Mad Cool 2023

edge235

22 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I thought Bjork was all but confirmed for the second clue and personally I was sure one of them was arcade fire 

i read that chemical brothers were all but confirmed for this fest too

Oh wow yeah Bjork is a good shout! Thought it would be hard to top last years’ headliners but I think they might just have done it.

Been thinking about this, if Billie Eilish is about around Werchter time by the looks of it, I can’t see Mad Cool missing out on her. I also think that they’ll have Lizzo and The Black Keys from Nos. Surely we can’t be right with all of those predictions on that grid because those names coupled with the likes of GNR, Green Day, Lana Del Rey etc would be far too big for a three day festival? 

5 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Been thinking about this, if Billie Eilish is about around Werchter time by the looks of it, I can’t see Mad Cool missing out on her. I also think that they’ll have Lizzo and The Black Keys from Nos. Surely we can’t be right with all of those predictions on that grid because those names coupled with the likes of GNR, Green Day, Lana Del Rey etc would be far too big for a three day festival? 

The Green Day hint was probably Yellow Days (are touring), The Bjork hint was probably Men I Trust (are touring) and that Game Boy is probably not Lana but a smaller name too. 

People always assume the biggest names of course but out of the hints I reckon only The 1975, GnR and QOTSA are actual headliners. 

Prediction:

Billie Eilish - Guns n Roses - Red Hot Chili Peppers

QOTSA - The 1975 - Lizzo - The Black Keys

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Prediction:

Those are the big names, what about others? Amyl and the Sniffers, Nothing but Thieves, Goodbye June were a blast last year. Are they all excluded this year? Or Papa Roach, Hollywod Vampires etc.?

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The Green Day hint was probably Yellow Days (are touring), The Bjork hint was probably Men I Trust (are touring) and that Game Boy is probably not Lana but a smaller name too. 

People always assume the biggest names of course but out of the hints I reckon only The 1975, GnR and QOTSA are actual headliners. 

Prediction:

Yeah, I think your prediction is about right. Would be surprised if RHCP are about and they haven’t got them. 

I was going to make a comment about the danger of teasing bigger names and then not delivering could cause a massive backlash through bad communication. Then remembered that this is Mad Cool…

1 minute ago, 49Lawson said:

Yeah, I think your prediction is about right. Would be surprised if RHCP are about and they haven’t got them. 

I was going to make a comment about the danger of teasing bigger names and then not delivering could cause a massive backlash through bad communication. Then remembered that this is Mad Cool…

I'm assuming if RHCP are still in Europe mid July then they will be at Mad cool, they were previously booked for the 2021 edition. 

27 minutes ago, Hover said:

Those are the big names, what about others? Amyl and the Sniffers, Nothing but Thieves, Goodbye June were a blast last year. Are they all excluded this year? Or Papa Roach, Hollywod Vampires etc.?

I am only talking about headliners. And Hollywood Vampires? I remeber Mad Cool form the great alternative undercard they have, but that would be a far cry from that.

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

Either this clue has everybody really stumped; or people have just gone past caring and are ready for the line up now 

8869100D-2E66-4673-9853-023581DE8CF8.jpeg

This one is the hardest by far. Reallyyyy stretching with my guess but I’d go with Biffy Clyro (reference to The Captain maybe?). Very wishful thinking and can’t see it being a clue for them.

2 hours ago, 49Lawson said:

Either this clue has everybody really stumped; or people have just gone past caring and are ready for the line up now 

8869100D-2E66-4673-9853-023581DE8CF8.jpeg

For me? Long past caring. What‘s the point anymore without giving conclusions?

They could very well just post a random letter from the alphabet and make people guess „uuuh who could that be?“.

Imagine they are just posting random pictures without any link to the lineup? I mean…you can find a reason for any artist to match the picture. Who hasn‘t wrote a line with sugar, hell or a door in it?

It. Is. Boring.

• Upvote 4