Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

Just now, WRhodes493 said:

https://twitter.com/KendalCalling/status/1618156853669642240?t=1zH2JUBzqIQW_5glMMAdpg&s=19

Kendal Calling just announced - all the headliners have headlined Tramlines before EXCEPT Blossoms...

Surprised at the lack of Jamie t, I think we’ll be getting blossoms which I kind of already expected, hopefully Rick astley too 😅

34 minutes ago, WRhodes493 said:

https://twitter.com/KendalCalling/status/1618156853669642240?t=1zH2JUBzqIQW_5glMMAdpg&s=19

Kendal Calling just announced - all the headliners have headlined Tramlines before EXCEPT Blossoms...

Yep, huge amount of churn lately in this group of festivals. Definitely won't be going to Kendal

19 minutes ago, Flints said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Elbow yet.

I'm surprised they have never played Tramlines, seems a perfect festival for them.

Would love to see Elbow. Good live act, and fit the Tramlines profile. Also played Jodrell before it became Bluedot, so potentially in the booking pool.

55 minutes ago, WRhodes493 said:

Too soon for Kasabian, Royal Blood or Nile Rodgers to headline Tramlines again I agree so can't see much cross over in the way of headliners.

Just now, Samjones said:

I wouldn’t be against a Nike Rogers return so soon. As repetitive as Kendal lineup is, can’t deny it’s a pretty strong lineup

I agree, its very solid for a year where there is supposedly not many mid sized headliners about

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

I wouldn’t be against a Nike Rogers return so soon. As repetitive as Kendal lineup is, can’t deny it’s a pretty strong lineup

I'm not against return headliners per say but Rodgers could only headline the Sunday and I believe that is going to be Paul Heaton.

Its the Friday and Saturday that is worrying, think Kaiser Chiefs will end up subbing one of those days and Blossoms unfortunately now seem a shoe-in (not my sort of music and fail to see really what progression they've gone on since they subbed about two years ago).

I think we all thought this lineup was going to be below par given the drawn out announcement and it is shaping up to be as expected.

If the lineup is as shaping up, not sure I'll be attending for 2024 - probably end up at TRNSMT or Boardmasters.

28 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Could see the enemy either being the Sunday lunchtime “special guest” or 4th down on the other days

Blimey, are they doing the rounds again? Snapped them at Bingley back in 2010, must've been first or second album.

The lack of headliners I mentioned has just shone through with the Kendal Calling line up. There is next to no one new or inspiring around this year. Blue Dot has done a decent job scraping something together.

Superstruct has more or less acquired all remaining shares in festivals they invested in. So get ready for cost cutting and samey line ups for a few years. 

Edited by JBarbour