Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, JonSnow said:

Is this going to end up being Taylors 'Solar Power' album? I wonder   (don't forget both albums are a Jack Antonoff project)

I'm a big fan of Jack Antanoff and the production work he's done but this definitely sounds like the dregs of a working relationship. The collaboration with Dessner clearly lit a real spark - should've carried on that direction or tried another one entirely. This sounds Lover's from the vaults

Much, much prefer solar power

1 minute ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm liking the sound of this.

There's some major zingers in here. Need that vinyl and to sit and comb through the lyrics.

People absolutely should adjust their expectations going in, though. It's definitely the most mellow recorded she's done outside of Folklore/Evermore.

1 minute ago, willd255 said:

I'm a big fan of Jack Antanoff and the production work he's done but this definitely sounds like the dregs of a working relationship. The collaboration with Dessner clearly lit a real spark - should've carried on that direction or tried another one entirely. This sounds Lover's from the vaults

Much, much prefer solar power

Funny, I've got the exact opposite take. I think the production on this is absolutely top tier. Some real new directions for Taylor on this album.  Feels very fresh.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jparx said:

There's some major zingers in here. Need that vinyl and to sit and comb through the lyrics.

People absolutely should adjust their expectations going in, though. It's definitely the most mellow recorded she's done outside of Folklore/Evermore.

I wonder if the vinyl will turn up tomorrow, I'm not even sure which one I have ordered

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Funny, I've got the exact opposite take. I think the production on this is absolutely top tier. Some real new directions for Taylor on this album.  Feels very fresh.

Interesting - wish I felt same way! It mostly sounds like covered ground to me. 

Vigilante shit is a fresh sound for her, to be fair, but I'm getting quite bored of other pop stars trying and failing to do the Billie Eilish thing well

2 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I'm so intrigued - I'm not particularly worried by the "it's bad" reviews (there are plenty of people saying it's good, too) because my favourite tracks never tend to overlap with the larger fanbase anyway. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Yeah, it's definitely not a bad record. It's still Taylor Swift - the lyrics are sharp, snappy and it's really well produced. I'm sure there will be plenty of debate about the direction, but I'm always happy with something that's fresh and different - she's already done Red, 1989 etc., no need retreading ground. 

29 minutes ago, jparx said:

Alright I've buckled.

3 tracks in - it sounds like the album cover. Definite Lorde elements to the production.

I like it, but then again I probably would say that. It sounds like the 1989 afterparty. 

I have also buckled - currently 3 tracks in and absolutely loving it so far.

Heard it described as 1989 / Rep / Lover and I am definitely getting those vibes so far

1st track Lavender would fit on Lover

2nd Track Maroon is straight off Reputation - the beats, the vocal style - listen to King of My Heart (which I adore) and then listen to this and tell me they aren't related.  Love it

Then onto track 3 - Anti-Hero. Absolutely stunning - so blown away I had to play it twice before moving on. Major 1989 vibes with a bit of Rep thrown in.

Production is incredible and such a vibe.  Hope it keeps on like this

To be fair I am a huge 1989 / Reputation fan so this is just what I wanted

9 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I have also buckled - currently 3 tracks in and absolutely loving it so far.

Heard it described as 1989 / Rep / Lover and I am definitely getting those vibes so far

1st track Lavender would fit on Lover

2nd Track Maroon is straight off Reputation - the beats, the vocal style - listen to King of My Heart (which I adore) and then listen to this and tell me they aren't related.  Love it

Then onto track 3 - Anti-Hero. Absolutely stunning - so blown away I had to play it twice before moving on. Major 1989 vibes with a bit of Rep thrown in.

Production is incredible and such a vibe.  Hope it keeps on like this

To be fair I am a huge 1989 / Reputation fan so this is just what I wanted

I suspect you'll really enjoy the rest of it 😀

Seemed pretty negative on the comments but I am absolutely loving it so far.

Not normally one to listen to leaks but I have a lot of meetings tomorrow so couldn't pass up the chance to have an uninterrupted run-through.

Barely noticed Lana on her track as well which is certainly a plus.

Edited by banananey