Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

On 3/10/2023 at 11:01 AM, billybigballs said:

Perhaps it means the opposite of attractive women? Which would be clever men.

Boygenius?

Although I appreciate that might imply that attractive women can't be clever, which isn't my intention!

Could be NO YOU GIRLS - Franz Ferdinand?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

Someone is claiming that we are getting the Weeknd at Sziget. He does have a gap in his tour 12th of August in Estonia and 18th of August in the UK but I don't see that happening

Screenshot_20230311_112845_Instagram.jpg

Could the 💡 👎 mean “Blindig Lights”?? 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Could the 💡 👎 mean “Blindig Lights”?? 

Yeah it could be. him not doing festivals only stadium tours makes him a bit unlikely but not impossible

the 💡 emoji has also been used in one of their posts as well as the 👑 in another post

Edited by poelim

8 minutes ago, poelim said:

Yeah it could be. him not doing festivals only stadium tours makes him a bit unlikely but not impossible

the 💡 emoji has also been used in one of their posts

They also used 👑 on the post where they announed that new names are coming and 🦁 in the latest post 

Also in 2019 Ed Sheeran was on stadium tour but he came to Sziget that year.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by ReljaGajić
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ReljaGajić said:

They also used 👑 on the post where they announed that new names are coming and 🦁 in the latest post 

Also in 2019 Ed Sheeran was on stadium tour but he came to Sziget that year.. 🤷🏼‍♂️

how does the crown and lion emoji relate to the weeknd?

13 hours ago, Rockwave said:

Could also be XS - Rina Sawayama. XSupermodel

it could have, if the S of "XS" meant "supermodel"... which doesn't 😉 nice one though lol (and she's still possible)

Ahhhhh THE WEEKND rumour is back... lol I'm sorry, but with Billie Eilish, I think 2 big names like that would be too much, sorry 😅

Girl in Red, I Hate Models, Macklemore and Lorde ---> these are, to me, the most logical guess we can make with @Sziget2023_Leaks clues 🙂 (still think the lion emoji is too vague.)

And thnks to the other festivals in August, my hopes are Turnstile, Beartooth, The Strokes, Lil Nas X, Rina Sawayama and Placebo. 3 of those 6 and I'd be happy af 😄

4 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Ahhhhh THE WEEKND rumour is back... lol I'm sorry, but with Billie Eilish, I think 2 big names like that would be too much, sorry 😅

Hahaha lol, one can always have hope 

dua lipa & justin bieber last year were also 2 big names right?

3 minutes ago, poelim said:

Hahaha lol, one can always have hope 

dua lipa & justin bieber last year were also 2 big names right?

don't know if Dua Lipa was THAT expensive, thanks to her relationship with sziget.. but you're right, there's a little hope ^^

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a_musk said:

But if the Weeknd is one of the headliners then surely we can't have Lorde as well because there should be a rock headliner as well surely? Unless there one of them is co-headlining

If it would be the weeknd, my only guess is the 🦁 does stand for M&S (but i thought they would be unlikely looking at their agenda) and the 👑👑 Ava Max

perhaps the 👑👑 can still stand for Lorde as co-sub

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Teronite said:

So I really really want to be right on that one:
Is it "No Role Modelz" by J.COLE??
Who's by the way have the 👑 symbol on his album.
We are missing a rapper so that also fits.

That would be absolutely amazing but very very unlikely considering he’s not touring this year

4 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

He is, pretty sure I read he's doing a joint tour with drake.

He's also heading fests in 2023, one with Drake and Usher.

Yeah true he’s doing Dreamville but that’s his only show this year and it’s his record labels festival so i guess he would make an exception for that

Besides dreamville he has no concerts planned this year

I just got home from the sold out Lorde show in Melbourne. The vibes - immaculate. The energy - electric. Solar Power confounds expectations in its unnervingly natural transition to the live stage. Our assumptions that her live show would rely heavily on Pure Heroine and Melodrama era was wrong. 

I made and account just to say to the doubters - If Lorde is headlining, we will indeed be blessed. Amen. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’m still sure Lorde is on the line up. It fits in perfectly with her august European run.

I could definitely see her as a Co-headline but I would have assumed she will take the closing spot. So a Lorde/Macklemore co-headline is what I am assuming will be announced.

In 2019 we had 9 headliners for 7 days music, so there’s nothing to say we can’t have 8 this year over 6 days. It just depends how much they want to go for it this year.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully. I think there were originally talks of 2 rock headliners, but at this point I would be happy with one at least. With the end of Volt festival Hungary doesn't really have a "rock" festival anymore so it would be cool to see some at Sziget at least.

Based on the previous history of Sziget, we know they often share names with R&L and they are this year- could we therefore get the Killers as the final headliner (sorry if this has already been discussed).

If the 🦁 = Mumford & sons, I’d personally have them second down under imagine dragons. Given victorious have them as a headliner it would be (in my opinion) a weak booking if they were headlining. The first day of the festival is very strong already so I don’t think we will get much extra added to this but the second half there is a lot of potential.

What I think it could look like in a best case scenario (for headliners/coheadliners)

10th: Florence

11th: Imagine dragons/ Mumford & sons

12th: David Guetta 

13th: The Killers  

14th: Lorde/ Macklemore 

15th: Billie Eilish

that would give us 2 days with co-headliners like in 2019. The only thing really missing is a rapper, who I assume will be under Billie Eilish (but I don’t know my rappers very well)

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

I guess both Sziget and Rock en Seine will share some acts from Tuesday's announcement. Does that mean that we will get a rock headliner?

image.thumb.png.826f6e92700b7330c68ebe25098cf669.png

Interesting, both festival with announcement on the same day.

It does makes me wonder a bit, if there is a huge headliner behind this?