2024 Festival

Chad888

I think the announcement reaction proves they didnt need any more acts on the initial acts, it has got people talking as it is. If you add too many names, names will undoubtedly go unnoticed. So may as well capitalise on the other names another time and create a second wave of hype from big names.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

No way the arena selling Prodigy play anything lower than headlining one of the Main Stages. They’re not going to sub. There’s no space for them. 

Would love to be proved wrong. 

A sub but a very strong sub I’d say. Special guests maybe? When AJ Tracey did that slot last year he was arguably more relevant to the audience in question

MSE: Blink-182 / The Prodigy (very special guests) / A Day To Remember 

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / Vampire Weekend / Lil Yachty

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / The Wombats 

MSW: Lana Del Rey / Ice Spice / Digga D 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES 

MSW: Catfish and The Bottlemen / Skrillex / The Vaccines

Looks all over the place to me. 

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MSE: Blink-182 / The Prodigy (very special guests) / A Day To Remember 

MSW: Gerry Cinnamon / Vampire Weekend / Lil Yachty

MSE: Fred again.. / Raye / The Wombats 

MSW: Lana Del Rey / Ice Spice / Digga D 

MSE: Liam Gallagher / Two Door Cinema Club / IDLES 

MSW: Catfish and The Bottlemen / Skrillex / The Vaccines

Looks all over the place to me. 

If they added ADTR, Idles, TDCC and the wombats to what they already have it would be outrageously good by recent standards for me

Edited by andyrhodes24

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

No way the arena selling Prodigy play anything lower than headlining one of the Main Stages. They’re not going to sub. There’s no space for them. 

Would love to be proved wrong. 

They've subbed R&L before and it's been a long time since they headlined a major UK festival.

Playing arenas doesn't always amount to being a festival headliner. The Manics still play arenas but they'd be lucky to get anything higher than mid main stage at R&L nowadays.

Edited by VCK2

Just now, Andre91 said:

They’re headlining Isle of Wight this year…

My bad! And that reminds me that they co-headlined IOW in 2015.

But they've still taken lower slots at R&L, Glasto and TITP in the past. Subbing or second stage. Them as MSE subs wouldn't be too bad of a shout, stick them on before Liam for a '90s night!

And Wolf Alice headlined Latitude, but we'd scoff at them any higher than sub for R&L.

You can't use acts that headline smaller festivals as evidence that they should headline R&L.

Gerry Cinnemon was booked from the start, he was never a replacement. They booked him to save some cash because Blink alone sells that day, they don't need to care about another big name. It allowed them to splash out a bit on LDR.

6 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

And Wolf Alice headlined Latitude, but we'd scoff at them any higher than sub for R&L.

You can't use acts that headline smaller festivals as evidence that they should headline R&L.

Gerry Cinnemon was booked from the start, he was never a replacement. They booked him to save some cash because Blink alone sells that day, they don't need to care about another big name. It allowed them to splash out a bit on LDR.

Cheers, Melv. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, VCK2 said:

They've subbed R&L before and it's been a long time since they headlined a major UK festival.

Playing arenas doesn't always amount to being a festival headliner. The Manics still play arenas but they'd be lucky to get anything higher than mid main stage at R&L nowadays.

They headlined The Valley at Parklife this year, which is arguable a bigger stage than the main stage some years. Their pull was much bigger than The 1975 who played at the same time.