Volunteering 2023

neil93

18 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Can anyone with Oxfam bun fight experience tell me the best way to jump on when they release places? Is it better to log in to my account ahead of the release time and just click the drop down at the release time to select Glastonbury or should I log into my account at the release time and then select Glastonbury? Basically do you need to log into your account after the tim ethe slots are released or will the option be available if you're logged in before the release time and so appear in the drop down box at the release time.

I hope i've explained what i'm asking so people can understand. 

Also, what day do you need to arrive for Oxfam?

From past experience try to log on before but they will announce a time on the Facebook group.

Arrival is Monday from 11:00ish up to about 17:00 Tuesday. Must be on site and booked in by then as the wristband operation stops and the briefings are mandatory 

5 minutes ago, March Hare said:

From past experience try to log on before but they will announce a time on the Facebook group.

Arrival is Monday from 11:00ish up to about 17:00 Tuesday. Must be on site and booked in by then as the wristband operation stops and the briefings are mandatory 

Thanks @March Hare - i'll book the Monday and Tuesday off in case then. It would be nice to get down early and enjoy the site/crew bars before the official open.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

Thanks @March Hare i'll book the Monday and Tuesday off in case then.

I'd definitely recommend taking the opportunity to get the extra days in.

It's not the same as a Festival show day, of course, but it's still a great experience and a lot of fun.

For my taste if you're going with Oxfam the optimal time to arrive is 2-3pm on the Monday - there should still be a good choice of camping spots and you can get pitched, registered, fed, and ideally briefed in time to go find the various crew bars etc on the Monday evening. Then spend Tuesday during the day exploring the site before it gets trashed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, incident said:

I'd definitely recommend taking the opportunity to get the extra days in.

It's not the same as a Festival show day, of course, but it's still a great experience and a lot of fun.

For my taste if you're going with Oxfam the optimal time to arrive is 2-3pm on the Monday - there should still be a good choice of camping spots and you can get pitched, registered, fed, and ideally briefed in time to go find the various crew bars etc on the Monday evening. Then spend Tuesday during the day exploring the site before it gets trashed.

Thanks, realise I might be getting a bit ahead of myself already planning what i'm gonna do when I get to site.

15 minutes ago, Havors said:

I'm hoping it's extra places they have been allocated by glasto like last year as well as cancellations. 

**This post is all speculation**

There was the Friday night last year where everyone got in with Oxfam and we thought it was for the extra stewards the festival asked for. That was early May. I got three mates in that night and places were available for hours with no announcement.

My point is: if you don’t get in on Tuesday - it’s not over

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Thanks, realise I might be getting a bit ahead of myself already planning what i'm gonna do when I get to site.

You should! It’s going to happen. 

I agree with @incident. Get there 3pm at the latest on Monday, register, pitch tent, have your briefing then head into the festival that evening for a photo at the sign with just you and your mates.  If you don’t know anyone, join the massive Oxfam walk to the pyramid and crew bar bar crawl (spoiler - it heads to one place and doesn’t move much because there are hundreds of people).  Join the oxfam WhatsApp/telegram for deets.

Tuesday, explore the whole festival and have a late night (assuming you are not on at 8am). The place is buzzing and the party lasts until early hours.

There is still plenty of space between the tents on Tuesday. If you arrive on Tuesday in a group, it’s tough finding a good spot where you can form a circle/camp. There is space if you head in from the paths 

21 minutes ago, March Hare said:

**This post is all speculation**

There was the Friday night last year where everyone got in with Oxfam and we thought it was for the extra stewards the festival asked for. That was early May. I got three mates in that night and places were available for hours with no announcement.

My point is: if you don’t get in on Tuesday - it’s not over

Just to clarify here - you saying post the second release of spots, there was a third "secret" release in an evening where there were more spots available to grab?

7 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Sorry, more questions.

Can anyone tell me what is required to book your spot. Do you just log in, click Glastonbury from the drop down, pay a deposit and then that's it for now? Do you give all other applications details at a later time/day?

Yeah, just reserve your place. Few buttons to “check” like being available on the dates etc etc. then payment and boom! You’re in.

Your profile gets updated after this so you have a few days to put mode of transport etc in

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Sorry, more questions.

Can anyone tell me what is required to book your spot. Do you just log in, click Glastonbury from the drop down, pay a deposit and then that's it for now? Do you give all other applications details at a later time/day?

Yes, although from what was said in the E-Mail today, in this case "a later time/day" means "within 24 hours".

1 hour ago, leej7 said:

Just to clarify here - you saying post the second release of spots, there was a third "secret" release in an evening where there were more spots available to grab?

Oxfam have frequently released a small number of places for all of their festivals without notification. Not all of them at the same time but this is a fact. They have also added festivals out of the blue after contracts have been signed off. It can happen!

7 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I'm on the Lockups crew, been doing that for a few years now!

OK. The bar crawl I've done is for the recycling and some other crews which leaves from Tom's Field. The glasto worker bees FB page normally has details. Oxfam also do one as well I believe  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

I'm on the Lockups crew, been doing that for a few years now!

Please come to the efests meet, I’m well into Oxfam stewarding but I’d love to know more about getting into lockups crew. It’s looks hard but fun at the same time. Plus I love the CND