2024 Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, FindTheGhost said:

With MCR confirmed for headlining WWWY Fest in Vegas, does anyone think there's a possibility of a UK festival slot this year? They've headlined Reading before and I'd say they're arguably much bigger now than they were during Danger Days.

WWWY is a bit of an outlier. Sets are short and there is no real stage production etc, so they can in effect just turn up with minimal rehearsal/ production costs they need to amortise over a longer tour.

Interesting choice given they played just a couple of years back. It will be interesting to see if there is the same clamour for tickets...

1 hour ago, Benj said:

WWWY is a bit of an outlier. Sets are short and there is no real stage production etc, so they can in effect just turn up with minimal rehearsal/ production costs they need to amortise over a longer tour.

Interesting choice given they played just a couple of years back. It will be interesting to see if there is the same clamour for tickets...

They're playing The Black Parade in full, that'll make a massive clamour for tickets. It'd be the same if they did it at R&L.

20 minutes ago, iammcculloch said:

They're playing The Black Parade in full, that'll make a massive clamour for tickets. It'd be the same if they did it at R&L.

Will prob sell to the nostalgia hounds, if they’re only playing for an hour, I’d much rather have the hits myself…

26 minutes ago, Benj said:

Will prob sell to the nostalgia hounds, if they’re only playing for an hour, I’d much rather have the hits myself…

This is it.

Bands that were at there heyday 20-25 years ago are only known by the hits to the majority of festival goers. 

Nobody is going to buy a ticket because Greenday are going to be playing their Nimrod album in full to celebrate 25 years. If Greenday fans want to hear it, they will go to a dedicated concert. It's far to niche.

Festival attendees would want to hear American Idiot, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Wake me Up, Basket Case, Good Riddance, Holiday...

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

All bands playing full albums is a sh*t idea. 

Depends how good your debut is / how sh*t the rest of your music is.

The Strokes play Is This It in near full every night because its full of tunes.

On the other end Two Door play Tourist History near in full every night because the rest of their albums stink beyond the singles

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

All bands playing full albums is a sh*t idea. 

Although it definitely seems like they’ve done this purely to excuse how many repeats they’ve inevitably had to book from the previous two editions, pop/punk and emo do have a ton of great albums that are much beloved by fans so I’m not against it - some albums in full on that list that I’d love to see. 

As for MCR, if they’re touring early enough then I’d put them at Download rather than R/L.

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Although it definitely seems like they’ve done this purely to excuse how many repeats they’ve inevitably had to book from the previous two editions, pop/punk and emo do have a ton of great albums that are much beloved by fans so I’m not against it - some albums in full on that list that I’d love to see. 

As for MCR, if they’re touring early enough then I’d put them at Download rather than R/L.

Download have already announced their headliners? Or do you mean 2025?

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't necessarily disagree with any of the names there, but it'd be kinda wild if Fred Again was the only act that hasn't been around for nearly two decades.

It’s what selling

…and if they want to bring an older crowd back post seemingly losing so many last year…

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think we’re getting Paramore. 

Liam Gallagher x Fred again.. 

Eminem x Kasabian 

Blink-182 x Paramore 

Blink x Paramore day to appeal to the WWWY crowd in an ideal world. 

Have I missed something, how come LGs being touted

If Liam headlines, day tickets for when he plays will surely sell out super fast. His tour for next year sold out in minutes. That were over 250k tickets and yet so many people still missed out! The demand for him is huge and he is really popular with both young and older audiences 

Edited by cinnamoncola

I have been told...

R/Fri & L/Sat.. Post Malone x Catfish & the Bottlemen

R/Sat & L/Sun.. Blink 182 x Fred Again..

R/Sun & L/Sun.. Eminem x Paramore

I would take with a pinch of salt as it was told to a friend in the industry by somebody else in the industry who had heard.. so literally a friend of an acquaintance of a friend.

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I have been told...

R/Fri & L/Sat.. Post Malone x Catfish & the Bottlemen

R/Sat & L/Sun.. Blink 182 x Fred Again..

R/Sun & L/Sun.. Eminem x Paramore

I would take with a pinch of salt as it was told to a friend in the industry by somebody else in the industry who had heard.. so literally a friend of an acquaintance of a friend.

If we do get both Blink and Paramore I hope to God they’re on the same day but historically speaking R&L don’t care much about the punter and will do anything into forcing people to buy weekend tickets. Proper stinks.

Edited by FeverDream

I still think the headliners being thrown around are too big. This is R&L. Fender, Capaldi, Foals and Imagine Dragons were booked last year. Halsey and Megan Thee Stallion the year before. Disclosure and Catfish the year before that. Also just realised that The 1975 have headlined 3 of the last 4 festivals which is laughable. 

There are going to be at least two weak headliners, and I don't class Fred Again.. as a weak one.

Gerry Cinnamon, Enter Shikari, Bastille, Doja Cat, Yungblud, Wizkid, Charli XCX, Two Door Cinema Club, Courteeners - I can see a couple of those being headliners. 

Also, The Libertines should 100% be in the conversation.