Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

Yes it is high for them but let’s not forget that their max is 90k, and Sziget gets 450-500k visitors.

Those figures are very misleading, those 450k is over the week. I would imagine its a similar capacity each day.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Newjem said:

Rock and metal festivals have very loyal fanbases but they're slowly running out of headliners.

You're right, BUT ! many people don't go to those fests' for the headliners (Iron maiden, KISS, Metallica, Scorptions etc...), and I'm one of them ^^ And when I see Emo making a come back , I'm sure rock still have plenty of years ahead 🙂

29 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

You're right, BUT ! many people don't go to those fests' for the headliners (Iron maiden, KISS, Metallica, Scorptions etc...), and I'm one of them ^^ And when I see Emo making a come back , I'm sure rock still have plenty of years ahead 🙂

And we aren't slowly running out of headliners: we just finally move on. These dinosaurs have kept the spot way too long. Not speaking about the biggest like Metallica as they're still able to sell out stadiums. But the old boring acts like KissAerosmithScorpionsMötley CrüeJudas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne... time for bands like Bring Me The HorizonParkway DriveFive Finger Death PunchGhost or Sabaton to finally have the opportunity to become the real new headliners. 

Rock and metal are still working very well. Bands will just change a bit and some legends that have been active way too long will finally stop 🙂 

4 hours ago, kkpb8038 said:

Sziget is about 90k a day too.

some days less if not sold out.  It’s not as big as people think

That might be the case, but 1) they can maintain that over 6 days, with many day ticket sales and 2) I could only find a  2009 number for Download but their total attendance there was only 120k, even tho their daily attendance is 80-90k. 

I think they sell far less day tickets and this is why their overall attendence I think is probably about third pf Sziget. 

I’m not saying this to cast shade on it, again, I’ve been there and loved it. I’m still reacting to the original point where the person stated that the success of Download proves that there is a bigger appetite for rock/metal. Sadly not the case.

50 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I just notice something that will allow us in the future to "hope" a bit more : Adam Beyer will be at Sziget...but also at Balaton.

So an artist can do both festivals...

That’s nothing new, happened a few times in the past but it’s not that common. And they won’t share headliners for sure.

7 hours ago, Newjem said:

That’s nothing new, happened a few times in the past but it’s not that common. And they won’t share headliners for sure.

sooo no Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren ..? 😞 lol damn at least give us purple disco machine or robin schulz !! 😅😭

3 hours ago, activean said:

On the new map beside some extra space on the south side, it looks like Europa stage and Global village switch places

2023map_camping_plus.png

I didn't spent much time at Global village, so I don't realise "who's the winner" in this switch lol, Europe or Global ?

20 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

I didn't spent much time at Global village, so I don't realise "who's the winner" in this switch lol, Europe or Global ?

The new Europe stage area is bigger and more peaceful, but more distant...it was quite empty every time I went to/past the Global village stage.

I'm putting my hopes on a good Europe stage programme, it has potential, also Sziget is missing some alternatives to the main stage when sub/headliners is on.

Or the Europe stage will be even more marginal now, can't tell it either.

Edited by activean

28 minutes ago, Tom Lobo said:

The singer/songwriterstage is gone? 

Gone. It has seen good times, but in 2014-ish I remember seeing a poor artist there who was performing in a pretty much empty tent.

9 hours ago, Matt86 said:

I think we're the winners here, if I had to guess a reason could be that last time there was a relatively big area between the two stages where you could hear both A38 and Europe at once and that's always disturbing.

Also, bit of an off topic. I was jogging on the island yesterday. Plenty of nice green grass. Hope it stays that way until the end of the festival...

Edited by kristofm
  • Like 4