Volunteering 2023

neil93

48 minutes ago, gazzared said:

For 2019 Oxfam sent me a link to a pre-recorded training video and I just had to email them back confirming that I'd watched it all.... And no I didn't fast forward a few parts of the 4hour video 🤔😂

I just did a 2 hour video and had to send in the 3 pics they showed during it lol 

4 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

they moved last year ' except the new area this year the area has more crew camping { far more than the WBC need } so its not clear if it will be in the exact same spot + crew entry gates may change this year - You should find out when you come off the coach ' to pick your ticket up ' - Big note last year they were doing it by Coach order so if your Team arrives by later coach they may have to wait longer. Last year they did have a van running down camping gear ## so look out for it ## many just rushed in after picking up their ticket so they did not spot the van . Facilities are roughly the same as other years. the crew bar has phone power charging 

its though Gate A and Pylon is down the hill - you can see the pylons in the photo - crew bar was on the left { out of sight }  and the Pyramid would be on the right { out of sight } - that is not all the camp - it was split in two { but the same field }

I always work in the crew bar { well for the past 15 years } so don't know the times of the public bars.

IMG_20220626_194755381_HDR.thumb.jpg.48937aff99e5ee6bcd9f2ed8ad012d28.jpg

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the reply. 

Irritatingly I'm arriving separately as I'm coming from Brum and going back home to London after Glastonbury. 

It sounds like I'll be there before the others I'm working with but I also have to be there for 2pm. 

Hopefully they send out better info soon. But I'm impatient and excited. 

Just now, Radiopaste said:

Very excited now. Do you get given Oxfam shift patterns when you arrive or in advance?

when you get there 👍 you can get to the oxfield from 10am to 8pm on the mon or tues! 

14 minutes ago, CBR said:

Been trying for weeks and ofc they release a load after I've just come off a night shift and asleep😪

1 minute ago, sedra said:

Can’t believe I missed this morning 🙄 have been checking daily but slept in today 🙁

Same situation with me, had a lie in as i'm going on a training course rather than usual work and they come up while i'm still asleep. Been checking on the hour and half relentlessly when at my desk for work too. Hopefully some more come up but i'm starting to feel like it's not my year this year.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to everyone who got a place this morning !!!

Like others I’ve being sat on proceed for the last 2 weeks refreshing half hourly somehow wasn’t online this morning when this latest batch were released 😢😪

It’s unreal….had an Oxfam place in 2020 which was obviously lost during the Covid years, missed out on tickets for last year and then in November got through to payment verification multiple times but was failed at the seetickets end after being a click away from tickets then and now can’t catch a break here 🥲

It’s starting to feel like I’ll never make it back and I’ve done something to upset the glasto gods 😅

Had mentally checked out from going this year as it’s been a barren few weeks on the Oxfam front but now I’ve been pulled back in 🤞🏼

2 minutes ago, northernbro said:

Congrats to everyone who got a place this morning !!!

Like others I’ve being sat on proceed for the last 2 weeks refreshing half hourly somehow wasn’t online this morning when this latest batch were released 😢😪

It’s unreal….had an Oxfam place in 2020 which was obviously lost during the Covid years, missed out on tickets for last year and then in November got through to payment verification multiple times but was failed at the seetickets end after being a click away from tickets then and now can’t catch a break here 🥲

It’s starting to feel like I’ll never make it back and I’ve done something to upset the glasto gods 😅

Had mentally checked out from going this year as it’s been a barren few weeks on the Oxfam front but now I’ve been pulled back in 🤞🏼

Given your experience, if you are able, get two non-Glasto festivals booked in with Oxfam and get on the priority list next year.

6 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Given your experience, if you are able, get two non-Glasto festivals booked in with Oxfam and get on the priority list next year.

That’s true and I’ve certainly considered it…but it’s just not feasible this year due to other commitments. So as ever it’s Glasto or bust unfortunately 🙂 

Just now, northernbro said:

That’s true and I’ve certainly considered it…but it’s just not feasible this year due to other commitments. So as ever it’s Glasto or bust unfortunately 🙂 

Fair enough, I get that, finding the annual leave and two free weekends isn’t easy, especially when you have to be on site a day early.

• Upvote 1

Missed out this morning as I was driving when my Distill pinged. Pulled over the first chance I had but alas, too late. I'm trying to remain philosophical about it: maybe it's just not meant to be this year!

Huge, huge congrats to everybody who bagged one though. Made up for you all. So glad your persistence paid off!

There were places up for 20 or so minutes, and lots seemed to get them this morning, so I would guess that's the last big drop, with the possibility of dribs and drabs between now and the festival

4 minutes ago, chestwig said:

How long where these tickets actually available for?

Became available at 06:57 and people were getting them without it "selling out" till around 07:11.  They were then becoming available on and off at random times till about 07:40

Edited by Greenelk

7 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Became available at 06:57 and people were getting them without it "selling out" till around 07:11.  They were then becoming available on and off at random times till about 07:40

This is so annoying, had it been yesterday or tomorrow i'd have been up at that time.