Y Not 2023

Jack.194

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

Are royal blood touring with muse

Yes they are. The last date of the Muse tour so far is 22nd July. However, they could extend it and keep RB on the tour with them. I was hoping RB would play Truck but that looks so unlikely but I guess their is a chance of Y Not if Muse finish on the 22nd July.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Derbyphil said:

Saw Y Not ownership changed hands the other week. Now owned by the same company that own Boardmasters/Victorious/et/etc. Maybe the reason for lack of announcements.

Good spot. Just looking at companies does indeed confirm this to be true

Was a horrible time to not be part of a bigger group as the pandemic hit and costs have since gone up, was probably too expensive to run anymore so they've sold it on. Very difficult to book acts in this marketplace and the onsite costs. 

If they stayed Independent they would likely have been able to book smaller acts and I imagine they wouldn't have been confident of selling as well doing this. Now it can be block booked across Superstruct's UK festivals, would be a situation where they book acts across a couple years so its not same acts playing everywhere in one summer, but rather play these 2 this year and these 2 next year. UK acts which is the bulk of Superstructs line ups its clever planning.

When Y Not went independent from Global/Broadwick and never got acquired by Super it borrowed cash from Global. I'd imagine that cash has never been repaid due to bad years with weather and then COVID.

So a deal been struck with Super

Y Not already shares a third-party booker with Tramlines and Victorious, as well as staffing. So Super can probably make it more cost effective. 

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

When Y Not went independent from Global/Broadwick and never got acquired by Super it borrowed cash from Global. I'd imagine that cash has never been repaid due to bad years with weather and then COVID.

So a deal been struck with Super

Y Not already shares a third-party booker with Tramlines and Victorious, as well as staffing. So Super can probably make it more cost effective. 

Makes sense.  

Seems for a change victorious is announcing first and the rest will be Jan/Feb like you said