumors about the dates said below as well as a show in the US on September 9th. Some people on FestiLeaks also speak about it but I don't know if it's relevant or not.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Archi said:

I read 3pm. Don't know BE or UK time. But def. today (finally)! I guess Graspop will only focus on GNR announcement and nothing else today. Hopefully we won't wait too much for the other names... and other headliner.

BE Time. But it's GnR, so it also could be a couple of hours later 😉

About the last headliner... I think it may have to do something with Download Germany. They haven't announced anything yet and they need at least two big names. First I thought GNR was going there but that is not on their tour (they do have a 6 day break between Oslo and Glasgow at that time).

Which bands are that big and available that would make Download Germany two day festival and not announce anything yet? Still thinking A7X and Tool... I'd be so happpy if Tool comes to Graspop.