2023 Wishlist

Nick07

23 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

She's playing Coachella and did BlueDot last year. Whilst it is out of EOTRs range I think the idea that this just isn't available for a festival is wrong. Would not be surprised to see APE or GM have her. Can also see her own solo gigs but don't know why she didn't just announce them with these if that was the case.

Yes, but this is a specifically designed show for arenas that she has done in the US but not Europe before, whereas Bluedot and Coachella were specially commissioned sets with local orchestras. (Also it looks like all the announced dates are indoors)

14 minutes ago, RustySpanner said:

Remember the days of clues given out the day before the line-up release?!

I was thinking about this, but I suspect there's so many artists still being rebooked from 2020 and those that dropped off in 2021 they'd have to work around.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

1 minute ago, RedRockRick said:

Well, they have posted two different 2023 flyers which no doubt contain hidden info for extraction, so knock yourself out. 

They did the same last year and neither of the bands we came to the assumption they were giving clues for actually played. (Yeah, I read the pre-announcement pages of the 2022 thread last night, what of it?)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They did the same last year and neither of the bands we came to the assumption they were giving clues for actually played. (Yeah, I read the pre-announcement pages of the 2022 thread last night, what of it?)

Poster of a giant picking someone up and we didn't get Big Thief - I couldn't believe it.

2 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

The travel isn't the issue, over the summer artists play different countries in consecutive days all the time. It's that these are theatrical arena shows with surround sound enabled stage design, visuals and an enormous cast including a choir and woodwind and percussion sections. In other words, even if she was within EOTR's range, not a festival show.

Well kinda my point yeah. If it was one guy and a guitar its doable.

The Smile an option?

Edited by The Nal

I notice AndyLoos were name checked in the Beautiful Days lineup announcement

The festival were very happy to announce that Andy Loos will be back in 2023. They had been unable to work with the festival since 2019 but they’ve partnered with Exmoor Luxury Loos and will be providing the toilets and servicing at Beautiful Days 2023. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its a new festival so always gong to be cheap to start with. Its only 3 days. EOTR has loads more acts. Its about the same price as EOTR early birds.

Loads more of unknown acts that haven't even released an lp yes . I don't get why people stick for this line up and festival.  I get its a nice festival but that doesn't give them right to just give mostly unknown bands . What's the excuse for bearded then good few female fronted acts there as well . So what if its early birds that's in the past the price is £245 . Its not gonna come even close to selling out.  Wouldn't be shocked If it gets cancelled.  Loads who paid a 60 deposit including me are gonna lose that , as no way will I paying 185 on top and I doubt many others will.